“It was what I expected from Hampton Inns” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto
“It was what I expected from Hampton Inns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

From the young lady at check-in. To our departure. We got what we have become to expect from Hampton Inn's. The beds are always comfortable. It is also reassuring that not only that the sheets and towels are changed. But, also the duvet. This is an item that receives low marks in international hotel inspections. I can understand the little extra post-it on the bed post to stress this extra. So far on this trip we have stayed at 4 Hampton Inns and they all had the post-it. The only minor thing, which was beyond the control of the hotel, was the motor-cycles on the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you very much! We've had good response to our duvet program, and I'm glad you enjoyed the fresh linens. It sounds like you've travelled to many hotels, and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll share your comments with the team.

thank you again, and we hope we see you again on your next trip to Rochester!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Yankton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times, it is always clean and the staff are helpful. The Mayo shuttle is Hampton's only so you do not have to ride and pick up other locations - are there in < 15 minutes. Good location, quite.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Tim! Glad you enjoyed your stay. We are humbled when guests take time out of their day to send us a review on TripAdvisor.

We'll see you next time!
Alexandria, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very noisy between the rooms, especially from above The room smelled and had yellow post it notes on the headboard stating the bedding is cleaned between guests, I would hope so! Handling of Mayo Clinic shuttle was very disorganized! The breakfast was bland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Barbara,

I've very sorry you experienced noise issues during your stay. We do our best to block rooms in a manner to reduce noise, but sometimes we don't do so well enough. It is frustrating to have to deal with noisy neighbors, and I'm sorry it affected your sleep.

The post-it notes are a new initiative for Hampton Inns. We like differentiating ourselves from the competition by cleaning our duvets after every guest, as many of our competitors do not.

Obviously we dropped the ball during your stay, and I am sorry. I have sent you an e-mail to discuss further, as we stand 100% behind our 100% Guarantee.

Oconomowoc, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

It has been a while since I have been greeted and treated so nice when checking in. No cold front desk agent here. Rooms are great too. I would definitely come back. Good location close to downtown. I couldn’t believe special parking for diamond members. Nice but certainly not expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jim S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thanks Jennifer! We aren't shy to brag about our rockstar Front Desk team. I am glad that made you feel welcome right away.

We just installed our Diamond Member parking spaces as a thank you to our loyal Hilton Honors members, I hope you took advantage of them!

Plainfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I reserved this hotel based on feedback from tripadvisor. My wife had to go to Mayo and she put me in charge of the reservations. She told me the staff & breakfast were great. Everyone accommodating and supportive. She used the shuttle and after full days of testing, she was glad someone was able to drive her back to the hotel. The only thing she wished the hotel had in her room was a microwave because she didn't feel up to going out to eat and a cup of soup would have been nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate the review here on TripAdvisor, as it helps us reach out to guests like yourself who are looking for a clean, quality property to stay at during Mayo visits. I hope your wife felt right at home with us, as we all know that clinic visits can add stress to travel. If your wife is in Rochester again, please contact me and I'll make sure we get a microwave in her room, free of charge.

Thank you!
Louisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel was great and the breakfast outstanding. However, we were at the Mayo Clinic without a car. The hotel does provide a free shuttle on a half hour schedule to Mayo but does not offer a shuttle on the weekends. There is virtually nothing around, so it was important to us to have a 7 day a week service available. Our trip was also extended so we needed a kitchen. If I had a car, and didn't need a kitchen this is a great value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

My apologies for the transportation issue on the weekends, especially if you are without a vehicle. We do have a few very reasonable taxi companies in town, for the next time you stay with us, and we'd be happy to line any transportation up for you.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay despite the weekend hiccup. Thank you for the generous review!
Iron River, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel's location is great - near downtown, Mayo Clinic, shopping, eating. Nice staff and clean hotel. Beds very comfortable. Shuttle to Mayo Clinic runs every half hour if you need it too. I would definitely stay here again. Nice hot breakfast every morning too. Good internet service and also they have a computer to use in the lobby if you need too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay Nicole, and we appreciate the survey. I am happy to see you took advantage of the hot breakfast, complimentary business center, and Mayo Clinic shuttle. We try our best to provide a comfortable bed, friendly face, and hearty breakfast to our guests travelling to Rochester with medical needs.

Thanks for choosing us!

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester? Share your experiences!