“We've stayed here A LOT!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mayo Clinic Rate
Ranked #5 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Minnesota
“We've stayed here A LOT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My aunt lives a few blocks away.....her house fills up fast when all the relatives come to town, so we usually have 10-20 family members staying here. The staff is ALWAYS accommodating and the breakfast in the morning is good for a continental (waffles, eggs.....). Pool is adequate, business center gets the job done.....close to a lot of the main attractions....a 3-5 minute drive to most everything you could want! We have personally stayed here 4-5 times and other family members have been here more than 10 times....recommend..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

I have been at this location 4 times now in the past 3 years. The staff at this Hampton are wonderful. The rooms are always very clean. The other areas in the hotel are taken great care of as well; clean pool, laundry room, lounge area, work out room, and the business center as well are always kept very neat and tidy. The shuttle service that runs back and forth to the Mayo Clinic runbs every 1/2 hour from 6:30am-6:00pm, but they can make special arrangements if one needed a later pick up from the hospital. The Hampton is one of a handfull of hotels in the area that offer their own shuttle service to the Clinic. Most other properties use a city wide shuttle, which means they only run every hour, and they make stops at all the other hotels before getting you too and from the Clinic or St Marys Hospital.

The breakfast is as usual at Hampton properties pretty decent. This property also has a soup of the day offered free to guests during 6-7pm as well as some bagels or english muffins. There is round the clock coffee, and tea in the lobby.

If hungry, I recommend the short 100 yard walk over to Whiskey Creek from dinner. Great place to eat. Also the have a happy hour that offers 1/2 priced appetizers as well as drink specials. There are 2 sides to the building, one being bar type with lots of TV screens and booths and high top tables. The other side is your traditional diningroom, so this place is recommended for any type of group or family. Just about 1/2 mile in either direction of the hotel is plenty of shopping and other restaurants.

A great place to stay whether coming to town for the Mayo Clinic or something else. This Hampton is very consistent with its great service and cleanliness.

Only thing I would change is to get softer toilet paper....I usually bring Charmin or Cottonelle from home due to the cheap TP they use, but forgot to on this trip. =(

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn South while my wife was being treated at Mayo Hospital. It's an excellent hotel for many reasons. The rooms are clean and well-appointed (free wi-fi, small refrigerator) and the beds quite comfortable. The complimentary breakfasts go far beyond the Continental breakfasts offered at many hotels in the area, consisting of eggs, sausage, a variety of breads and rolls, and waffles. The eggs and sausage are prepared differently from day to day, so if you're staying there for an extended period, you won't become bored by the same fare every day. Tasty soup is served each evening, also complimentary. The staff, including the managers, are helpful and friendly; you get the idea that they're really glad you've chosen their establishment. Free shuttles run every half hour to and from the local hospitals and clinic. We're returning to Rochester next week and hope to stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Asheboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn South in Rochester, MN. It is not to be confused with Hampton Inn North. We were on a return trip to the Mayo Clinic the week before Christmas. The hotel offered Mayo Clinic rates, but AAA was a better deal for us this time. Upon making the reservation, they asked if we had any special requests. Due to the cold dry air, we requested a humidifier. When we checked in, the humidifier was waiting in our room. We used it during the night, but noticed the water level didn’t move and dropped it off at the front desk on our way out that morning. They said they’d have it checked. To make a long story short, it couldn’t be fixed. They looked on other floors for another humidifier and when none could be found, they went to the store and bought a new one for us to use during our stay. The hotel staff goes out of their way to make their guests comfortable. The rooms are clean and the beds comfy. They always have a delicious hot breakfast each morning and they serve hot soup and breads in the evenings Sun – Thursday. They have fresh fruit, hot tea, hot chocolate, and coffee available all the time in the lobby. They even have umbrellas for you to borrow on rainy days. I can’t say enough kind things about the hotel. They have gone out of their way several times to make our stay pleasant. I would recommend them for your stay in Rochester. The free shuttle service to the clinic is nice and the easy walking distance to a variety of restaurants is a plus.

Room Tip: We have only stayed on the second and third floors, both are fine. There is probably less foot nois...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011 via mobile

This is my first review I have posted but this hotel was so outstanding I felt compelled to post. At first I was a bit disappointed it wasn't within walking distance to Mayo but they have a free shuttle bus running every half an hour and it was an easy 10 min ride. The room was comfortable and clean. There was a pretty good breakfast each morning. The workers were all very friendly and helpful. I'm hoping I don't have to return to Mayo but if I do I'll be staying here.

• Stayed December 2011
Bloomington, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Wonderful people serving a hot breakfast. They have a shuttle to Mayo Clinic and free parking.
Very very nice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

I've made 3 trips to Mayo in the last 3 months. I've stayed at the Doubletree and this Hampton Inn. I thought that Doubletree would be my preference given the proximity to Mayo but I actually prefer the Hampton Inn plus it was $70-80 cheaper per night with the cost of parking factored in and included free continental breakfast. The beds were of average comfort...actually a little better than the Doubletree for a bad back. The staff is outstanding and responded quickly to requests for extra pillows and a floor lamp to read by the recliner.

I had two different rooms because I checked out after the first night and then checked back in for another day of testing at Mayo. The second room didn't have a floor lamp like the first had but the manager brought one up immediately with a new shade. Also the second room had an outlet in the base of the lamp adjacent to the bed which was great for my cpap machine. I would recommend that they upgrade all of the lamps to this type as I had to unplug a lamp to use my cpap in the room the first night. Both rooms were king bed rooms and actually adjacent to each other. I appreciated the refrigerator and flat panel TV with lots of HD channels. I've stayed in too many hotels with new flat panel TVs but old analog signals. I enjoyed the soup evening meal....plenty for me as they also put out bagels, bread and english muffins. Coffee always available. The shuttle runs every half hour and on time. This will be my choice of hotels for staying in Rochester in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester? Share your experiences!