“Wow, I am very pleased with this hotel and highly recommend it !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area

Special Offer
Mayo Patient Discount
Ranked #5 of 53 hotels in Rochester
Chicago, Illinois
“Wow, I am very pleased with this hotel and highly recommend it !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stay in hotels over 100 night a year. So, I know the difference between a good hotel vs. a great one. I was in the area for personal business, visiting family and work. This was an excellent choice for my stay !! The customer service was excellent from the time I checked in until I left. I had a long day and the warm chocolate chip cookie upon arrival was perfect !! The housekeeping staff was exceptional. Diane in hskp was the best. When finding out how much I enjoyed the cookies upon arrival, she made certain I had a good supply. Very simple customer service that goes a long, long way !! I will return for sure !! The room service food was to die for too. The restaurant is excellent too. I highly recommend this hotel and the restaurant !!

Room Tip: I was on the executive floor and it was very quiet. I would recommend a higher floor but think all r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Judy K: Thank you very much for your fantastic post and for staying with us! I will pass along your message to Diane. I am sure that will make her day! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

405 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had received an email to see if I needed anyting extra in my room when I arrrived prior to coming. I replied yes I would like extra towels and pillows. Once checking in at 10pm I needed to call down to front desk to receive these items. they had not been placed in my room. Very disappointed at this. Rest of time was great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest: Thank you for you post and for staying with us. I am very sorry that we did not have your requested items in your guestroom prior to arrival. This should have been done. I have copied your post to our Front Desk, Executive Housekeeper and General Manager to inform them of your experience. I do hope that should you return to Rochester you will stay with us again.
Hershey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I had a very nice stay at the DoubleTree in Rochester, MN. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the hotel met my needs. This was a great experience overall and I would stay there again in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Michael G: Thank you very much for staying with us and for your post. Our team is very glad to hear that we met and exceeded your expectations during your stay and that you will stay with us again should you return to Rochester. Thank you again for staying with us.
Bloomington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hotel was very nice and staff did an outstanding job. We normally stay at Hampton Inns, but preferred to be in the center of Rochester during this stay. As a Hilton Honors guest, the hospitality room was a nice feature, which I wish was replicated at the Hampton Inns.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear William R H: Thank you very much for staying with us and for posting your comments about your stay. I am glad to hear that you tend to utilize all Hilton properties. I am very happier to hear that you decided to try our DoubleTree by Hilton this time. Yes, our Executive Lounge is one of the highlights of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Scottsdale, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel provides, which has excellent service with nice rooms and friendly staff. Very modern hotel; renovated when it became a Doubletree. Excellent restaurant with great fresh fish! I would highly recommend it; I travel there often.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Lesley K: Thank you very much for your post and for staying with us so often. We appreciate you choosing our hotel while you are in Rochester and we look forward to continuing to have you stay with us. If there is ever anything that you would need to make your stay even better, please email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

A really great hotel attached by the subway system to the Mayo Clinic. Nice clean rooms with great beds and a superb restaurant (Pescara) in the lobby. A real gem. Anyone with business in Rochester should seriously consider the DoubleTree.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Merrick D: Thank you very much for the great review. We greatly appreciate you staying with us and that you will continue to stay with us and refer us to other friends and family. We look forward to your return should your travels bring you back to Rochester.
USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I should have written this sooner: I really liked this hotel. The staff were great, the rooms were clean, quiet and fresh, and the convenience to getting to Mayo were just perfect. And if the cookie upon arrival wasn't enough, the fact that they have a shuttle that will take you to the supermarket, and pick you up, for FREE, was a brilliant touch. I should always stay here. (Note to self)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear RomeHome: Thank you very much for posting your comments about the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and you utilized the complimentary Town Car service that we provide to our guests within the downtown area. We hope that you will return to the DoubleTree again if you should need to return to Rochester.
Deb Knox

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!