“Highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Charlotte
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Pretty picky... and not much to complain about here at all. Excellent stay, clean, comfortable beds, Starbucks on site, fitness room offers a bit more than usual - also very clean, pool area great... weird in the basement - but it works. We stayed to go to Mayo, the location was perfect for all the back in forth we had during the week. Down time offered easy access to excellent resturants, short drive to movies - even squeezed in some kayaking 5 minutes from the hotel. Will stay there upon return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Wendrawoman: Thank you very much for your post about our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you will return if you should come to Rochester again. If there is anything I can help with prior to your return, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com.
Deb Knox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Polish first
Sturgeon Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was my first stay at the Double Tree since it remodeled from the Radisson. It is a vast improvement! The Radisson had become run down. The Double Tree has done a nice job with the remodel and has quality furnishings in the room. The rate was steep for Rochester, in my opinion, but I was staying there for a wedding held on site, so I felt it was worth it to pay a little extra. I lived in Rochester many years ago, and I was shocked at how expensive it has become to park in downtown. It apparently costs $12/day to park in the public ramp attached to the hotel. (It would cost no more than $4 when I lived in Roch.) So, we paid $3 extra per day for valet parking. There were unlimited ins and outs, so it was worth it. The staff was very friendly. The beds were heavenly. I would stay here again, though I might be looking for a better rate next time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear vanclaners: Thank you very much for your post. I am glad that you got to come back to Rochester and also that you were able to experience the $11 million renovations that we did when we switched over to the DoubleTree by Hilton. Thank you again for staying with us and if there is anything that I can help you with for a future trip to Rochester, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
Scranton, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Great location for Mayo Clinic appointments. Friendliest staff!!! My mom and I go every 2-3 years but hadn't stayed here yet. We definitely will stay there next time! Can't wait to eat at Pescara again. Had breakfast, wine tasting and dinner there this trip. Will have to add lunch next time too!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Brittany J: Thank you very much for your post. It sounds like you enjoyed Pescara very much. I have passed along your comments to their staff. It will make their day. We would love to have you as a guest the next time you are in Rochester. If I can help you with a reservation, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
Southeast Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have to admit I did not know such a nice room existed at this property.

While having stayed here before, both as a Radisson and as the Doubletree in it's new incarnation, I have never had a bad room.

The lobby motif as the Doubletree is VERY nice, chic, and inviting. I liked the way they moved the front desk to the side of the lobby instead of having it dominate the entrance.

Now onto the nice suite. Room 1009 is awesome. It has a wood floor entrance (always a good sign), off of which was the bathroom (standard size). The Main room was huge, having a dining room table, a kitchenette, and a full sized couch. The king sized bed was in a smaller off area of the main room, but had the feel of a private area.

The room had 2 AC units in the wall, which cooled the room very nicely.

As for sounds from other guests, none. The room was dead quiet other than the quiet AC units. There were also 2 large screen TV's, one in the main room and one on the wall above the bed.

Check in and out was never an issue and the staff are courteous and efficient.

Kudo's to the property manager and architect for this hotel's lobby and room design!

The Executive lounge was very nice, and provided access to the 10th floor via a staircase. While I did not have much time to spend there, the breakfast was always delicious and the service prompt when needed.

Room Tip: A suite is the best to choose
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear VisitedNewPlaces: Thank you very much for your post about the DoubleTree, especially the lobby and Suites. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our renovated 1009, very similar to our 1024 and 1004. I have passed along your comments to our General Manager and Chief Engineer. if your travels bring you back to Rochester, we hope that you choose the DoubleTree by Hilton again. If you need anything, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I like this hotel for what it is- a place to stay while going through the Mayo appts. It's close, food was good, rooms clean and typical double tree. Sue on the executive floor was fabulous to me and everyone else. She went out of her way always, knew everyone and was very astute about who to ask about their day and who not to. She's a great find and should get paid by mayo too for helping the patients feel better for just that little bit! Warm cookies and milk:)

• Stayed August 2012
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear alexandfriends: Thank you very much for your post about the DoubleTree by Hilton. I think you have made Sue's day! I have sent your comments to Sue, her supervisor and our General Manager. She is a gem and we will keep her as long as she wants to stay with us!
Thank you again and we hope that when you return to Rochester, you will choose to stay with us and Sue again!
Wayzata
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

A wonderful place to stay with all the comforts of home; quiet, comfortable, clean and peaceful.
A great sky and subway system to get one where they need to go. Shopping is great along the way as well! Staff was most accommodating and gracious.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear 1964sjjohns: Thank you very much for posting your comments about our hotel. I am very glad to hear that we could make your stay very comfortable. We hope that when you need to return to Rochester, you will stay with us again.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

The Double Tree is a great stay while in Rochester. If you are working with the Mayo Clinic it is a very short walk either outside or through the indoor walkways.
The staff is exceptional from the front desk to maintenance with everyone offering hellos and smiles. My key did not want to operate the elevator so the staff member who was passing buy used his master key and accompanied me to my room to make sure that my pass key would work properly. The hostess in the Honor Lounge was very nice and went out of her way for every guest in the room.
My room was very nice with all the amenities that are expected my only complaint is the shower. The design of the door makes it impossible to start the shower without entering. Every time I turned on the shower head I got a dose of cold water right in the face. Maybe this could be an amenity? the refresh-o-shower?
That is a small price to pay for a great stay and I will return when doing business in Rochester.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear rszAtlanta_Ga: Thank you very much for writing such a great review about our hotel. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your great comments and then also brought your shower comment to the attention of our General Manager and our Chief Engineer. If you would ever need anything during your time with us, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com. We look forward to having you stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Rochester.
Deb Knox

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!