“Fantastic Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn Rochester

You added Clarion Inn Rochester to your Saves list
Clarion Inn Rochester
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1630 South Broadway, Rochester, MN 55904 (Formerly Holiday Inn Rochester South)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Fantastic Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The owner and staff of this hotel are great to work with and genuinely care. From the time we arrive to the time we left the service was great. Service and attitude is very important to my husband and I. We were very impressed with this hotel because of the great service. My guess would be that the managment treats their employees well as that generally seems to trickle down and the impression we had was that the employees here enjoy their jobs and care.

• Stayed May 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
LaCrosse, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel in the past when it was a Holiday Inn. I always enjoy my stay here as the staff is very polite and helpfull. This is one hotel that I know I am not leaving after a long day of work as they always have good food and the bar almost always has some form of entertainment. The newly renovated rooms put the icing on the cake!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

We've stayed numerous times at this hotel. Our family--married couple no children, in-laws-- stays whenever we visit Rochester. We come for the wonderful health care offered at Mayo Clinic. The staff at this hotel treat us very well, the restaurant serves great food, and the waitresses and cooks are pleasant and accommodating. The hotel van and drivers keep to a timely schedule, and the drivers are also helpful and willing to accommodate you. It's very comfortable. We consider this our "home away from home" in Rochester and expect that this same great service and wonderful staff will continue as the hotel changes to Clarion.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Manitoba
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2009

We were staying at the hotel for a wedding. On Friday night when we arrived back from visiting with friends, at approx 1 a.m., there was a huge bar fight which spilled out into the parking lot. The security guards were making the situation worse rather than diffusing it and, they did not call the police (the front desk or security) until it was all over. I was scared and when I approached the front desk the next day about it, I was treated like "well ok for letting us know". They even admitted that they did not know why the employees did not call the police.

The hotel was run down with furniture that had large chips, a loud heating/cooling system and was just a poor deal over all. We only stayed due to our friends wedding and will not return. I sent a note to the hotel's mgmt directly plus Holiday Inn and have yet (2 months later) to hear from the hotel about my concerns.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
GabrielaSwa, General Manager at Clarion Inn Rochester, responded to this review, May 22, 2010
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Rochester, MN. We listen to our guests and thank you for your comments. It gives us an opportunity to improve our product, which is exactly what we've done. We are currently completing a $1.2 million guestroom remodel for our name change from Holiday Inn to Clarion Inn, the mid-scale/full-service brand in the Choice Hotels franchise. This includes all new furniture in every guestroom as well as new beds, bedding, and granite bathroom vanities. With this name change in January 2010 I also came on board as General Manager and apologize that in the past you were not contacted after your feedback.

I also want to apologize that the security guards didn’t effectively do their job to ensure comfortable surroundings for you and your family. Be assured this issue has been addressed and we hope you return on your next visit to Rochester.

Ashley Anderson
Minneapolis, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2009

Not impressed! My smoke free room stinks, the hallways are very dirty, some of the tv channels have a black box over the picture, the internet is very slow. If coming to the Rochester area check out the Comfort Suites. It's a brand new hotel that is clean and offers a good continental breakfast.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2009

My husband and I came to Rochester for a friend's wedding. The reception was at this hotel where we also booked a room. The "reception" area was in the wide open next to the pool. Strangers were in and out of the "reception" area throughout the night. The pool area was small and very dirty. The rooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a week. The staff wasn't very polite. Overall just not a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
rochester MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

I live right behind the Holiday Inn and stay there once in awhile with kids. I am pretty sure they gave me AAA discount so the price is good.The pool I think is very nice. The restaurant is also good and the bar is fun. They have a new outdoor bar that is neat with firepits. Lots of people in Rochester have weddings there and other big parties so I don't get all the bad reviews. Also its NOT a scary neighborhood. Just because we arent rich and are content to live in small houses doesnt mean we are SCARY. Almost all my neighbors are young families or older people. It's a very quiet neighborhood and relatively crime free. Nothing has ever happened with my house or car in ten years.

• Liked — the pool and the bar
  • Disliked — people that dont watch their kids in the pool area
  • Stayed May 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Clarion Inn Rochester? Share your experiences!