“One Word - OLD! Not worth your money.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #37 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“One Word - OLD! Not worth your money.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I've stayed here twice to guide my parents through appointments at the Mayo Clinic. Only two blocks from the main entrance to the clinic and right across the street from the Methodist hospital, I thought it was definetely a good value. I was WRONG, when walking in you can tell its very run down and is in need of updates. The building reminds me of an old school house, with a raised floor for the bathrooms - stuck in the 1950's. We had a 2 room - 2 queen room, it was VERY odd. The amentities and furniture was surprisingly decent. Thank goodness for a window air conditioner, or it would have been a very HOT night, it had radiators in every room if that tells you anything. If I recall, they charge you a minimal fee for nightly parking. You get a discount at the restaurant next door, but it left a lot to be desired. The staff wasn't helpful at all, being literally right next to the Mayo campus, you would assume they would be familiar with the layout, that's a negative. I felt like I was putting the staff out to ask them where a building was, not to mention they had NO idea. Overall, with some updates it could be charming - as is, not so much!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

I visited my sister while she stayed here. This place is so cool!! It is really old fashioned and quaint. There are really nice, old architechtural features. It was quiet. I was told the beds were comfortable. Pretty old tile and tub in the bathroom. Very convenient location. Tall ceilings and plaster walls with no cracks! I will definitely stay here some time.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

The Days Inn Rochester- Downtown was the worst hotel I have ever been in. The lobby has an odor and it has a dirty feel to it. Although the building is old, the walls are very thin and the area is loud at night. We were at the hospital most of the day, when we returned to our room at 7pm at night, our room was a mess. There were towels thrown on the floor, one of the beds was moved, and the bed was not made. When I complained to the front lobby, the lady stated that she did not know what happen, but thought the mess could be the result of the building being haunted?!! This place is unsafe!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

My room was unbelievable and I don't mean for the better either. It was not at all like any of the pictures that I saw on the computer. It was the size of a closet, it smelled like a damp musty basement, the air conditioner leaked water all over the window sill, the window shades didn't work and the smoke alarms were so sensitive that when I showered they went off. I would advise anyone who is thinking about staying here to think twice. Go and check it out in person before deciding to stay here. I would suggest that you pay a few dollars extra and stay elsewhere in the area. I know I will next time. My opinion was shared with both the manager of this establishment as well as the co-operate office. The only thing I received was a written apology saying they were sorry my stay was not a plesant one. Stop and think before staying here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Northeast Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Was is Rochester for 2 nights. An older, very solid building, no noise between rooms or floors. Bed was comfortable, window A/C worked. This hotel was pleasantly low tech, with free access to stairwells, no sensors on main or stair doors. Easy to manage a Sabbath stay, and very close to Mayo Building. A solid value.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Casper, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Rochester so I could see doctors at the Mayo Clinic. According to the pictures the Days Inn had it was totally brand new, just the outside was the original from the twenties era. The lobby was updated we were welcomed very nicely. We got to our room and the room still has all the original everything except the lights in the bathroom. It was too small for two people to turn around in. But it was a comfortable stay for one night only, specially when your tired. I don't have anything against rustic places but this one was not for us..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

I won this hotel on Priceline on September 28th, 2009. The elevator, hallway and room had stains and did not feel clean. There was also a window a/c unit that the wind was howling through, into the room. As I tried to decide if I wanted to stay the night, I looked for a way to turn up the heat. I called the front desk and they said to turn the knobs on the boiler. I did this and nothing happened, even after waiting about ten/twenty minutes. I called the front desk again and they said they could bring me a space heater but that was it. I know that a lot of fire and deaths are caused each year by space heaters so that was the last straw. I called Priceline and told them that I had no heat in my room. They called the hotel to ask if I could check out and they refused. I checked out without staying there even one night, and I am from a working class background with very reasonable standards. I am appalled by the lack of customer service I received and will be contacting Days Inn Corporate.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Rochester-Downtown? Share your experiences!