“cozy & clean” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 55 Hotels in Rochester
Rochester
“cozy & clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I booked a couple days before our event. There was very few rooms available in the intire town, with 3 :major events going on. My choices were limited to 3 hotels, and 3 rooms at each. I have to say, it was nice of the janitor to clean out the closet, so we had a room. That was the smallest roomm I have ever seen. It was neat and clean inside as was the lobby. We didn't spend anytime at the hotel, just arrived after 9pm , left by 7am. Good night sleep, quiet level. Great spot it you are planning to be downtown, in the mist of it all. I can't complain about anything, as I didn't plan ahead and get a room 3 months ago.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Marshfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Reserved rooms on line for visit to Mayo. Looked at pictures on web site of "Supposed" rooms. NOT!! Rooms were not as shown. Very tiny with even smaller bathrooms. When I spoke to the manager, Sharon, she said I should have called the motel to find out what the rooms were really like. She said they had some bigger rooms but they were more expensive than the web site shows. Not impressed. Very old building with loud doors and dated elevator. No air conditioning. Restaurant off first floor was good. Clean and reasonably priced. Location benefit not worth the experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I knew it was creepy, but I didn't think it was haunted, until something kept whispering my name at night!!!!! The rooms were over 100 degrees at night and I'd wake up every single night I stayed there around 3am. That means your body feels something stairing at you. Also, I used the elevator once and it scared me so bad that I used the stairs the rest of my stay, the elevator was slow, so small and creeked so bad. It made me sooo dizzy and high anxiety. So I'd take the stairs and I was on the 5th floor..... But on the stairs I always was looking behind me and I felt like something was watching me or I felt like i was going to be pushed down them! And at night, the stairs are dark!!!!! They barely have any lights and that's very scary! This place is no doubt haunted and you can just tell when you go anywhere in that building besides the lobby area. Has anyone used the bathroom in the basement? Don't.

• Stayed April 2014
Mankato, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was traveling to Rochester from two hours away to work a weekend of twelve hour overnight shifts. When I called to make the reservation I was told that it would not be a problem checking in early, around 9am, on March 22. When I called the next day I was told that I could MAYBE check in at 2pm. This was not acceptable considering I had just worked twelve hours and was going to be doing the same that night. I begged the lady I spoke with on the phone for any room that was available and she was very unfriendly and told me I would have to wait til the afternoon. I was very unhappy with the service I received and have not recommended the Days Inn to my coworkers that are traveling as well. Also, I was told there was no continental breakfast when the website clearly stated that there was. I was also unable to connect to wifi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Grand Forks, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

I wish I could post photos. The bathroom was covered in mold and mildew. The rooms were very small and had the stench of body odor. Ground plugs were cut off extension cords being used for the coffee pot and hair dryer. The elevator sounded like it was ready to collapse. Paint was peeling everywhere!

The rooms were so small you could not open the drawers because the bed blocked them!

I wasn't expecting a lot for $90 per night but this was just horrible.

The staff didn't really seem to care when I showed them the photos. Obviously they knew how bad it was and I'm sure they knew management doesn't care enough to invest in the property.

• Stayed March 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel is old. The rooms are small and very outdated. However, it is clean and the location can not be beat. The price is almost 50% less than others in the same area. It also has a great breakfast place attached (not included). I recommend this hotel if price is your deciding factor.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Rochester-Downtown? Share your experiences!