“Super Good Time!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Super Good Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

We recently stayed at the Kahler Inn & Suites in Rochester, MN and have done so many times in the past throughout the years. The hotel is clean, staff very friendly and courteous, plus all the extras from having a pool, hot-tub, a great breakfast to start out every morning, and the convenience of a great location in downtown, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Iowa City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I have stayed at Kahler Inn and Suites in Rochester, Minnesota several times. I go to Rochester for medical trips to the Mayo Clinic. The Kahler Inn is across the street from the Clinic which is very helpful for those who have limited mobility. The staff is delightful and the hotel is accessible. I have become very good friends with persons at the hotel. The hotel is clean and I am very comfortable everytime I arrive and stay for as long as a week or a couple of days.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2010

The least friendlest and least helpful person on staff was the person on the phone handling the reservation process; however, once I arrived as a guest and throughout my stay, any staff I interacted with were extremely friendly and helpful even when checking out. In the room, I experienced extremely clean rooms (a friend of ours stayed down the hall), beautiful linens & bed covers, beds were comfortable, ice machine worked on our floor. My husband & I stayed in a mini-suite, fully loaded (cupboards, couch, side chair, coffee table, business table, sink, fridge, microwave). I like the location of the Kahler Inn & Suites the most, right downtown. I wasn't crazy about the price at $79 per night without tax for a Saturday night stay. I thought I could probably get a better price on the weekend. But all said, if returning, i'd stay at the Kahler again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

Appreciate arranging the use of the wheelchair for my wife during her Mayo clinic visit. Your staff were great at helping me get luggage cart and wheelchair on our arrival. Having the convenience of the subway system was great.

We also were able to get dinner from the on site restaraunt, and they were able to call our room when it was ready. That is an excellent service, good food at a reasonable price.

Would prefer a mini-suite, but I think they were all booked. The king size handicap accessible room was very adequate for our needs, but with the oxygen equipment we travel with, a little more room helps.

Not sure of her name, but the woman who helped me get the luggage cart and wheelchair when we checked in on Sunday night was great.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

The Kahler is adjacent to the famous Mayo Clinic . That in itself makes it easy to navigate your clinic appts. The housekeeping and front desk staff have a terrific sense of the fear many patients who stay there have about their clinic appts. They try very hard to meet everyone's specific requests. For those of us who are "germaphobes", housekeeping is very good at having the rooms clean and fresh.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

This place is riding the coattails of the Kahler Grand... do not be fooled. I came in for a stay at the Mayo Clinic (been before and previously stayed across from St. Mary's) and wanted to try the "convenience of being right across the street... My first room smelled of musty, dank mold - I was shocked at the condition of the rooms given the amount of people that have got to be travelling there for health care with the Mayo Clinic! Well, the first room had no Air Conditioning whatsoever. On to the second room. Again no A/C and about the same level of cleanliness (or lack there of) - so try a THIRD room... this one had dust built up everywhere and no functioning TV - at all - no channels, and still no A/C !! There had been several screaming children running up and down two seperate floors as I was trying to get different rooms and this was beyond just hyper kids these were out of control and anyone who was sick, needing to get up early the next day - good luck getting any rest. At this point on room number 3 and screaming children etc seeing the state of the place I opted to ask for a full refund on my pre-paid deposit and called the previous hotel I had stayed in across from St. Marys and have nothing but the best to experiences with them (they have breakfast buffet also, they have a patient shuttle to Mayo, if you want to catch it more frequently than you can pick up Mayo shuttle at St. Marys which runs directly b/w St. Marys and Gonda with no stops in between...) !! Avoid this place at all costs... there was no plus to the place that I could ascertain and I have made several trips to Mayo... I will not ever go back. About the only positive thing I can say is that they were indeed nice enough to refund my deposit fully since I hadn't stayed - I was told that you must request this though within the first 24 hours of your stay (I would assume probably ideally before you even used the room... but I was told <24 hours and they will refund what you paid with no penalties etc.)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

I stumbled upon the Kahler Inn and Suites through the website of the"Go Rochester Shuttle" website.

I was fortunate to learn of the hotel. From the moment I walked through the front door, the service was excellent. The hotel provided a warm, comfortable atmosphere. I was given the Mayo Clinic room-rate. I expected a very basic room that I could survive for my week at the clinic. When I entered my room I was VERY surprised and pleased. I travel a lot and have stayed in thousands of hotel rooms across the country. The room and its furnishings rivaled those of a room that I normally pay twice the room rate. The immediate availability of a coffe shop, sub shop, and a full resturarnt, without having to exit the hote was a major asset, especially with the snow and very low temps outside.

I was in Rochester for tests at the Mayo Clinic. I was concerned about the transit to/from the clinic from my hotel. This was a non-event.

The major, and I repeat major, benefit of the hotel is its convienent and immediate access to the pedestrian subway that connects the Mayo Clinic and numerous downtown stores and restaurants without having to go out into the weather. I merely took the elevator down to the subway level, walked through a double door and within 200 ft I was in the subway. It was a short 3 minute walk and I was in the heart of the Mayo Clinic.

I have complemented the hotel to my friends and I will definitely stay there in future visits to the Rochester area. I am a TOTALLY satisfied customer.

I also recommend the use of the 'Go Rochester Shuttle'. The courteous drivers, clean and, comfortable vans, excellent schedules to and from the Minneapolis airport to Rochester make it an excellent choice. No hassle and rapid transit door to door.
Ken

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Been to Kahler Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!