“Serivce Service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Rochester
Birmingham, Michigan
“Serivce Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The staff that work at this hotel really make this place great. The little extra this hotel offers, like free laundry machines to use, make it nice too. My room was clean but could be cleaner. I do not like coming into a room after the last guest and still seeing long hair on the bathroom floor. But again all the other things and the service. I can overlook a few hairs. Nothing a towel couldn't take care of. Jamie and Hanna at the counter are great. So was everyone else but I didnt get their names. I hope ypu enjoy your stay as much as I did. Eat at the resturants in this place. Free Starbucks in the morning by the front door.

Room Tip: The fifth or forth floor with a view of the city.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kjerstin K, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Rochester, MN. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us provide our guests with the best customer service possible. Our team of associates will be thrilled to hear your positive remarks! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of the many amenities we offer our guests. Thank you again for the kind review and we hope to see you again!

seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband recently had surgery at St.Mary's Hospital in Rochester, MN. We chose Courtyard by Marriott for it's close proximity to the hospital. St. Mary's is directly across the street. We stayed in Room 500 a one bedroom suite with a king bed. There is a closet in the bedroom along with a dresser. A chair is also provided in the bedroom. The room was very spacious and located on the backside of the building facing North. Very quiet location. The room was very clean and was kept that way for the whole week. I ate at the restaurant 3 times while my husband was in the hospital. I found the staff to be very pleasant in the restaurant and at the Bistro. The Bistro is great for picking up breakfast items to eat there or take with you to the hospital. There is free coffee/tea in the lobby and an assortment of newspapers. The front desk staff was equally pleasant and helpful. Saying hello each time I left and returned. We will be returning here for lodging/meals for any future surgery.

Room Tip: Room 500 (a corner suite) on the north side was quiet facing the parking lot. I never heard any cars...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your observations. I am very proud of my staff and will share with them your kind comments
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had a 3 night stay at this hotel. The entire staff was amazingly friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and comfortable.I spent hours at the Mayo Clinic with a family member, and the lounge was a great place to relax at the end of a very stressful day. Our room was stylish and quiet, beds were comfortable, laundry room was immaculate. I cannot say enough about the accomidations. I highly recommend the Courtyard for anyone, especially those needing to go back and forth to the Mayo Clinic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you, for the comments regarding your stay. I appreciate the feedback and will share them with my staff.
Montreal QC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

While in Rochester for treatment at the Mayo Clinic, and after spending four nights in a hotel that was depressing, we moved to the Courtyard. Everything was immaculate, the desk staff was friendly and helpful, and we were thrilled with our stay. Wish we had been there from the beginning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I am glad that we were able o make your stay enjoyable. We appreciate the kind comments and look forward to being of service to you in the future
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The room was quite large and well decorated. The lounge was comfortable and had a nice menu. The elevators were really slow but that didn't impact my stay. Very convenient access to the highway. In summary, the Courtyard was nice enough, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank NorCalDaddy
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent stay. We appreciate the kind comments and look forward to being of service to you in the future.
West Hollywood, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My father was across the street at St. Mary's Hospital and my mother is confined to a wheel chair. That said the location of this hotel was perfect. The restaurants, front desk, cleaning, everything was fine....except the king bed in my room.

After the first night I asked the staff to turn the mattress and I don't know if they did or not. After the fourth night I turned the mattress myself but to no avail. It was simply an old, cheap, worn out mattress that needed to be replaced. The fact that management knew about it and did nothing is why this hotel rates a zero from me. We had adjoining rooms (mother in wheel chair handicap room) and to change rooms would have been difficult.

Solutions: since the hotel was not sold out they could have offered a new room (they didn't) or offered to bring in a different mattress (they didn't). So for ten nights I slept on the bed from hell. When that happens it doesn't really matter what anyone at the rest of the hotel did because you wake up with a sore back and as such, are grumpy each and every day.

Stay at the Holiday Inn a block down the street towards the freeway (Highway 52) it is brand new and has been open only a month. Rates include breakfast there.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else lest you get a bed from hell.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank David B
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences due to the bed in your room. I am disappointed to hear that we didn't correct the situation to your satisfaction during your stay.
I will be checking the bed in this room and making the appropriate changes. But more importantly, I will follow up with our team of asociates to make sure we do a better job of communicating our efforts and offering solutions to our guests. Thank you for sharing your constructive comments. We'll take them to heart and improve as a results.
Northern Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for the convenience of an early-morning surgery at St. Mary's. Arriving Sunday afternoon, we asked for and were given a quiet room on the top floor. Check-in at the attractive, spacious desk area went fast; all staff were helpful and friendly. Parking in late June was easy and convenient; $4 per day is the same rate Mayo charges with a 10-day pass and is nominal for the convenience. The hotel has been nicely updated throughout and decorated in a modern style. The room was quite nice, very good size, with a nice granite countertop for the microwave/micro-fridge and coffeemaker area; no plastic glasses here. Our room on the east side was nice and quiet. TV was fine, as was the dresser and 1 large closet with another smaller one--lots of hangers, always a plus. Bathroom was large enough and everything looked clean. The restaurant downstairs seemed fine and provided an attractive, if a bit modern/stark, and bright gathering area on the ground floor. Housekeeping requests were honored, and they were able to give me a couple of extra hours to check out. DIdn't have time for the pool etc. For a 5:45 AM appointment just across the street at the hospital, this location was great. Several other restaurants and cafes are within a block or two, as well as a flower and gift shop. Felt like a safe neighborhood and was within a 15-minutes walk to a full grocery store and the great People's Food Coop for those who appreciate local, fresh and organic. Would definitely like to stay here again. Yes, the elevators are not the fastest, but completely adequate. We've also stayed at the newly remodeled Holiday Inn downtown, which is not as attractive or spacious in the common areas or in the guest rooms as the Courtyard, though it is nice as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for telling us about your experiance at our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you took time to share these comments. I will review them with my staff as a reminder of what "outrageous guest service" means. Again, thank you for letting us serve yo.