“Very good for St. Mary's Hospital or Mayo Clinic” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern Minnesota
“Very good for St. Mary's Hospital or Mayo Clinic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for the convenience of an early-morning surgery at St. Mary's. Arriving Sunday afternoon, we asked for and were given a quiet room on the top floor. Check-in at the attractive, spacious desk area went fast; all staff were helpful and friendly. Parking in late June was easy and convenient; $4 per day is the same rate Mayo charges with a 10-day pass and is nominal for the convenience. The hotel has been nicely updated throughout and decorated in a modern style. The room was quite nice, very good size, with a nice granite countertop for the microwave/micro-fridge and coffeemaker area; no plastic glasses here. Our room on the east side was nice and quiet. TV was fine, as was the dresser and 1 large closet with another smaller one--lots of hangers, always a plus. Bathroom was large enough and everything looked clean. The restaurant downstairs seemed fine and provided an attractive, if a bit modern/stark, and bright gathering area on the ground floor. Housekeeping requests were honored, and they were able to give me a couple of extra hours to check out. DIdn't have time for the pool etc. For a 5:45 AM appointment just across the street at the hospital, this location was great. Several other restaurants and cafes are within a block or two, as well as a flower and gift shop. Felt like a safe neighborhood and was within a 15-minutes walk to a full grocery store and the great People's Food Coop for those who appreciate local, fresh and organic. Would definitely like to stay here again. Yes, the elevators are not the fastest, but completely adequate. We've also stayed at the newly remodeled Holiday Inn downtown, which is not as attractive or spacious in the common areas or in the guest rooms as the Courtyard, though it is nice as well.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you so much for telling us about your experiance at our hotel. We are extremely pleased that you took time to share these comments. I will review them with my staff as a reminder of what "outrageous guest service" means. Again, thank you for letting us serve yo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Hallandale Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel six times in the past three years, the last time in May, 2012, always when being seen on at the Mayo Clinic as a patient. The rooms are very modern and well appointed with very comfortable beds. The rooms are ultra clean. The bathrooms are a good size though the toilets could use some plumbing updates as a number of times I have been a guest where the toilet runs. The furniture and carpets are very clean. The front desk staff is extremely helpful and nice. There is free and ready access to computers in the lobby as well as Wi-Fi in the guest rooms. Unfortunately there are no in-room safes but there are safety deposit boxes at the desk. The hotel is directly across the street from the St. Mary's Hospital where many pateints are seen as in-patients and as out-patients and there is a very convenient small bus that runs frequently from the hotel to the Gonda main building of the Clinic which is about three quarters of a mile away. Suggest, hwoever, that you choose a room that does not face the mainstreet (2nd Ave.) as that side of the hotel can be a little noisy from vehicular traffic. Overall itis a fantastic Courtyard Hotel that is very well run. By the way, very good daily rates if you have a stay of a week.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your continued patronage. Your comments are appreciated and will be shared with our team to allow us to continue to improve our services based on your feedback. Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

There's much that is positive. Rooms are updated and comfortable. Staff friendly. Balcony room was nice for fresh air and relaxing. Restaurant food was good (not amazing) and the service was excellent. Hot tub is actually HOT and pool refreshing. Exercise room adequate although they were missing a few free weights. Elevator is s-l-o-w and the stairs only lead outdoors so they're not an option. That said, I liked that the 2nd floor is just parking and that I could go directly from my room on the fourth floor to my car on the second. There's a Caribou coffee a block away which is one of my favorites for coffee and a back street takes you there in seconds. The hotel is a short drive to Mayo Clinic and you can get there on that same back street without having to stop at lights. I thought this place was a great value for the money. Just wish they could ramp up that elevator!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your observations with us. It is from your feedback that we can enhance our guest's experiance and learn where our opportunities are. We will ensure any missing weights are replaced promptly in our fitness room. We will also share the positive comments you had of our property with our team. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and for staying with us.
Mankato, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Check in was friendly and quick. The food in the Bistro was delicious and it was well presented not just thrown on my plate. I really enjoyed our lunch from the expanded menu I had Chicken Penne pasta but my colleague had the steak sandwich which looked and smelled amazing. Walking distance to St. Mary hospital and I can guarantee I will stay here again! Bill, Dawn and the entire front desk -Thank you

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
I want to thank you for the kind words. I will be sharing your comments with all my staff. The Bistro, an enhance Courtyard food ooption compliments our full service restaurant, Saints on 2nd. We look forward to your next visit to our property.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed here for business and not because of the Mayo clinic. If you are so unfortunate that you or a loved one need to go there, this hotel is just opposite the hospital, so it has an excellent location.
The rooms are nice and I liked the balcony and the possibility to get some fresh air into the room. My coworker and I got upgrades and I had a whirlpool in the room (which I though did not have time to try) and my coworker got a nice suite. We had some perishable samples, which they stored for us. Good service.There is possibility to buy some coffee and a light breakfast in the lobby.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for taking time to share with us your experiance at our hotel. I'am glad we were able toupgrade the accomodations and provide good service. Your feedback is a valuable tool for us ensuring we provide a positive guest experiance.
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

If you or a loved one are unfortunate enough to land in St Mary's Hospital this is a nice place to stay. Clean rooms, friendly staff. There are a number of decent restaurants within walking distance and the hospital is right across the street.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the street side.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardRochester, General Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
I want to thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is from feedback like yours that we use to improve our guest experiance.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My family and I had to visit the Mayo Clinic in Rochester so we needed a hotel close to St. Mary's and the Mayo Clinic at a reasonable price.
Well, we had an amazing experience. The housekeeping was very flexible given we were in the room during the day a lot. The rooms were very clean. The in room internet worked like a charm; there were hard wires as well as wireless. All of the room amenities worked wonderfully for our family, especially the fridge and small pantry space by it. The restaurant food was good, the servers Linda, and a tall, young, dark headed fellow, were extremely friendly-answering questions, expressing concern over our circumstances, all while bringing out good food. "Hotel Food" is often a bit bland, catering to a common denominator. The food here was robust, flavorful, and well portioned. I personally recommend the bread pudding for dessert. The front desk staff was clearly used to providing directions and answering local questions, all with a smile. I had some complicated billing needs which they handily dealt with. I was away from work a whole week so I used the business area quite a few times. it was easy to use, clean, and well organized. Plenty of computers. Oh, they were free. They have plenty of covered parking for a nominal fee (I think it was $4/night). The cherry on the cake was my final service need. We ended up leaving at the last minute to go see relatives in Minneapolis. In my hurry, I left some nice sweaters and an expensive leather coat in the room. I didn't realize it until I was in Minneapolis, 1 1/2 hour away. Housekeeping found the clothing and worked with the Front Desk staff to have it boxed up and waiting for the courier service I employed to get it to me in Minneapolis. I can't, unfortunately, remember the names of the front desk staff, but they were great.
Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely. I stayed at a 4 diamond hotel following our visit at the Courtyard Rochester and though the service was equal to the Courtyard, the amenities, atmosphere, and ease of use was below the Courtyard. Bill, the GM, runs a great ship. The value is immense.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dawnmv, Manager at Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott. The service that you received from all of our departments is what we aim for each day, for every single guest. Your compliments will be shared with our entire staff.

Our recently renovated restaurant “Saints on 2nd” is a great asset to our hotel and our Chef proudly serves a variety of homemade menu items that you wouldn’t typically find at a hotel restaurant. We are happy that our food and servers exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back and appreciate your business.

Been to Courtyard Rochester Mayo Clinic Area/Saint Marys? Share your experiences!