“A native find” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
OMAHA
“A native find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My sister in law selected this place for dinner for the family members after a memorial service. The group room at Victoria was fine until it was completely full by the time our group finished. Then, it was horrid. It was so loud and crowded. Fortunately, we had an early reservation or this would have been uncomfortable. Yes, it was a large room, but not large enough to accomodate 60+ people in one room left little room to pass through the aisle to go to the bathroom.

The wait staff was great and very attentive, until the other tables came in, then it was difficult to get attention, but the staff worked hard to please.

The food was good, but most all the dishes sounded much the same in the menu description. The chicken in my dish was tough and chewy, so much for the meat in my dish.

Honestly, I like the food from the Olive Garden better.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Sandy
“Mayo Clinic visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had lunch at Victorias Rstorante and his has a nice atmosphere and server was great. Offered some suggestions and food was enjoyed by all the family. Would return again next time I am in Rochester.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frisco, TX
“Must Have Been an Off Day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

After reading wonderful reviews we tried Victoria's and were quite disappointed. It was one pm and didn't seem that busy but it was at least ten minutes before the server came to get our drink order. We also ordered mozzarella sticks at that point as an appetizer. The bread, oil and cheese on the table were wonderful but turned out to be the highlight. It took 20 minutes for the sticks and they arrived cold. It took several more minutes to get our server's attention to ask to have them warmed up. Another ten minutes or so went by and I figured she had just forgotten. Then they arrived with our entrees and still weren't all that hot.

I ordered spaghetti and meat sauce and my husband ordered ravioli. The spaghetti was wet and room temp to cold in places. The ravioli was just average.

From the reviews, maybe it was just an off day.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“One of the Best Italian Restaurants and they have Gluten Free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We were just in Rochester at the Mayo Clinic and wanted a good dinner near the Clinic. Victoria's' was within walking distance. We went there one evening and were well rewarded. When I go to an Italian restaurant I always try the fried calamari because it is one of the hardest dishes to make. If the calamari is not perfectly fresh it will taste fishy and if it's cooked even a few seconds too long it will turn rubbery. Victoria's' was perfect. I then had the pizza which was also excellent The crust was just chewy enough with a nice flavor The sauce was fresh, had a nice tomato flavor and wasn't spread on too thickly. My companion was looking for a gluten free meal and ordered the gluten free Chicken Marsala. It was everything you would want even if you weren't looking for gluten free. I highly recommend Victoria's'. My only caveat is that it is a little pricy for a mid week meal, but the food is well worth it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Awesome Food!!!...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I visited Victoria's couple of times during my stay in Rochester. The food here is awesome. One of the best Italian food I have had till now. The staffs here were very helpful and they helped us to choose from various options. The location was good and the ambiance was quite nice!!!...

• Visited November 2012