“Perfect for a visit to the Mayo” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Rochester
Vancouver, Canada
“Perfect for a visit to the Mayo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My mom and I stayed in a two bedroom suite while she was receiving treatment. It was so close to the Mayo - only about 2 blocks and very handy as I could push the wheelchair either above or below ground, straight from the hotel. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. THey go out of their way to do their best for you. The breakfast is included and has pretty well everything one might want, including fruit, which was difficult to find anywhere else. The bedrooms were large, each had a TV and were separated by the living/dining/kitchen area - very convenient. It was pretty dated, as we were aware from the reviews, but very clean when we arrived. The only slight downside was that the room was not particularly well cleaned daily. I'm sure it would have been if we'd asked, however I really didn't fell like asking. The laundry room was convenient and large enough, there was an exercise room with three cardio machines, free weights and some mats, and they sold some snacks at the front desk. All in all, for the price it was the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RSTRI, General Manager at Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments ! Our staff all take a lot of pride in making sure that you feel like home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Naples, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom suite rather than a studio, and the accommodations were very comfortable. We are here for 5 nights and know this will meet all of our needs. I went to the gym in the morning. No one was there. The equipment is not top of the line, but certainly adequate and allows you to keep up with your normal exercise routine (if you have one...).
The hotel is conveniently located to Mayo, and is attached to the clinic through underground walkways. The weather here is beautiful right now, so we walked outside and it is only a two block walk to the clinic. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance to the hotel, so you do not need a car. If you plan to come here in the colder months, the underground system will be perfect. You can also access many of the local restaurants through the tunnel. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review, the staff takes pride in providing a great product for you our guest.
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed in room 401 on a recent trip to the Mayo Clinic. It really is like a furnished one bedroom apartment. There's a living area, a kitchen area, and a separate bedroom (with a door, for privacy if desired). The bedroom has a flat panel TV. The living area has a larger flat panel TV. The kitchen is stocked with pots and pans, utensils, dishes, etc. There's a small table for dining and then a business desk and chair. The living area has a couch that was comfortable. The bathroom and shower were adequate, but not large. The sink is in the bedroom area (not inside the bathroom). My only complaint was the bedding -- there was a sheet or a very hot comforter -- no in between. But when I looked in the closet there was a lighter weight blanket, so used that and was just fine. Would gladly stay here again, as it's only a couple of blocks from the Gonda Building. We ate at the Center Street Cafe, which is only a block away. Good pies and desserts.

Room Tip: We stayed in 401 and enjoyed it very much
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for a visit to the Mayo Clinic. Did first night at the Springhill Suites down the street before we moved here (glad we did).

The hotel is right next door and is connected to the mayo Clinic by underground subway (walking path) or a few minute walk down the street.

Friendly staff and overall a nice typical Residence Inn property. Only major downfall was the $10/day for parking which is still cheaper than at the mayo clinic.

Free wifi and breakfast included... also social hour during the week which is an added bonus as they serve a light meal.

Would recommend for people who stay at Marriott properties over others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed here 4 times while visiting the Mayo Clinic. Excellent service and nice rooms. Weekdays at 6pm they have finger foods, hot dogs, fruit, etc. which saves you from spending to eat out if you want to. The hotel is on the Subway route to the Mayo Building and is only a short 1 1/2 blocks. I can't believe anyone would pay what they do to stay at the other hotels when this one is extremely nice and convenient.

Room Tip: Room location doesn't matter. They do have a Studio Room that is wide open for those in a wheel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

When arriving to Rochester, we were only expected to be therefor 2 days. Unexpected illness occurred and we were there for 10 days. The staff at the hotel is excellent, they made sure everything was perfect during our stay. They have breakfast every morning and also depending on there social calendar for the week, the may offer a treat during dinner time. :) For example, one night they had cookies and milk and a different night they had salad and soup! It really hit the spot after a long day at the hospital. If we ever needed anything pertaining to the contents of the room, all we had to do is pick up the phone and they would help in any way possible. The on site laundry room is very convenient and cheap. I can't say enough great things about the hotel and staff. Thanks for making our stay excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was on a 'fun' trip with the hubby, and wanted to be able to use my rewards points, so this was one of the hotels I could stay in. I would not normally stay downtown unless needed. Every employee that we came into contact with at the Residence Inn by Marriott was so very nice. This was a pleasure trip, but I had to make a couple of cakes for a graduation party I was attending the day I was to check out of the hotel. I 'assumed' that there were ovens in each room and did not think to ask. When I found that my room didn't have an oven, I called the front desk and was advised that he would see what he could do. I got a phone call back w/in about 15 minutes and was told that if I wanted to put together the cakes, their kitchen would be happy to back them for me. I can't tell you how much it meant to me for them to offer this to me! If I didn't get the cakes made on Saturday, it would have meant having to leave for the cities much earlier on Sunday morning so I could get everything done.

On Saturday morning, the front desk employee gave me a phone call to let me know that the kitchen was now available, if I wanted to bring the cakes down. That extra step just cemented in my mind that I will stay at this hotel any time I have to go to Rochester. I didn't ask them to remind me, and they knew exactly what the situation was, even though they were different staff from the night before when arrangements were made. I know it sounds silly, but these are little things that so often get overlooked. I can't say how many times info has not been forwarded to the next person and had caused negative experiences.

Our stay in a very roomy, clean and comfortable room, as well as our experience with the hotel staff was 100% positive and I recommend a stay here at any time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple