“A furnished apartment right next to the Mayo Clinic” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #13 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Illinois
“A furnished apartment right next to the Mayo Clinic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed in room 401 on a recent trip to the Mayo Clinic. It really is like a furnished one bedroom apartment. There's a living area, a kitchen area, and a separate bedroom (with a door, for privacy if desired). The bedroom has a flat panel TV. The living area has a larger flat panel TV. The kitchen is stocked with pots and pans, utensils, dishes, etc. There's a small table for dining and then a business desk and chair. The living area has a couch that was comfortable. The bathroom and shower were adequate, but not large. The sink is in the bedroom area (not inside the bathroom). My only complaint was the bedding -- there was a sheet or a very hot comforter -- no in between. But when I looked in the closet there was a lighter weight blanket, so used that and was just fine. Would gladly stay here again, as it's only a couple of blocks from the Gonda Building. We ate at the Center Street Cafe, which is only a block away. Good pies and desserts.

Room Tip: We stayed in 401 and enjoyed it very much
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Broomfield, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for a visit to the Mayo Clinic. Did first night at the Springhill Suites down the street before we moved here (glad we did).

The hotel is right next door and is connected to the mayo Clinic by underground subway (walking path) or a few minute walk down the street.

Friendly staff and overall a nice typical Residence Inn property. Only major downfall was the $10/day for parking which is still cheaper than at the mayo clinic.

Free wifi and breakfast included... also social hour during the week which is an added bonus as they serve a light meal.

Would recommend for people who stay at Marriott properties over others.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed here 4 times while visiting the Mayo Clinic. Excellent service and nice rooms. Weekdays at 6pm they have finger foods, hot dogs, fruit, etc. which saves you from spending to eat out if you want to. The hotel is on the Subway route to the Mayo Building and is only a short 1 1/2 blocks. I can't believe anyone would pay what they do to stay at the other hotels when this one is extremely nice and convenient.

Room Tip: Room location doesn't matter. They do have a Studio Room that is wide open for those in a wheel...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Summerville, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

When arriving to Rochester, we were only expected to be therefor 2 days. Unexpected illness occurred and we were there for 10 days. The staff at the hotel is excellent, they made sure everything was perfect during our stay. They have breakfast every morning and also depending on there social calendar for the week, the may offer a treat during dinner time. :) For example, one night they had cookies and milk and a different night they had salad and soup! It really hit the spot after a long day at the hospital. If we ever needed anything pertaining to the contents of the room, all we had to do is pick up the phone and they would help in any way possible. The on site laundry room is very convenient and cheap. I can't say enough great things about the hotel and staff. Thanks for making our stay excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I was on a 'fun' trip with the hubby, and wanted to be able to use my rewards points, so this was one of the hotels I could stay in. I would not normally stay downtown unless needed. Every employee that we came into contact with at the Residence Inn by Marriott was so very nice. This was a pleasure trip, but I had to make a couple of cakes for a graduation party I was attending the day I was to check out of the hotel. I 'assumed' that there were ovens in each room and did not think to ask. When I found that my room didn't have an oven, I called the front desk and was advised that he would see what he could do. I got a phone call back w/in about 15 minutes and was told that if I wanted to put together the cakes, their kitchen would be happy to back them for me. I can't tell you how much it meant to me for them to offer this to me! If I didn't get the cakes made on Saturday, it would have meant having to leave for the cities much earlier on Sunday morning so I could get everything done.

On Saturday morning, the front desk employee gave me a phone call to let me know that the kitchen was now available, if I wanted to bring the cakes down. That extra step just cemented in my mind that I will stay at this hotel any time I have to go to Rochester. I didn't ask them to remind me, and they knew exactly what the situation was, even though they were different staff from the night before when arrangements were made. I know it sounds silly, but these are little things that so often get overlooked. I can't say how many times info has not been forwarded to the next person and had caused negative experiences.

Our stay in a very roomy, clean and comfortable room, as well as our experience with the hotel staff was 100% positive and I recommend a stay here at any time!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

The friendliness and efforts of the hotel staff is much appreciated. Large rooms. Spotless bathroom. Only issue is some slightly worn furniture. The tolling of the church bells of the next door church on Sunday morning forges a connection to the surrounding community.

• Stayed May 2012
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here for three nights while a patient at the Mayo. It was very convenient to the clinic. The staff was very friendly and they were very nice to my dog. I have stayed at Residence Inns all over, and I have to say that this one was in the most need of updating of any I have been in. They had flat screen televisions, but the kitchen and bathroom were outdated. Plus there is no pool or hot tub on location. You have to take their shuttle to one of their other properties to swim. The worst thing about this property, though, was the noise! There was so much outside noise it was difficult to sleep. I am guessing this would be true with any hotel near the clinic, as it is like a mini metropolis around there. The price (I paid $101 for a two room suite) was right and the convenience was hard to beat, so I will most likely stay there again for my next visit.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor. It might be quieter up there.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Rochester Mayo Clinic Area? Share your experiences!