“Never Again / Drive on ......” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dinner
Rochester, Minnesota, United States
“Never Again / Drive on ......”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went to Ground Round for someplace different tonight. We got right in for dinner. Sat on the restaurant side. Ordered right away. I had the 7oz steak an hubby hamburger. I order a side salad and potato as my sides. My salad showed up in 10 minutes. They the rest of MY order came 30 minutes later. I sat and wondered where my hubbys meal was, 5 minutes later, we were told it should be right up. Hubby said to go ahead and start. I cut into my BLOODY steak, it mooed....it was to medium rare...gross. Hubby sent it back. 10 minutes later, my food came back and then hubbys meal showed up. No one said sorry about anything. 45 minutes later, we finally started our meals. together. This place should be embarrassed about the terrible service and tasteless way they run a business. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone. And so close to the Rochester Airport. Makes Rochester look rather in poor light. Rochester deserves better to our visitors!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

56% Recommend
Minneapolis, MN
“AMAZING Dessert...I'm Addicted!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were staying in Rochester for a few days and saw that Ground Round was now in town. It has been years since we were at a Ground Round, so decided to check it out. The decor leaves a lot to be desired. There was nothing inviting about the bar area. However, what the decor lacked, they made up for in the food. My husband had a steak and I had a chicken breast meal. Both were cooked perfectly. I was happy to see that they had a lighter choice to my meal; I was able to order one breast instead of two. We are not dessert people, but we decided to try their Cinnamon Dippers. It was big enough for two to share. I would go back for dessert alone!! I just read that they are opening a new Ground Round close to us...very dangerous indeed!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Minnesota
“Poor service and average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The restaurant was half full when we arrived at 6 PM today. Service was slow and waitress had zero personality. Don't order the buffalo chicken salad. The chicken must have been cooked hours in advance, since it was very dry and cold. The greens were average and there was far too much grated cheese in salad that came with blue cheese dressing. So why all the grated cheddar cheese?? Took a long time to get food and drinks took at least 10-15 minutes! My bill was $62.00 for four average meals and 1 drink each. We live in Rochester and it is not easy to get to in the first place.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Minnesota
“Texas Tangler Salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Texas Tangler salad is AWESOME! BBQ sauce, blackbeans, chicken, what else do you need? It's the best thing on the menu.

Visited February 2013
Alexandria, Minnesota
“Next Door to AmericInn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Good food, lots of choices, half price appetizers for Happy Hour, friendly wait staff. Party room available, TV's to keep up on your favorite sports events while you eat

Visited April 2013