“Nothing to Complain About” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Rochester, Minnesota
“Nothing to Complain About”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Have eaten both lunch and dinner here and each time has been a pleasant experience. Their menu is small, but interesting. Food has been quite good to very good, although I could see someone complaining about the prices--I know what to expect, so price isn't an issue for me. It can be loud, but not overly so--however, not sure I'd go there for a quiet romantic evening. The disappointment I have had is the very small offering of tap beer...they do have a rather large bottled beer selection.

Visited May 2014

Rochester, Minnesota
“Liking the loop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

So far, I am liking our new addition to Rochester. The loop has excellent food, and I am happy with the service. The atmosphere is rather nice also! The prices tend to run al little high, especially for just a cup of soup, but it is good.

Visited April 2014
minneapolis
“Potential to be great spot...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Saw a sign for #1, so checked it out. There is sidewalk patio seating, the decor & ambiance very nice and modern. I sat at the bar and just had so-so service. Very slow to take our order & serve drinks, pretty bland bloody's too, but the food was pretty good. A nice variety on the menu. I kept it simple with the ham & cheese omelet with tater tots & jalapeno cheese dip-Yum. I think if the staff improve their attentiveness, it has potential to be a great place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Crosslake
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I like just love about everything here even though it can be a little loud. The service has been typically very good, the environment is generally rather lively and the food is always delicious! I want them to open one in Owatonna right next to Applebee's! There was 5 of us to celebrate an early Mother's day last Friday and 3 of us had the steak special over lunch and it was so yummy. The others had a wrap & the beef/rib burger and both said they were good as well.

I don't think you could go wrong here. Yes, we'd love a Loop in Owatonna! We have fabulous Italian, excellent Mexican and an awesome Asian Fusion place, we just need a place for anyone that wants & desires a lively place with excellent food! Come to Owatonna Please!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
River Falls, Wisconsin
“Drinks good, food so-so, ambiance too LOUD!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were here a year ago for drinks, so we came back again to try the food. When we entered we immediately noticed how LOUD it was inside, so we were happy to be seated in the back next to the kitchen where the noise was a bit less, but not much. It was difficult to carry on a conversation with someone just across the table. I again had the "P.S. I Love You" drink which the Loop's martini recipe is Hendricks gin and cucumber mash, very delicious. I tried the Pecan Crusted Chicken, which is a flattened chicken breast, coated with a pecan (could not taste any pecan flavor) breading, cooked until almost burned and plopped on top of a pile of bland mashed potatoes. Obviously you can tell I wasn't impressed, not to mention the price of this entrée was about double what it should have been, and about three times what it was worth. Aside from being far too loud inside the ambiance is decent. They could reduce the number of TVs hanging on the walls. It is difficult to tell if they want to be a fine restaurant or a sports bar, the blend is not the best.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere