“Great place to stay! We really liked the location from the hospital.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Brentwood on 2nd

Brentwood on 2nd
You added Brentwood on 2nd to your Saves list
Brentwood on 2nd
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1406 2nd Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902   |
Ranked #28 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sioux Falls
“Great place to stay! We really liked the location from the hospital.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Ginger at the downstairs cafe was my favorite!! She made my morning with her positive attitude. My whole family enjoyed her!!!!

The hotel was very clean and the maids were prompt to clean our rooms.

No complaints out of me!

• Stayed June 2014
BrentwoodManagement, Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Miller2479:

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us at the Brentwood on 2nd. I am very happy to hear that you have no complaints, and that you were able to take advantage of eating at the restaurant that is onsite. I will be sure to let the owner of the restaurant know of your great review for his staff as well. Cleanliness and service are two things that we take great pride in, and I am very happy to hear that your experience was an excellent one.
Thank you again, and please do come back and stay with us the next time you are in Rochester.

Brentwood on 2nd Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

front desk was helpful and attentive, especially Rob. The location across from the entrance to St. Mary's makes it the pick if you have work to do there. We made a switch from the standard two-bed room to the suite with kitchen and it is highly recommended. The king bed in addiition to the sofa, loveseat, & recliner made the difficulties after surgery easier to deal with. And the kitchen allowed us to cook in a few nights and save a little cash. Laundry on-site was helpful. Price was billed as quoted, and I would stay there again. (But hopefully won't need too......)

Room Tip: our two rooms both faced the street, looking at St. Mary's entrance. Occasional bus service on t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
richinaspen:

Thank you so much for the excellent review and for staying with us at the Brentwood on 2nd. I am so happy to hear that things went so well and that we were able to accommodate your needs. I am also extremely happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our king suite kitchen room. It really is a great room, and brings the comfort of home to the hotel.
I am happy to hear that if you ever need to return to Rochester that you would stay with us again. That is the greatest compliment, as we are an independent and family owned hotel and rely on people such as yourself. So thank you very much for your business and your kind review!

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel next to St. Mary's while my dad was having bypass surgery. I was VERY disappointed with the stay. After my dad's surgery took longer than expected we called for a reservation. The lady that answered told us she was not by her desk and to call back in 10 mins. After an exhausting day we arrive to the hotel the staff member while checking us in was eating behind the counter (tacos), which is rude and unprofessional. We got to our first room they assigned and it was absolutely filthy and not cleaned from previous guests. We went to front desk they put us in a suite. After checking out, a few hrs passed we went back because we realized that we left a Sonicare toothbrush (valued $ 189) we told the front office and cleaning services they allowed us to check the room, but it miraculously vanished!!! We also ate at Charlie's the restaurant in the hotel and it was also filthy with poor service. I would rather stay at any other hotel, very disappointing as they have a nice location, but they need some hospitality training, sorry to say.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TripadvisorMember:

I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the Brentwood on 2nd was not a pleasant one. In all honesty I am shocked to hear the things that you have brought up, as we have never had complaints like these. It would be much appreciated if you would contact the hotel and speak with the general manager directly in order so that we are able to better our service. Once again, I deeply apologize for any inconvenience, but we have not had any issues like the ones you are describing, so as you can imagine I am disappointed to hear such things.
I would ask that you give us a second chance the next time you are in Rochester in order to make things right.

Wichita Falls, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Everyone at the hotel was very nice and accommodating. Unfortunately I will not stay at Brentwood again due to karaoke night that was offered at the little bar Saturday night. It was SO LOUD! I had just had a heart procedure two days before and was in desperate need of good sleep. It lasted about 4 hours but it was the worst four hours of our trip. If your trip runs through the weekend I would suggest not staying there if you want to sleep.

• Stayed February 2014
britany85:

I am so very sorry to hear that your stay at the Brentwood on 2nd did not go as plan. It is our job to be sure that every guest is well accommodated during their stay. We have spoken to the owner of the restaurant (as the owner of the restaurant is not the owner of the hotel) and have asked that the noise level is turned down on the weekends that he is having karaoke night. This occurs twice a month, and I apologize that you did not receive a restful sleep.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do in order to win your loyalty back, as your patronage is very important.
Once again I apologize and hope that you will give us another try.

Becker, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

I spent two plus weeks in Rochester while my husband was at Mayo Hospital, St Mary's Campus.
Brentwood on 2nd was the ideal place to stay - most conveniently located and everything I needed was right there. The staff, and especially Rob, was most accommodating. Thank you!
It's so nice to have a restaurant/bar on the premises and I did not miss a swimming pool or exercise room, as I spent my days at the hospital. Free parking was wonderful and I didn't need to drive to the hospital as I simply walked across the street....safe to do any time of night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, as it will be quiet. Street side can be a bit noisy on del...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Mary G:

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying with us during your visit to Rochester. Secondly, I would like to thank you for all of the wonderful comments! Convenience, cleanliness, and the best staff are all the things we strive for, and are of utmost importance. I am so very happy to hear that we were able to provide you with everything that you needed from the restaurant, to the convenience and proximity to the hospital.
Thank you again for staying with us and for the kind words. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Rochester.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel has been completely refurbished, it is great. The staff including the housekeeping folks are very friendly and helpful.The free parking was a plus and the daily $5 off certifacate at Charlie's restruandt was very helpful. The City Cafe is only open for lunch, but it it great. The only concern I have was the airconditioner was open to the outside, if the wind was in the right direction, West, it was cold near the windows. We had to waste a lot oftheir energy for heat to compensate for that. I brought it to the desk clerks attenion and he said he would pass it on. Being accros the street from St. Mary's is a real pluse, no shuttle to take or wait for. I was in the hospital for two of the five nights we were there and I had no concern for the safety of my wife.

Room Tip: We asked for QUIET ROOM and we got it On the backside of the long section along the North South Str...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
PamandDon:

Thank you so very much for your stay with us at the Brentwood on 2nd. It is really great to hear that things went so well for you while in Rochester. I am also very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of all of our great amenities including our two restaurants on site, the breakfast coupon, and our free parking. We are very lucky being right across the street from the main entrance of St. Mary's Hospital, as our guests really appreciate being able to walk. We do have a shuttle as well if need be. Also, thank you for your suggestion regarding the air conditioners. The way the building is built, it may be difficult for us to make certain changes, but we do appreciate the concern!
Thank you again for staying with us and your excellent review. Please be sure to stay with us again the next time your in Rochester.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My daughter and I had a full week of appointments at the mayo clinic, we didn't know Rochester at all and picked Brentwood on 2nd for our accommodations. I thought it was closer then it was to the mayo clinic, however their shuttle service daily was excellent. It doesn't look like much from the outside but once we entered we were pleasantly surprised, the lobby was clean, and bright, our room was very clean and comfortable, and the staff was excellent and very helpful. The restaurant had excellent meals at reasonable prices. If we have to return to Rochester I will for sure be booking at the Brentwood on 2nd again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Amy R, General Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Hello;

Thank you very much for writing such a flattering review of the Brentwood on 2nd! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our accommodations.

It's always good to hear that our Guests find their rooms exceptionally clean and comfortable. We truly take pride in the cleanliness and freshness of our hotel. Our free parking and free shuttle service to downtown is an added plus for all our Guests as they don't have to worry about driving downtown and paying to park.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed Charlie's Eatery & Pub while you stayed with us. We are very fortunate to have a full restaurant and bar right off the lobby. This is such a great convenience for our Guests!

Should you happen to be in the Rochester, MN area again, the Brentwood on 2nd would certainly be happy to welcome you back!

Truly,

Amy R. Sullivan

Been to Brentwood on 2nd? Share your experiences!