“Brentwood on 2nd...a great place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Mayo Clinic Patient Rate
Ranked #32 of 55 Hotels in Rochester
Atkinson, IL
“Brentwood on 2nd...a great place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We just returned from St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester, MN. We stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of friends. We were very pleased with the accommodations here.

Along with all the other reduced price packages, their best special rate is for family of patients in the hospital.

What's great about this hotel is it is directly across the street from the hospital. It also houses a restaurant and a bar.

You can get a coupon good for $5 off any food purchases at the front desk every morning. Lunch and dinner meals are fairly inexpensive so with $5 off your bill they are a no-brainer. There are plenty of other restaurants in the area as well.

The rooms have been completely remodeled. I thought the beds were firm but really comfortable. I slept really well there.

Off street private parking is also free.

As an added benefit, you can also hop on free shuttles to the mall and WalMart right at the hospital's front door.

I HIGHLY recommend a stay here if you need to be in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Amy R, Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hello;

Thank you very much for writing such a shining review of the Brentwood on 2nd. As General Manager, it is always nice to hear that a Guest stayed with us on the recommendation of a friend! It's also nice to know that you found such great value in staying with us and that you found our newly remodeled rooms clean and comfortable. I'm happy to hear you were pleased with the convenience of having a restaurant/pub right in the hotel, the free parking and wifi and of course, our great location to St. Mary's Hospital and all the surrounding restaurants.
I thank you for your recommendation of the Brentwood on 2nd and hope you will choose to stay with us again should you be in the Rochester area.

Amy R. Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Midwest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We booked Brentwood solely on the reviews here and honestly, it wasn't a bad place. The two queen room was updated and the hotel has been renovated. The room was pretty small, but perfect for two people. It was very clean and that was much appreciated. We actually had medical appointments at Mayo and walked there for my appointments. It was not a long walk at all. This was another bonus. The only reason I am rating this hotel as average is because of the really horrible Internet access and the curtains in the room that didn't block out the light very well. These are nit-picky things, but did affect us. The hotel advertises wireless Internet, which was a must as I am a teacher who is working on her master's and needed the Internet to work on my classes. The Internet in our room did not work except at 4:00AM and 5:00AM. I didn't particularly love waking up at the crack of dawn to utilize the web for school work, but that is what I had to do. Any other evening times, I was unable to get on the Internet to do my work for grad school. This was incredibly frustrating to me. We couldn't even get a signal in our room (330) the majority of the time. This also made FaceTiming with our children impossible as well. I did not tell management about it, because I doubt there's anything that could be done.

In addition, the curtains over the window did not block much light- light from all sides of the window seeped into the room. Both my husband and I need a dark room to sleep well and the windows let too much light in for us to get a deep night's sleep. Again, this is nit-picky but it did affect us. We come to Mayo at least once a year for check up's and I cannot say if I would stay at the Brentwood again. The price is right though and that's a plus. If Internet access and a dark room at night are not important to you, then I highly recommend this hotel. It is really nicely renovated, the staff is nice and helpful and it's in a great location with restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello;

Thank you for taking to the time to write your review of the Brentwood on 2nd. I truly appreciate your feedback on our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you found our rooms to be very clean. As most of our Guests are patients, we strive to ensure that every room in cleaned thoroughly. It's also good to know you found our location very convenient. The Brentwood on 2nd has added it's own shuttle as an additional convenience for Guests who have appointments downtown.
I appreciate your comments regarding the internet service and the curtains. As we are a locally owned property, I can assure you that ownership has seen your concerns and takes them very seriously. We are diligently working on a solution for the wi-fi and will soon have a resolution to the issue. I apologize that the internet was an issue for you while you were staying with us.
Should you travel to the Rochester area again, I hope you will choose to stay at the Brentwood on 2nd.

Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed 2 nights after booking based on reviews and was not disappointed. Very tastefully remodeled, clean, quiet and super comfortable beds & pillows. Free parking. Location is kitty corner from St. Mary's and just 1 mile straight down the road to Mayo Clinic, which made our morning commute to Mayo a breeze. Front desk staff was EXTREMELY helpful with directions, shuttle info, etc. Rooms were only $80/night for 2 queens and that included a $5 coupon to use in their reasonably priced restaurant/pub. While there's not a coffeepot in the room, there is a small fridge & microwave, and free coffee is available at the front desk every morning - and it was quite good! Things that stood out for me: the helpful, knowledgeable front desk staff, comfy beds, great location, and the higher height vanity with towel bar and shelves underneath (loved the design). Small inconveniences: the shower head might be a bit low for the tall (at 5'10" I had to duck to rinse my hair), and no iron/ironing board in the room, though staff was happy to deliver one. I only mention these things to be fair, but honestly for $80/night I don't think you can beat it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Amy R, General Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Hello;

I want to thank you for writing such a thorough and honest review of the Brentwood on 2nd. I truly appreciate your positive comments especially about our helpful Front Desk Staff. We try our best to make each Guest feel comfortable when they stay with us. A big part of that is helping visitors navigate Rochester and being good ambassadors for our City.
It's nice to know you found the Brentwood on 2nd's location, the newly remodeled rooms and our rate truly a great value.
I also appreciate your comments regarding the absence of ironing boards in the rooms. This is something I will definitely add to the amenities.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Brentwood on 2nd. Should you need to return to Rochester in the future, we would be more happy to welcome you back!

Provo, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We needed a hotel close to medical services. A nurse had actually recommended this place. We were unfamiliar with it. A nice surprise, great location for us, helpful staff, etc. Our room was larger than expected (based on the price, which I found pretty reasonable - and we didn't even have a coupon or discount), very clean, and great beds. A very decent restaurant and our meals were discounted due to our stay there. We used room service twice and were very satisfied. We will very likely stay here again, if we need to return in September.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Stephen D;

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Brentwood on 2nd.
We always appreciate hearing from our Guests!
I'm so happy to hear that you found our location ideal for your stay and that you were so pleasantly surprised by the great value we offer.
I'm glad you took advantage of the restaurant coupon. It's so nice for our Guests to have such a convenient place to grab a bite after a long day of Clinic appointments.
Should you need to return to Rochester, MN in September, we would be more than happy to welcome you back.

Saint Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you are staying in Rochester because of a visit to either the Mayo Clinic or St. Mary's Hospital, then Brentwood is a good choice. Mayo Clinic is a short drive away (there is also a shuttle that will take you there), and St. Mary's Hospital is across the street. We were there for 3 nights. Our room was comfortable, clean, quiet and the price was very reasonable. We only dealt with one person at the front desk. Her name was Tori and she was amazing. She is kind, helpful and always greets you with a smile. There is a restaurant attached, and you are given a voucher by the hotel for a fairly significant discount on a meal. If you choose to eat somewhere else, there are lots of restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. There is a lot with plenty of parking for guests. I would definitely recommend Brentwood on 2nd, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy R, General Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Hello!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a favorable review of our Hotel.
I'm glad you found your room to be very clean and comfortable. We take great pride in keeping our Hotel and all of our rooms clean as we know most travelers are here for medical reasons. You mentioned our great location. As you know, when you stay at the Brentwood on 2nd, you really can't get any closer to St. Mary's Hospital which is very comforting for Guests.
It was so nice of you to mention Tori in your review. She is a "Super Star" at Guest Service! Tori truly cares about making sure every Guest has the room that fits their needs and that they feel welcome and comfortable while they are staying with us. We are lucky to have Tori.
I appreciate you recommending the Brentwood on 2nd to others and look forward to meeting you should you stay with us again.

Amy Rowe
Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband had surgery at St. Mary's (the third one in 6 months). We'd stayed at other hotels but decided to try this one and we weren't disappointed!
The rate was very reasonable. Our room was very clean, quite large and had a lovely decor. our bed was quite comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
It was helpful to be able to walk across the street and the off street parking was great too.
The restaurant in the same building had good food. The hotel gave us a coupon each day for a discount there. One night I ordered room service and they brought up our dinner to the room for a reasonable price.
Only thing that I would have loved is if the room had an in-room coffee maker. Other than that I was happy. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amy R, General Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello Kim;

I truly appreciate you taking the time to write such a flattering review of the Brentwood on 2nd! Your comments are greatly appreciated. I am so happy you decided to give the Brentwood on 2nd a try and that you were pleasantly surprised by your experience.
So many of our Guests are going through difficult situations and the Staff and myself truly want to make sure each Guest has a clean and comfortable room when they return from a long day at the Hospital. We do our best to make everyone feels welcome while they with us.
You'll be happy to know that we are seriously considering having in-room coffee makers for our Guests. Until that is confirmed, we are now serving complimentary coffee in our Lobby seven days a week from 5:00am to 10:00am.
Should you need to return to Rochester, MN in the future Kim, please know that the Staff at the Brentwood on 2nd would be happy to see you and welcome you again.

Amy M. Rowe
arowe@brentwoodinn.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited a patient at Mayo and stayed here because it was close to St. Mary's hospital and had a very reasonable rate for visitors of Mayo patients ($74).

Beds were comfy, ac worked (barely), rooms were very clean and the service was friendly and willing to extend our stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Amy R, Manager at Brentwood on 2nd, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hello;

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Brentwood on 2nd!
I am pleased to hear that our close proximity to St. Mary's Hospital was perfect for your visit. So many of our Guests appreciate that we are 500 ft. from the Main Entrance of the Hospital.
Our Staff, who are on duty 24/7, strive to make sure each and every Guest has a clean, comfortable room and a pleasant stay with us.
Should you ever need to return to Rochester, MN, I hope you'll stay with us again!

Amy Rowe
arowe@brentwoodinn.com

Been to Brentwood on 2nd? Share your experiences!