“The people are nice here.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   155 16th Ave SW, Rochester, MN 55902   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Lansing, MI
“The people are nice here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2014

After researching the options for a visit to the Mayo Clinic - I found this to be the best deal that is still within "skywalk" walking distance. One thing that I was consistently happy with was the people here at this hotel - they were extremely accommodating. I'd like to acknowledge, Jeremy, out front desk specialist who was very helpful, but everyone was nice from, Shannon, our housekeeper, Beth who waited on me at the restaurant, Nick the nighttime service staff and the helpful maintenance supervisor, Gaylen! I felt appreciated by the staff. Its also very close to the parking garage. The bar/restaurant seems to be well attended by locals - so that means there is something good about it.

I only have some minor critiques but these don't merit much weight in your decision at potentially booking this hotel. There is no hot-tub. The internet is a little slow. Overall the hotel is on the verge of being a little outdated.

Room Tip: Ask to have a view of the Mayo Tower. At night its lighted and very pretty.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Illinois USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed here the night of 10 October. Our room was number 421.
Even though we were on the 4th floor, traffic noise from outside was not an issue. Nor was noise from the room heating unit. The room was very comfortable and the bed and pillows were great. Our bathroom was very clean but the decor of the room is very dark counter top, etc. I could have used a little more light while shaving in the morning.

The hotel was busy but the elevator was not congested. Breakfast was very good however seating seems limited. The staff did a good job of keeping the breakfast choices stocked.

Here is a tip: The hotel has a heated parking garage under the hotel. While we did not have snow when we were there, it saved me from having to scrape frost off the car's windows.

Room Tip: Our room was fine, see my review. .... No idea what other rooms are like in the hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2014
Dear B_Maurice,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites -
Rochester West Medical. All of our guest comments help us to guide and direct our operations staff.

You mention my two favorite amenities at our hotel. I love our Express Start Breakfast. We have wonderful healthy options as well as our delicious cinnamon rolls. Our underground parking is amazing specailly during those cold months in Minnesota.

Again, thank you for the opportunity to serve you and my staff and I look forward to hosting you in the future.
Aubrey, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

If you stay here, make sure your room isn't facing the freeway. I think they forgot to sound proof the rooms. The noise level is really high and makes it hard to sleep. It sounds if the cars are in the room with you. Other than that the bed and pillow are comfy but that's the only good thing I can say.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Dear JohnluvsAK,

We apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. We do offer white noice machines and ear plugs.

Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

This is a nice HIE. It seems new. Plenty of free parking. Spacious rooms. Exercise room and pool. Free shuttle to The Clinic. It has a sub shop and pizza joint in the shopping area in front of the hotel.
A little tricky to get into. Good rates with free WIFI. It features a rather extensive complimentary breakfast. Business center.
This was the least expensive and with the most benefits of the similar places I searched in Rochester.
We were able to leave early and we had no problems canceling the balance of our reservation. I would recommend.

Room Tip: I am not sure exactly where the quiet rooms are located. We were on the front on the ground floor a...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, September 22, 2014
Dear Plaztik,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are right of Highway 52. Thank you so much for mentioning all our amenities. The Express Start Breakfast is my favorite amenity. We have great healthy options.

Mankato, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

The hotel was great , staff very nice and only two blks. from St Mary's hospital.
But I will never book with hotels -rates. com ever again . The person taking my reservation was high pressure up selling a discount card. Would not take no. My husband was very sick and all I wanted was a room.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Laurel H,

We apologize for the inconvenience you had while making your reservation. If you ever come through town please do not hesitate to call the hotel directly.

Taranto, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

A pity: this hotel could have gotten at least 4 stars, but it's not fair to be given such a room just because we were on points.
Anyways, the hotel is clean, comfortable and probably with nice(r) rooms (I guess). Breakfast is included and the food variety is good. The staff was kind, though a bit distracted...
The location is easily reachable from highways and interstates and one can reach Downtown Rochester after a 20-minute walk.
I'd give it a second chance.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Melany L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2014

We apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand. We definitely like to upgrade our IHG Club members when there is availability.

Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

The rooms were clean with updated bath, free breakfast and helpful staff...plus parking was free and there were restaurants within walking distance. Easy drive from airport and convenient to access to major highway. Did not hear any traffic noise, but we were on the parking lot side of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Flipflopcasa,

We are glad you were able to enjoy our Start Express Breakfast bar. We are conveniently located in town. Thank you so much for mentioning my staff. I will make sure to pass your comment on to them.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center

Address: 155 16th Ave SW, Rochester, MN 55902
Location: United States > Minnesota > Rochester
Ranked #24 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.