You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center
Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Rochester
branson west, mo
“Great new Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is fairly new...very nice and clean. Has a great hot tub, pool and workout area. Breakfast is very good...yummy cinnamon rolls. Employee's were very helpful. They have some underground parking (if your traveling during bad weather).

Room Tip: It's a new hotel, I'm sure all the rooms are very nice. We selected a king room and it was...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Chooter87:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester - West Medical. Your feedback is a valuable tool in assessing the operations of our hotel.

I want to thank you especially for mentioning that our employees were helpful during your stay. I also want to thank you for the kudos regarding our hot cinnamin rolls we serve during our Express Start Breakfast. They are a very popular item on our breakfast bar.

Once again, thank you for your comments and my staff and I look forward to the opportunity to host you during your next visit to Rochester.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying here 1-2 nights per week for about nine months now. I've stayed at many other hotels in Rochester and in my opinion, this one is my favorite. They have a heated underground parking garage, which is great during the winter months. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, wifi is fast, and the staff is very friendly. They have a shuttle to the Mayo Clinic and area hospitals now too. The location is convenient, right off Hwy 52 and 2nd Street, a short walk to St Mary's hospital, and quick access to the highway. Lots of restaurants nearby, within walking distance. Canadian Honker and City Market are my favorites nearby. Be careful when comparing prices with downtown hotels, as parking downtown is not free and the cost adds up.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Brian M:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rochester - West Medical. Feedback such as your's is essential to the success of our hotel operations.

First let me thank you for the kudos about our hotel and our underground garage parking. It sure comes in handy for those sub-zero and rainy days. I would also have to agree that our hotel is convenient to St. Mary's Hospital and easy to access from Hwy. 52 and the Second Street S.W. Exit.

Next, you mentioned restaurants like Canadian Honker and City Market. Let me also recommend Vicotoria's, 301 on First and, Chesters - all located a short distance from the hotel.

Thank-you once again for your business and my staff and I look forward to the opportunity to host you during your next visit.
New Lenox, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed for a wedding and I could not believe that everything was so narrow and small. Have stayed at many hotels over the years and comfort wise this was the absolute worse. We had a suite, smaller then the 2 queen bed rooms which included a pull out bed and there was a small table and chairs. Can't tell you how many times I slammed into the corner of the table in the night.This room was the sorryest excuse for a suite. Even the hall was narrow and very tight where the elevator was. Closet was about 2ft wide and did not accommondate our dress clothes. The parking lot was horrible, on top of a strip mall plus the underground parking very tight.. People had to park their cars and suvs right on top of each other. When looking down into the parking lot, there were cars with not even 6 inches between them. Not even room to get out. Can't believe this hoiday inn express is new and planned so badly!!!!!! Rooms were clean and tile in baths was extremely nice. The staff was great!!! If I could have moved to a different hotel, I would have. This hotel is a very very poor excuse for hoiliday inn. The pictures look great but this is not what you get. People in doubles fared much better on space.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. Feedback such as your's helps us to identify our success stories along with areas of concern that can be addressed to improve our operations.

First, let me thank you for acknowledging our great staff! Our staff works very hard to exceed all of our guests expectations. Next, I wanted to state that I will be discussing your concerns regarding the parking lot and narrow hallways in our building with our ownership group. These comments are invaluable and will be considered in our future projects.

Again, thank you for your comments and your business is deeply valued.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there last might. Beds and pillows were so comfortable-- beautiful new hotel! Easy to find the ice machine. Good breakfast selections--warm cinnamon rolls too. Loved that it was so close to St Mary's where my husband was having surgery.

Was disappointed that the website notes underground parking when it is so limited. I drove in there and then had to back all the way out when I found the spots were all taken. An ice-storm was forecasted, so it was one of the reasons I selected it.

I sleep through anything but those of you who don't may want to request a room on the opposite side of the highway.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. Our guests comments help us to identify our weaknesses so that we may improve our facility and its operations.

I am glad you had a great stay and that you found our beds, pillows and Express Start Breakfast to be added benefits. Next, I want to apologize for the limited parking in our underground garage. I have to admit this is a popular feature...especially during inclimate weather.

Again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to the opportunity when my staff and I can host you during your next visit to Rochester.
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We recently stayed two nights at this hotel. The rooms are clean and new, and the breakfast is quite nice. It's a nice facility. We were disappointed to find that our room was not ready when we arrived, even though it was after the 3:00 stated check-in time. We were given no other option except to wait an additional 30 minutes, which actually threw our whole itinerary off.

As mentioned in other reviews, there is a lot of road noise from Hwy 52, plus frequent ambulance sirens. I'm a light sleeper, so I spent a couple of sleepless nights with all of the noise. My only other suggestion would be that the hotel needs to either add to or reconfigure the furniture in the pool area. At times during our stay there were six or seven families in the pool, but there are only three tables. This meant that there was nowhere to sit or even set your stuff down.

Room Tip: Request the side of the hotel away from Hwy 52.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent overnight visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. Your feedback is essential to the success of our hotel.

First let me apologize for the inconvenience that was caused by the delayed check in. I know this is rare non-the-less I apologize for this unfortunate event. I will share this with my staff and we will re-double our efforts to make sure this does not happen in the future. Second, I want to thank you for bringing to my attention the pool furniture or lack of enough furniture during busy periods. I will work with our ownership group to see how we can remedy this situation. Perhaps we can add another set of tables.

Again, thank you for your comments and we will continue to work toward improving and exceeding all guest expectations.
Lake Benton, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at this facility. We unexpectedly had to go to Rochester for a medical emergency. This hotel is only 2 blocks from St. Mary's hospital so it was the prefect location for us. We could walk to the hospital very easily. We really enjoyed the breakfast: pancakes, hot cinnamon rolls, eggs, sausage, and biscuits. The only complaint I have is that we stayed on the side of the hotel that faces the highway and you could hear quiet a bit of road noise. So request the parking lot side if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rochester. Comments such as your's are essential to the success of our hotel's operations.

First, let me thank you for writing about how great our location is and our wonderful Express Start Breakfast. I have to admit our cinnamon rolls are very popular. Next, I want to thank you for also stating that light sleepers should request the parking lot side (east side) of the building. Our reservation agents will do their very best to accommodate.

Once again, thank you for your comments. My staff and I look forward to hosting you the next time your travel brings you through our doors.
Oakdale, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice hotel in a good location. The hotel is newer, and very clean. My son came down with food poisoning from a nearby establishment (no names mentioned, but it rhymes with mild Phil's). He was not a very good aim and I had to call the front desk at 1 AM. Not only did the night manager run some towels up right away, but he also moved us to a new room. Needless to say, they came to our rescue in a very ugly situation. The hotel is in a good location, but could use a few more places to eat within walking distance as it has no restaurant. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating for our group.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. Your comments regarding our night manager are an outstanding demonstration of great customer service and I'm proud to be a part of his team. There are many similar product offerings in Rochester and we know that it is our people that truly make the difference. We're glad you had a great stay based on the circumstances.

We will share your comments with our staff and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again if and when your travels bring you to Rochester.

Again, thank you for your comments,

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center

Address: 155 16th Ave SW, Rochester, MN 55902
Location: United States > Minnesota > Rochester
Ranked #24 of 55 Hotels in Rochester
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.