IHG Travelocity
Ranked #17 of 53 hotels in Rochester
Hernando, Florida
“Wonderful!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

It's the newest hotel in the city of Rochester and everything was fresh and clean!!!!!!!
Comfortable bed (King), pillows, wide screen TV and you could not hear any doors banging!!!!
Very polite people at the check-in desk too!!!!!!! The Continental Breakfast area served wonderful everything!!!!!
We will stay there again when we return!!!!!!!
AAAAAAA+++++++

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your great comments about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. The staff and I take great pride in the work we do making each guest's stay extraordinary. Your feedback is valuable to the success of our facility.

I have yet to try the beds but we are receiving rave reviews about the comfort of our beds lately. but more importantly I will be sure to share your positive remarks with our staff. They truly are what separates us from our competitors.

Again, thank you for your comments and I hope to see you again. Thank-you,

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Actually live in the area, had to be out of the house for the weekend. Rochester has many very good hotel choices. Holiday Inn Express West is new, thought I'd give it a try. Very, very comfortable place. Spacious rooms. I upgraded for a small fee to a suite, plenty of room, bed is comfortable, adequately appointed with the customary needs and necessities. I was surprised to see there is a pool, workout room, heated underground parking, conference room and fairly extensive breakfast. Easy walk to the many places to eat. Yes you are in the center of a medical community so you hear Mayo One (helicopter), it's part of being in Rochester. Also interested to note that I did not hear any traffic noise. Certainly will recommend, and stay again if the opportunity presents.

Room Tip: Suite is worth the small upgrade in price.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester, West Medical. The staff and I strive everyday to exceed all of our guest expecations and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

I will be sure to pass the great words of praise onto our staff and I look forward to the opportunity to host you as our future guest. Thank-you,
Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Very nice new hotel and reasonable rates. The staff is excellent and the breakfast was also very good. The hot cinnamon buns were excellent. The hotel has an underground garage with an elevator that goes right to your floor. The rooms are very large and as would be expected very well furnished. The lobby area has several large leather chairs and a couch with a large screen television. The staff was nice and personable. They do not yet have a shuttle to the clinic. I absolutely will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank-you for your comments regarding your recent visit to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester, West Medical Center. Comments such as yours are essential to the success of our hotel's operations.

First let me say, I too agree the hot cinnamon rolls are very tastey! The cinnamon rolls are very popular and go well with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee. Next, I want to thank you for the comments you shared regarding our staff. I will be sure to pass along your compliments about our great staff as well.

Once again, thank you for the great comments and my staff and I look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future.
New Hampshire USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I spent a week staying at the new (9/12) Holiday Inn Epress while at a meeting in Rochester. The property is about three miles from the convention center but only a few blocks from the St. Mary's Campus Hospital building.
The Inn delivered on all its promises. I had an East-facing room (note earlier reviews) and noted no road noise. There was occasional helicopter noise, but I think this may be a general feature of Rochester. The room was spacious and clean. The TV was HD, although local network channels were not HD (but ESPN, FOX, TBS etc. were) Free wireless internet access was prompt. The no-charge-added breakfast was more than continental; there were eggs, sausage, biscuits and pancakes as well as the typical bagels and jam. There was pretty good coffee close to 24/7. The front desk clerks and housekeepers were very pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful. There is a washer/dryer on each floor; mine worked well.
From here I used a car to go to the meetings at the civic center. Parking at the Inn was free.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback you provided regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical, Rochester, MN. Feedback such as your's is invaluable to the success of our hotel. We use this information to improve our facilities where possible.

I want to thank you for commending our front desk and housekeeping team members who work so hard to make sure all of our guests expectations are exceeded. I would also have to agree with you regarding our Express Start Breakfast which offers more variety then just breads and muffins. I have to admit the hot eggs, sausage and biscuits are very popular among our guests.

Once again thank you for the great remarks! I will be sure to share these with our team members and hope to see you again when you need a great place to stay in Rochester.
Menomonie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I found this by accident because it just opened in June and we were there the first weekend in August. It is a brand new property, so everything was fresh and clean. The staff was exceptional. We were greeted like old friends and immediately upgraded to a King Suite. The check in personnel took the time to give us a briefing on the area, including dining suggestions and directions to a store my wife wanted to visit.
It was a girls state softball tournament and there were several families staying there. No problem at all. Our room was quiet and it must have been a great group of families because there were no disturbances at all.
They have underground parking available and I took advantage because storms were predicted. Excellent choice, it was pouring when we wanted to go out in the morning, but we were dry since we parked inside and it had stopped raining when we reached our destination.
I will be staying there next time I am in Rochester and recommend this hotel to other without reservation. Great location, great property and great value. Very near to St. Mary's and only a few blocks from the other Rochester hospitals/clinics. Right on 2nd St.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a King Suite and the extra room really made the experience more comfortable. We...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you Professor Holland for your wonderful review of our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical. My staff and I are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at our new hotel. Your travel tips are great ideas and agree that if your a light sleeper guests should be sure to inquire about being placed on the east side of the building. I'm also glad you took advantage of our garage parking. I know this will be very popular in the winter months.

Again, thank you for your great comments. Feedback such as yours help us to continue to strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express we can be exceeding all of our guest expectations. We hope to see you again.
Mason City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We did not have reservations, as we did not know where we would end up that day, we walked in & were given quick, friendly, great service. Very comfortable king size room. Did not hear any road noise, especially good since it is across the street from the hospital. Lots of variety for breakfast. Very clean hotel. Will plan on staying here or any other Holiday Inn Express again!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments on your recent posting on Trip Advisor.com on September4, 2012. Feedback such as yours is wonderful and truly warms our hearts and gives us motivation to continue to do what we do best and that is to exceed all of our customers expectations. I know I speak for my staff in saying that we are delighted that you had a great stay. I will be sure that your wonderful comments are shared with our staff and we look forward to the opportunity to host your stay whenever your lodging needs bring you through our doors.
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great place to stay (rooms are always clean) and as expected the free breakfast was hot and fresh. The front desk staff was over the top helping with directions and help icing down our cooler. Very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent lodging experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Rochester West Medical Center. Comments such as yours help us to recognize those employees are are exceeding our customers expectations. I will surely share your great comments with all of our staff. I'm very proud of the great work they do taking care of our customers. Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and my staff and I hope to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center

Address: 155 16th Ave SW, Rochester, MN 55902
Location: United States > Minnesota > Rochester
Ranked #17 of 53 hotels in Rochester
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later
Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rochester West-Medical Center to your Saves list