“Perfect Hotel for our Extended Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aspen Suites Rochester

You added Aspen Suites Rochester to your Saves list
Aspen Suites Rochester
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1211 Second Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902 (Formerly Staybridge Suites Rochester)   |
Special Rate
$99 First Night!
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Estherville, Iowa, United States
“Perfect Hotel for our Extended Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We needed a suite with a recliner for our son to recuperate on a Mayo out-patient basis. We had a 1-bedroom suite and it suited our needs perfectly. The kitchenette was great for fixing small meals and there was a desk so we could still work as needed. The staff was very accommodating and helpful. There was also a small store where you could pick up any toiletries or food that you might need. The free hot breakfast was delicious and had many items to choose from. I also appreciated the free washers and dryers, as we had not planned on being away from home that long. It really did feel like a home-away-from-home. There's also a shuttle that could take us to the different clinic locations and a heated garage for our vehicle.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed 5 nights in December with our 14 month old daughter during a Mayo visit. Staff were all great, very friendly, accommodating and patient with an active little toddler. Free hot breakfast had different choices every morning. Free DVD library at the front desk was a nice perk too. Our room was a 1BR suite with two queens--clean, quiet and comfortable. Coffee maker in room was supplied with Wolfgang Puck coffee--I am a coffee snob and I thought it was fantastic. Kitchenette was well equipped for meals for 4, including enough pans for basic cooking. Only drawback is that there is only one elevator and it is at one end of the long, winding corridor on each floor. St. Mary's Hospital is right across the street. Mayo Clinic buildings are a 5 minute drive right down 2nd St., with convenient parking. Overall it's a great location for an extended stay in Rochester.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Laurel S, General Manager at Aspen Suites Rochester, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Aspen Suites with TripAdvisor followers. I greatly appreciate the time that you took to tell others about our hotel. Warm wishes to you and your family - we hope to see you again if your travels bring you to Rochester!
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Needed reservations for 12th, made, next day needed to move up to tomorrow, made, same day move up to today,and tomorrow, made. next day cancel tomorrow, made. no problem with making changes very helpful. Location ideal for St Mary Hospital. it was about 2-5 below F and we parked in a heated garage. What a blessing. Room was very clean and comfortable. Slept like at home.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Cedar Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel in Rochester Minnesota is a fun place to take children. It is close but not too close to the hospital. It was relaxing just to watch children play in the pool in the water park area. Restaurants are close by to go grab something to eat . For them providing a crib for an infant was nice we didn't have to bring one. This would be a fun place to have a birthday party. They are starting to remodel so that's a plus.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The only way I will ever stay here again is if I have a 4th floor room. I called the front desk twice the first night about the noise level from the room above me, but nothing seemed to help. That was sleepless night one. Noise level on night two seemed to be intentional, and I just had to tolerate it until they either passed out or became bored with jumping and pounding on the floor. Staff was apologetic, but not really helpful with ensuring their guests received a good night's sleep! Otherwise, clean rooms with nice little kitchenettes were the pluses and lousy little square pillows that are useless for sleeping, and tough to regulate heat were the minuses.

• Stayed January 2015
Bakersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is my second review of Aspen Suites in Rochester, Minnesota. I cannot say enough good things about this place! I will DEFINITELY stay there when I return to Mayo Clinic in the spring! Laurel Schacht, the general manager, goes out of her way, along with the entire staff-- to be personable, outgoing, and to follow-through on every detail. In fact, I raved so much about their wonderful, scrumptious pillows, that she helped me to locate some! Their place is clean, has windows that open, their breakfast is delightful, the atmosphere friendly. My pillows arrived today, and I cannot thank Laurel enough for her over-the-top personal help, and beyond-the-call assistance in accommodating my disability during my visits to Rochester. Thank you, Aspen Suites, for being a place away-from-home that I can depend on.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has lots of amenities! If you need to stay for a long period of time, this is the one to choose! Right across the street from St. Mary's hospital which makes it very convenient if you have a loved one there. Very good restaurant right next door. I loved the free heated underground parking, free laundry facility, free social snack nights, free hot breakfasts. Rooms have kitchenettes so you can cook and save money. All hotel employees I talked to were very friendly and always helped when needed. I think their slogan should be "not a problem" because I heard this a lot! Handicapped room very spacious and open, comfortable and clean. I also liked the sense of safety. I was here for 3 wks. 1 of them on my own while my husband had open heart surgery. I felt safe. That was a big relief to me and to my husband. Price was very reasonable! If we have to come to Rochester again, I won't hesitate to stay here!

Room Tip: Had a back hotel handicapped room. Was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Aspen Suites Rochester? Share your experiences!