“Hidden Gem?” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Rochester, MN
“Hidden Gem?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

This place is at the Ramada, and on the inside it looks like a typical sports bar; however, it has great food. Ramada used to have another restaurant on the otherside of the complex called Teresa's. It recently closed, but the chef moved over to Wildwood; so, if you liked Teresa's, the menu at Wildwood will seem very familiar.

If you like sitting outside, Wildwood has a nice outdoor patio, too. It also has two sand volleyball courts, if that's what you're into.

Visited May 2012

“No service..?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

My sisters and I heard about Wildwood and decided we would give it a try since none of us had been here before..we were greeted by a friendly woman who seated us w/menu's..we sat at our table looking over the menu and not one waitress came to our table to even ask us if we needed any beverages...we sat there for 20 minutes before getting up and walking out...not one of the many waitresses once checked on our table...there was a total of4tables(including ours)in the entire place..so..it wasn't like it was so busy in there...yet as we were walking out..employees came out of the kitchen like"where are they going"..we figured the waitresses would rather finish their conversations instead of helping us...we will not be back!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Jim N, Owner at Wildwood Sports Bar & Grill, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Hello bello1378,
I saw your review and wanted to take a moment to apologize for the lack of service you received. We try to hold ourselves at Wildwood to high level of customer service and quality of food. I appreciate the feedback you posted and show us an area that we need to improve on. I understand your being disatisfied with our service it is never easy to return to a business that your are treated poorly, I hope that you give us another chance to change your opinion of us.
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Can't wait to go back! We had a great experience and even brought the kids.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the comments on our food and kid freindly atmosphere. We pride ourselves on offering quality food in a casual kid friendly atmosphere. Please stop in and see us again. please like us on facebbook to keep up to date on specials.
Jim Nicholas
“Sports bar with very nice menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

A group of parents went here after a high school baseball game. We made a reservation and a table was set up with a named plaque. Nice touch. This has a sports bar look and feel. It is a wide open layout with several TV's. The service was fast and friendly. The menu was a pleasant surprise. It included much more than just the basic burger and pizza sports bar menu. I had the "Uptown Girl" sandwich which was turkey and sliced apples on cranberry wheat bread with a light creme cheese spread and a side of sweet potato fries. It was unusual and refreshing. The patio has promise for group events and if they match their decor more to their menu, they should do well.

Thank you for the positve comments! We love to here how we are doing. The Patio has been opened up with the addition of a firepit, new furniture, and now offering live music on the patio every Tuesday evening from 6-9. Please stop in and see us again!
Jim
Minnesota
“Gross”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

The place is new so we thought we'd give it a try. It's a bar...not a restaurant. It was a Friday night and they were busy. It was a mix of people eating and those that were just there to drink. It took a while for us to be acknowledged. We had heard that they were offering a cajun menu in honor of Fat Tuesday and so we ordered a crab cake to share. Worst crab cake ever!! I couldn't quite describe the taste...it was strange until my bro-in-law announced that it tasted like crab flavored mashed potatoes! Then our meal came and I shared a plate of nachos with my sister and I'm not quite sure what the marinated mystery meat was on the nachos but it about made me gag. After a couple of beers and a lousy meal I got the bill for almost $50...I felt so ripped off that I wanted to go and eat a real meal. It wasn't even bar food...you can stomach greasy bar food. I wouldn't eat there again. Plus as I mentioned before, it's a bar, not a restaurant. I watched families come in and wait at the door to be seated and not once did the wait staff tell any of them that it was seat yourself. They just left everyone standing in a huge pile at the door. Finally they all gave up and went somewhere else.

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hello Deadiebear,
I noticed your Review and wanted to apologize for the eveing that you had back in March. I am happy to inform you that we have revamped our nacho's and use only Fresh Grilled Chicken or Top Sirloin. I Appreciate your comments and we have begun working on Greeting people Faster when they come in as well being more kid friendly. Please stop in and see us again.