“My Fathers Last Days” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Zimmerman, Minnesota, United States
“My Fathers Last Days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have never been to Rochester even though I live in Mn but when my father was diagnosed with cancer I advised him to come to Mn to the Mayo clinic if anyone could fix it the Mayo Clinic is the place. I arrived on 21 April my father had already checked in when I arrived and told the front desk who I was they told me my father was very sick and they were glad I was there. How to begin about our stay, we made many trips back and forth to the Mayo and unfortunately with not so good results but the staff at this hotel not knowing my father was dying treated us incredibly, anything we needed they assisted, billing situations they handled you name this staff exceeded the expectations I had. I have stayed at most of the finest 5 star hotels in the country and for this hotel to be a 2 star is ridiculous, this staff was better than any of the others and from the desk to the housekeeping they work diligently to make the stay the best possible, knowing many of the people staying are having life altering situations happening. Pricing for Mayo guests when most are struggling this hotel caters to the Mayo clinic people, they could charge double or triple what they are charging but they do not they understand the situation and cater to the patients and their families. My father passed away on 12 May, I am forever thankful for the kindness, caring and truly outstanding staff, from my family we thank you so much for all you have done and for what you do for so many other families you served every day. God Bless you all.

Room Tip: The entire place is good but 3rd floor is much quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Lloyd - The staff and I are extremely saddened to hear of your father's passing. We are honored to have known him and been able to provide both of you with great service during such a hard time. It was our sincere pleasure to keep your room clean, offer great rates and attend to each of your needs.

We wish you and your family all of the best. Our thoughts are with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
International Falls, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

we have been staying at this Extended Stay for about 10 years.
They will do just about anything to make your stay the best in the area.
all the staff are VERY friendly and when you return make you feel special and like you have been missed.
The prices are wonderful and very affordable esp since we stay there due to Medical needs in Rochester, MN (They have special Mayo rates) with a shuttle to all the medical facilities in Rochester.
When I had to stay in Rochester for 3 months last summer, I researched all of the properties in Rochester and this was the best priced, with no hidden fees. They will refund your money if you don't have to stay as long as you had originally thought you would have to, unlike some others in the area.
They have done a tremendous amount of remodeling in the last couple of years...it is fun to see the changes each time we go (which is very frequently).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed our new updates and amenities. It's also nice to hear that you find us reasonably priced for the Rochester market.

Sturgeon Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have to stay in Rochester frequently for family reasons, and in the past year, the cost of hotel rooms has increased drastically in Rochester. I am tired of it, so I sought out the best value I could find online, and this hotel was an amazing deal. I was leery because the cost was so terrific, but Extended Stay greatly exceeded my expectations! My room was super clean. I mean, I have stayed at 4-star hotels that were not as clean as this hotel. The room was comfortable and had a nice little kitchenette. The bathroom was fairly spacious. The bed was comfortable. The hotel is about a block off the highway and behind strip malls and restaurants, so you didn't hear any noise from the traffic. The location is extremely easy access to downtown--about 6 minutes or so, although they offer a free shuttle to Mayo Clinic. You will not get housekeeping more than once a week, and the breakfast-to-go is very simple (but adequate for me). This is what keeps the price so incredibly low, so be sure it meets your needs before booking. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property in Rochester, Minnesota. It's great to hear that our Hotel exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

From check in to check out, I have no complaints. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, the wi-fi was fast and the grab and go breakfast was nice. If I am ever needed back at The Mayo I will check this hotel first.

Room Tip: Look on priceline. We saved half the price:)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a GREAT review about your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was friendly & your room was clean. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
The Ozarks of Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

If u like sleeping in a maximum hard bed this is the place for you! Staff was great, accommodating. Rooms were clean. This place would have a 5 star rating from me if it weren't for those nasty, hard beds.

• Stayed March 2013
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay I am thrilled to hear that the staff was very friendly. I do apologize for the bed being so uncomfortable thank you for bringing this to our attention. Again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to the area.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We pulled into this hotel after deciding to pull off the road during a snowstorm and the staff was very welcoming. The room was clean and neat with more space than we are used to getting at La Quinta where we normally stay with our dog.

Just one little thing that bothered me - they should have told us about the $25 fee for our dog before we committed but if it hadn't been for the snow and the road conditions we probably would have kept going. I can see $5 or even $10 extra but $25 would have stopped us.

Room Tip: Only stayed one night, one room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review about our property in Rochester, Minnesota. I am always happy to hear when our staff offers as welcoming atmosphere to our customers. In regards to your comment about the Pet Fee I hope you can understand we use this to ensure the room gets properly cleaned for our next traveler. We hope to see you during your next planned travels.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Always a no hassle situation in reserving a room, having it ready when we arrive, and a functional room where everything works. A real plus is the friendly staff, who also happen to be very efficient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that everything was efficient and that the staff was so friendly. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - North? Share your experiences!