“A Motel with a surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #24 of 53 hotels in Rochester
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“A Motel with a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

In coming to Rochester for the first time is hard enough. What made it harder for me was that my trip was to the Mayo Clinic for medical issues I received from a car accident with a drunk driver. In choosing a motel, we looked for one outside the downtown area because of traffic and the lack of parking there-of. We had several choices to choose from but this Extended Stay America "North" seem to catch our eye because it was close to two different strip malls, but more-so the rooms had a complete kitchen. Full size fridge, two burner (no oven) and a microwave with all the dishes, and pans you need for cooking. This is just one of the features ... the rooms were comfortable, bathrooms were nice size, and most of all it was really clean.

The staff however was one of a different nature ... they were all kind, friendly, and treated you like a person and not a number. It didn't matter if you talked to the cleaning staff, "Mr. Fix It" dude, or even the Manager. The front desk staff was full of information that gave us a lot of incite not only to the town but about the Mayo clinic as well. They didn't rush you through like cattle, and if they had a little extra time they would just talk to you about whatever. As for the pricing, it fitted our budget very nicely. The shuttle we had to take to the clinic wasn't bad and saved us from a whole lot of walking. Front door service the whole bit. They even went a bit out of their way to pick us up at a different spot when we were at St. Mary's Hospital.

In my line of work and travels, you just don't see service like this much less a motel who treats all of their guest with a smile, a twinkle in the eye, and what's more cool is that when you walk in ... doesn't matter what time of the day or night, they always greeted me and asked how my day was. Any concerns I had was promptly taken care of ... and I have to say I had one, and that was "who delivers?"

With all of this said, and no I'm not a paid actor ... I find myself coming back to the Mayo Hospital and already confirmed my stay. This place was a big help to my wife and I. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: This IS the spot to stay
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, January 12, 2013

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed just one night at this hotel and found it to be clean and comfortable. The room was comfortably furnished and I liked having a recliner and a table and chairs. Even with only a one night stay I found it convenient to have a little kitchen area. I just felt a lot better about being able to wash the coffee pot before we used it as so often in other hotels I wonder how they've cleaned the coffee pot that's in the room. The value was great. Of course the furnishing aren't luxurious and you are not paying for luxuries. I was able to borrow a hair dryer from the front desk very quickly without problem. The staff was very friendly. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that our staff was so friendly and accommodating. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Whenever i go to MAYO Clinic at Rochester, MN , I stay at EXTENDED-STAY-NORTH hotel..

Rochester-direct bus from Minneapolis airport will stop at this hotel..
Reasonable prices, reclining couch, kitchen with everything, shuttle bus to Mayo Clinic, rooms for handicapped, cleanliness makes this
hotel a perfect place to stay...

IT A PERFECT PLACE TO STAY...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you have enjoyed your stay so much that you keep coming back to our property. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sandstone, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were on our way from St. Louis, MO after attending a conference and needed to stay over night in Rochester. We decided at the last minute to stay rather than drive back down the next morning as long as we were driving on 52 anyway. We stopped at the Extended Stray America-Rochester-North and so GLAD we did. The people at the Ramada in St. Louis Downtown should take lessons from the staff at the Extended Stay America.
The rooms @ Ramada were ok but if the would see how clean the room was, how great the bed was to sleep on and everything was in working order at Extended Stay they would be put to shame. The same goes for their entire staff!

Only place to stay if you are in this area in my book!

Room Tip: Did not use pool or fitness center so can not commet on those. Any room here would be GREAT!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your great about your stay with us at our Rochester location. It's great to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that our staff was excellent. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I a contractor who travels ro many cities in the midwest and northeast for work. We typically work nights on projects that last from a few days to a few weeks. I look for Extended Stay hotels because they are quiet and offer an apartment like room where I can settle in comfortably. This hotel meets all my expectations in this regard. It is clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at our Extended Stay America Rochester North. It's great to hear that we were able to serve your needs while on your trip as well as great to hear we exceeded your expectations as well. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
North Platte, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stay here each time we come to visit the Mayo clinic... I like the kitchen and the staff is always great. Nothing fancy... but clean, comfortable and great value for the price! There isn't a pool or fitness room, but the kitchen and price make up for that. Close to a Walmart, target, and sams... great place to stay!

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center... but great value for the $.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we are your choice Hotel when you visit Mayo Clinic. Other than the lack of a pool or fitness room it is GREAT to hear we actually made up for your stay with our Kitchens and price. Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I go to Mayo Clinic several times a year and always stay here. I like the room layout, plus the ample kitchenette area that makes it ideal for short or long stays. Easy 10-min drive to Mayo Clinic. A free, convenient courtesy mini-bus service is also available. Very convenient location, with Target and WalMart nearby, plus restaurants and other facilities. Great value and well maintained. Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Three floors, with elevator. Rooms all similar. Specify if non-smoker.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such great comments about your stay with us. It's great to hear that our layout to include the ample kitchen was enough to serve your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - North? Share your experiences!