“Comfortable accommodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 54 Hotels in Rochester
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Comfortable accommodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I a contractor who travels ro many cities in the midwest and northeast for work. We typically work nights on projects that last from a few days to a few weeks. I look for Extended Stay hotels because they are quiet and offer an apartment like room where I can settle in comfortably. This hotel meets all my expectations in this regard. It is clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at our Extended Stay America Rochester North. It's great to hear that we were able to serve your needs while on your trip as well as great to hear we exceeded your expectations as well. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
North Platte, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stay here each time we come to visit the Mayo clinic... I like the kitchen and the staff is always great. Nothing fancy... but clean, comfortable and great value for the price! There isn't a pool or fitness room, but the kitchen and price make up for that. Close to a Walmart, target, and sams... great place to stay!

Room Tip: No pool or fitness center... but great value for the $.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we are your choice Hotel when you visit Mayo Clinic. Other than the lack of a pool or fitness room it is GREAT to hear we actually made up for your stay with our Kitchens and price. Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Virginia Beach, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I go to Mayo Clinic several times a year and always stay here. I like the room layout, plus the ample kitchenette area that makes it ideal for short or long stays. Easy 10-min drive to Mayo Clinic. A free, convenient courtesy mini-bus service is also available. Very convenient location, with Target and WalMart nearby, plus restaurants and other facilities. Great value and well maintained. Friendly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Three floors, with elevator. Rooms all similar. Specify if non-smoker.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such great comments about your stay with us. It's great to hear that our layout to include the ample kitchen was enough to serve your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I liked staying here for my Mayo clinic visit. The price is good and they have a stove you can cook on so you don't always have to eat out. There is a super Target not to far away where you could buy groceries. I will be staying here my next trip to the Mayo clinic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at our Rochester North Location. I'm glad that we are able to serve our Mayo Guests’ needs with our room layouts. It is also great to hear we are able to save you money by providing you with our fully equipped kitchens. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is my second stay with Extended Stay America. Normally I stay with family when in Rochester, but due to changing demographics, a hotel works better. The first time I stayed at Extended Stay south in Rochester. I don't have a whole lot of money and so I needed something affordable. My mother had just died and I had been at her home helping nurse her though the end process. It was chaos, eveyone was stressed and I just needed to be by myself in my own space. I checked into my room and just went ahhhh. It was very comfortable and had everything I needed. I even had to bring laundry because I live in an apartment and normally go to a laundrymat but did not have time to stop and do it and was gateful for the on-site laundry facilities.The staff was very kind and sympathetic when they asked the reason for my stay. Recently I again needed a hotel and was fortunate to stay at the Extended Stay north location. It was the same as the south location. I am a huge fan of Extended Stay hotels as I am more about value and basics than frills. This chain will always be my first choice any time I need a place to stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your GREAT comments. I always appreciate receiving and reading comments from our guests we were able to completely satisfy not once, but many times such as you. It's great to hear that our Laundry Facility layout was able to serve your needs. Even at a time of stress and chaos. It is also great to hear our staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. But mostly. Thank you for being a fan of us. We hope to see you again soon.
Logan, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and will likely be back for a third visit. I highly recommend this hotel when in Rochester for Mayo. The rooms are very clean and they offer a great rate for Mayo visitors/patients. My Dad is at St. Mary's which is only a short 5 minute drive from the hotel. There are plenty of places nearby to get a meal and Wal-Mart and Target are also very close. I have a car when I am there but Rochester also has great public transportation from the Mayo complex of hospitals to everywhere in the city. The hotel also has a Mayo shuttle.

The staff is very accommodating and friendly. The kitchenette is really nice when spending many nights. You can get a variety of food delivered to your room from area restaurants. We recommend the Broadway Bar & Grill - great italian, Five Guys burgers is very close but they don't deliver - still best burger I've ever had. There's also great Chinese carryout nearby.

You can't get better accommodations for the price when coming to Mayo!

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker ask to be placed on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
"I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such review about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. We always strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we hope to see you soon.”
Huntley, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

No blow dryer in bathroom so bring your own. Kitchen wasn't stocked very well. Good A/C unit. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable for the money. Close to lots of restaurants and gas station. Didn't hear any noises so must have well insulated/sound proof walls. Stayed just one night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, September 14, 2012

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - North? Share your experiences!