“Clean and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 53 hotels in Rochester
Huntley, Illinois, United States
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

No blow dryer in bathroom so bring your own. Kitchen wasn't stocked very well. Good A/C unit. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable for the money. Close to lots of restaurants and gas station. Didn't hear any noises so must have well insulated/sound proof walls. Stayed just one night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, September 14, 2012

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Decatur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Extended Stay is a different kind of hotel - it's like having an apartment instead of a traditional hotel room. There's a kitchenette and the rooms are bigger than your standard hotel fare. We visit family in Rochester for about 10 days at least once a year, and this give us a place to be that's more like having our own place than staying in a hotel. There's no breakfast, no frills, but just a nice comfortable place at a very decent price. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean. There's always effort to make everything right.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Corydon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The room and bathroom were spotless; location was easy to get to; kitchen was supplied with necessary equipment; they did not provide wake-up calls; a card was left by the cleaning lady that requested our review as great reviews were placed into a pot and a card was pulled for rewards. We were happy to give her a great review. No breakfast was provided, as expected. Adequate parking and lot was well lit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I just finished a month-long stay here - I was working in the area and this is the hotel my company picked. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was spacious for one person and relatively clean, although the carpeting was stained and the floor in the kitchen had cracked linoleum. The kitchen was fine, but if you are planning on doing much cooking you will want to bring a better knife and some utensils (my room had 1 steak-like knife and a spatula along with 2 sets of silverware, plates, cups and plastic glasses (cafeteria style). My room was very quiet, I was in a room next to the elevator and was concerned about this because I would be sleeping during the day, however, I had no problems and was not at all disturbed by any noises. They were very proud of the new 32" flat screen tvs in all the rooms, but chanel selection is minimal. My biggest complaint was the bed - it was rock hard. I had to purchase a foam mattress cover to even attempt to get some good sleep. Also, hotels really have to put their smoking areas away from the building! When the window was open, there was always the smell of smoke from outside!

Room Tip: If you have real issues with smoke, ask for a room away from any outdsed doors. Also, bring your own...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff and thoughts on the room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us.

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family stayed for a few days while in a very complicated relocation to Rochester. This hotel surpassed my expectations! The staff were incredibly friendly and made me feel as much at home as possible (given the circumstances). The room was clean and comfortable and the kitchen was simple, yet adequete for our needs. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Mandan, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We were staying in Rochester for medical reasons and the staff at this hotel made that stay great. They welcome you with open arms and make you feel like family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - North, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

Anchorage, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I cant find south so I am going through North. Kathleen was exceptional above beyond duty went out and bought shakes she thought would help with my illness from the store. Tiny Mary even gave me a little going away gift/card from her and staff. (little mary was amazing as well level of compassion these women showed was great) There was also Theresa, another Mary and Polly who showed great customer service. We are already scheduled to come back in september thanks to these wonderful ladies We stayed 6.5 weeks. Duane and Doris Clausen

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - North? Share your experiences!