“Dirty room, missing essentials and extremely rude staff” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Dirty room, missing essentials and extremely rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the hotel for one night this week when I was in town for a job interview.
I changed rooms three times, and each room was dirtier than the next. The room I finally settled in after a long day of travel had dirty sheets, dirty towels, hairs and stains in both the shower and the sink. They tried to charge me an additional $15/night because I didn't want a handicap room.

The carpet in the room and in the hallways was stained and there were food remnants on the carpet inside of the room.

I began to take a shower the next morning and noticed there was no shampoo in the shower, or on the sink. I called the front office/desk and was told shampoo is not standard in the room and that I was supposed to request it upon check in. How was I supposed to know this?

I've stayed at hotels in third world countries that have shampoo, but not here.

I asked if someone could please bring a bottle of shampoo to the room, and I was told no --- that they don't do that.

After the shower, I noticed there was no lotion, nor a hair dryer, nor any dirty laundry bags.
I called the front office/desk again. I was told the hotel does not have lotion or laundry bags, but I could have a garbage bag. They said someone would bring a hair dryer to the room. 30 minutes later, no one ever showed up. I called the desk /office again and was told they couldn’t find one.

I don’t think asking for a clean room with shampoo is asking for too much. But on top of the unsanitary conditions, lack of amenities, the staff was exceptionally rude.

One would think that a hotel that has so many guests seeking treatment at a hospital (Mayo) would be a little bit more careful about cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

We stayed there four nights while visiting the Mayo Clinic and I can't say enough about it. The staff were all very nice and accommodating. The room was very clean. They have a shuttle to the clinic that runs every hour free of charge. We will definitely stay again for any return trips.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

This was a great hotel to stay at for a trip to the Mayo Clinc. Very helpful and very friendly! A great kitchen to cook and a full size refrigerator and freezer. The breakfast was grab and go - just something quick to have on the FREE shuttle to Mayos.
Thank you so much for making our stay a little better! :)

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that we could make your stay a little bit better and that you enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015

We had to travel to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and chose to stay at this hotel. At the last minute notice, we had to leave out a day early and arrive there one day before our reservation. Jayla and the staff there accomodated us and immediately made us feel at home. I have no complaints at all. Where I live, service is what matters. When staff goes above and beyond to care for the customer, this should not go unnoticed. If only more establishments would extend this type of service. We both thank the staff for your hospitality and if returning to Mayo, will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the service provided by our great staff. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I'm happy that we succeeded in that mission. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

The hotel was nice when you walked into the lobby. However room did not have any pots or pans, silverware, glasses or eating utensils. When we finally received glasses they were plastic. Couldn't cook the entire time we were there because no pots or utensils so had to eat out every night. When we asked for toilet paper could only get one roll at a time. The experience was not a good one. Bring your own dishes if you plan to cook or eat in.

• Stayed November 2014
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014 via mobile

Overall, this wasn't a bad place to spend a night. Not overly comfortable, but I was just looking for a place to crash while visiting someone in the hospital. The front desk service was friendly. Hotel is tough to get to, need GPS to find your way.

• Stayed November 2014
Hebron, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2014

Great place to stay if you don't want to pay twice the price for fitness center and hot breakfast. Friendly staff and only hotel in Rochester that still has smoking rooms available. Clean rooms and comfortable beds.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and that we were able to accommodate you with a smoking room. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - South? Share your experiences!