“Everything you need” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
West Buxton, Maine
“Everything you need”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Clean, neat and with everything you need to stay. Whether that's for a night or much longer. This is a basic hotel, but well taken care of and very clean. The bathroom was in excellent shape. The only minor complaint I would have was that for me, the bed was too firm. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others as a convenient, quiet and clean place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean, quiet room and our convenient location. Still, I do want to apologize for the firmness of our beds.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have stayed at a lot of motels/hotels over the years that we have been going to the Mayo Clinic. We have stayed at the Extended Stay - North, and even a place right across the street from the clinic for $100 night. Three years ago we tried Extended Stay America-South and are glad that we did. The staff is always friendly and the place is very clean!! It was almost half price than what we paid at the place across the street! We never had a shuttle problem either, all went very well.

So we have now stayed there three years in a row and will continue to do so. The rooms are great and has sink, refridge, microwave and all that one would need.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such awesome things about the entire team. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with a great room at a great rate. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to you doing so again for a fourth year!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The room was clean and the price wasn't bad, although as with any Extended Stay there isn't much housekeeping once you arrive. TV cable package was minimal, with fewer channels than I've seen in almost every other hotel. Room had an OK mini-kitchen but was otherwise minimal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments about your clean room; however, I am sorry that our television channel selection did not meet your expectations. We will keep your remarks in mind as we are always working to improve our offerings.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Polk City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After spending 2 months in Florida, it was necessary for me to return to Mayo Clinic again for more surgery. We've stayed at this Extended Stay over the past 12 months every month except the 2 months I've been in Florida. While in Florida, I get my cancer treatments at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL and stay at a very nice Extended Stay in Jacksonville....I've reviewed it and I like the Jacksonville Extended Stay almost as much as this Extended Stay. But the difference is, the staff at this Extended Stay really is excellent! The hotel is so consistent in it's quality, it is always clean, always efficiently run, always quiet. This trip made the 3rd time I had to return to Mayo for surgery and I've stayed at this hotel each time. This is the perfect place to stay if you are a Mayo patient. The staff is always extremely flexible with the special needs that sometimes arise for us patients. The staff makes sure the hotel is kept quiet, and very well run. I spent 3 1/2 weeks at this hotel during this stay to recover from my surgery. This was my first stay in over 12 stays at this hotel where we had little barking dogs next to our room. We love dogs but NOT 2 yapping little dogs who yapped all day while their owners were gone (probably to Mayo themselves). We made 1 phone call to the front desk about the dogs and were quickly told the hotel had very strict rules regarding pets, no pets in the elevators and definitely NO barking dogs in the hotel. Then we were told the hotel clerk would CALL the owners to have them address their pets ASAP. That was it....no more barking dogs for the remainder of our stay. Now that to me is very fast, efficient, good customer service! This hotel is great, the staff is even better and if you need a home away from home while visiting Mayo be sure to stay here. But please DO NOT bring your dogs, you love your dogs and that is great, but for those of us who are going through some of the toughest days of our lives and with the help of the wonderful staff at Mayo will hopefully live a little longer. Please be courteous and stay somewhere else if you have pets! Sorry....but it is the truth.

Room Tip: 3RD floor has smokers in 1/2 of the rooms....a little smokey up there
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Thank you for all your kind words and letting us know that we're taking great care of all our guests. We are very thankful for your feedback.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at RST@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
Terre Haute, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our recent trip to Mayo Clinic was something we were not looking forward to. There are numerous hotels to choose from in the Rochester area. We picked Extended Stay South because they offered convenience, a kitchen, privacy and were very easy to work with on our rates. We are grateful that we choose Extended Stay South. They lived up to every claim they advertise. We will defenitely recommend to everyone and if we have to return to the Rochester area, we WILL choose them again.

Room Tip: We had to pick the first floor due to health issues, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bill - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind words about my staff. It pleases us to know that we were able to offer you great service and a great location.

If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at RST@extendedstay.com. We look forward to having you visit us again!
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is only the second time I've booked through Hotwire and didn't realize that, by doing so, you are only guaranteed a single bed. The hotel said I would have to pay an additional $15 to get two double beds (for my teenage son and myself). I was a bit dismayed, but it was paid for, so we didn't have a choice. I booked it through Hotwire to save money, I wasn't going to pay more. I ended up sleeping in the reclining chair. Have YOU ever tried sleeping with a gangly teenage boy?! The room was clean, the linens on the bed seemed VERY small for a queen (wouldn't have covered two peopel without a lot of tugging), no papertowel in the kitchen, rough paper products in bathroom, no hairdryer, not even complimentary shampoo. The "continential" breakfast was packaged granola bars/muffins, whole fruit and coffee. I will definitely look for another hotel in Rochester and have now been advised about "bed policy" (very disappointed). We were also awakened by extremely loud neighbors at 1:45 am, yelling racial slurs at one another and hitting the wall. {yawn} I'm tired and wish I had booked (and paid for) the better hotel right across the parking lot - at least I KNOW the type of service and comfort I would have received there! Next time.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor near the parking lot - especially 114 or 116, you will hear peo...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that our services were not properly explained to you. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we will review our booking regulations to ensure our guests are properly educated when booking on line. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here a few days when I came into town on business. The room and the grounds are clean and well kept. The room had the basic ammenites including room service. All rooms have small kitchens with full size refrigerator, small stove top, microwave, coffee pot, toaster, dishes, silverware and a few cooking pans and utensils. The property was very quiet which was nice. It is at the south end of town and fairly close to the airport. For a clean inexpensive place to stay this place is a good choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Rochester, MN. It is great to hear that you were very pleased with our hotel including our grounds and amenities offered. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit Rochester.

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - South? Share your experiences!