“trip to rochester,mn mayo clinic appointments” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #22 of 53 hotels in Rochester
Port Richey, Florida
“trip to rochester,mn mayo clinic appointments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Friendly staff when we checked in. Had clinic appointments at Mayo and our kids live about 5 mins away from the hotel. We were there for close to 3 weeks and would stay there again. Nice to be close to Target and some nice restaurants. Our room was cleaned every Monday which was a bonus and if we needed extra towels or anything,the front desk staff were there to meet our needs.
Thanks for making us feel at home!!!
Janet from Florida !!!

Room Tip: corner suite was large and sunny...would request that same room if available. Did have some noise in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that we were located so close to all of the places you were looking for. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future...

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

stayed here during october 2012. great place to stay during visits to mayo clinic or short stay at rochester.Have decent kitchen , and kitchenwares, we were able to save some money and cook our own dinner.The room was clean enough and service was great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us at our Extended Stay America Rochester South. It's great to hear that we were able to serve your needs while on your trip to visit Mayo Clinic. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Twin Cities, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Friendly staff at check-in and departure. The room was spotless and the stay was peaceful. Liked having an in-room microwave, because it made it easy to settle in for the night. Very convenient to the airport hosting the training I attended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your stay at our Rochester location. I am so pleased to hear that your room was spotless as well as peaceful. I am also pleased to hear the amenities in the Kitchen served your needs. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Bridgeport, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 days and nights at this facility while I was seeking treatment at the Mayo Clinic. With all the chaos involved of the medical process, the suite we had provided a place of quiet sanctuary when it was needed most. We found the hotel extremely clean, quiet, and the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. The cost was minimal the service priceless.

Room Tip: we booked our room sight unseen and had no regrets, it is a quiet hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear that we were able to provide you a sanctuary at a time when it was needed the most. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I have been staying at this hotel for a couple days each month for the past 4 months due to my medical treatment at Mayo's. We have experienced great service, friendliness, efficiency and kindness from every member of the staff. We have NOT met one incompetent staff member yet. The staff are NOT just nice to us, my husband and I have seen the hotel staff go above and beyond to be efficient, helpful and yes kind a number of times to other guests. This is a clean, quite, efficiently run hotel. All the beds in the hotel were replaced the day after we arrived this month. The kitchenettes are kept clean and the hotel smells good too, no regular musty, smoky hotel smell most hotels have. Unfortunately, my medical condition will require us to stay for 30 days this month. I say unfortunately, because I am seriously ill but fortunately this is a good hotel to stay while in town and we are grateful for the wonderful staff. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Every room we've had in the last 4 months has been clean, good smelling, carpeting, bedding and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Eleal, Manager at Extended Stay America - Rochester - South, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
"It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way,"" and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Faribault, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had to book a last minute hotel. I chose Hotwire and this was the hotel I was booked into. I couldn't believe it. Clean property, friendly staff, most of all clean room. Downfall was no breakfast offered. Bed was very firm.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Plano, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We picked this hotel for the price and the available kitchen so my wife and I could save money on food. Preferring to cook our own meals instead of eating at restaurants. That was the ONLY good thing about this place.
The beds are so hard and uncomfortable it's like lying on a large sheet of slightly padded plywood. The hallways and rooms have an odd odor. The carpets are stained. The hotel construction is so shoddy that one can clearly hear the person upstairs walking around in their room.
I made my reservation online for the SOUTH hotel but was billed for 2 nights as a no-show at the NORTH hotel until I checked my account and brought this to management's attention.
I could go on about this shoddy hotel but a few choice words are better:

AVOID STAYING AT THIS OR ANY OTHER Extended PAIN America! You'll thank me for this review.

Room Tip: Stay at a better hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that you had an unpleasant experience with us. I want you to note that since your review we have gone through an upgrade to all of our beds and soon we will be working on upgrading many other areas of our Hotel. Please accept my apology. In regards to the billing issue please contact me at eleal@extendedstay.com to discuss a resolution to this. Also, to make sure this doesn't happen again, I am reviewing our billing procedures with our Team. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me again at eleal@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Rochester - South? Share your experiences!