“Convenient, clean, reasonably priced” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fiksdal Hotel and Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rochester
The Fiksdal Hotel and Suites
You added The Fiksdal Hotel and Suites to your Saves list
1215 2nd Street SW, Rochester, MN 55902   |
Special Rate
$89 First Night!
Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Convenient, clean, reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed at the Fiksdal for 6 nights while my mother was hospitalized. It is right across the street from St Mary's, which is super convenient for coming and going any time of the day, especially with a 4 yr old who needed naps. The room was clean, had a window view and kitchenette, which was also very nice. The evening cookies were a special treat! Very affordable in terms of surrounding hotel prices and special rates for people there for hospital or clinic service reasons. We will definitely stay there again and recommend to others!

Room Tip: 6th floor was quite warm. If you like it cooler would ask for lower level room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting family at St Mary's hospital. It is literally 30 steps from hotel to hospital. This is an older hotel without a lot of frills, but it is very clean and the front desk staff is extremely friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing a place to stay near the hospital

Room Tip: Dogs are allowed on the 6th floor for an additional fee
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Canby, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

The only hesitation I have in writing about my experience is the fear that they will be completely booked when I need to stay there again! I stayed for three weeks and the location of the room they gave me - no windows, complete privacy and quiet - was perfect for what I needed. I can not begin to describe the kindness I received and observed from the staff. One of the young men cleaning rooms on my floor took the time from his busy day to listen to a customer next to me who just needed someone to talk about in regards to her family member's health. You can't buy that kind of service. No pool, no restaurant? No freaking problem...

Room Tip: My room (309) was perfect because of the health issues I was having. I would normally have wanted t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Sioux City, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed at the Fiksdal Hotel so far on two separate occasions recently. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. It is approximately 35 steps to St Mary's Hospital. Fantastic restaurants on the same block. We will be going back to Rochester in a couple weeks and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. Love this place!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Ankeny IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed at Fiksdal Hotel for 4 nights while a family member was in St, Mary's Hospital. This is the 2nd time I have stayed here (1st was 2010), and I have to say, this experience was different and not as good. For one thing, the room does not have an air conditioner. The room was very hot all night and there is no way of changing the temp. I had 2 fans in the room which helped, but not alot. The bathroom where the shower is is about the size of an airplane bathroom and is very cramped. The breakfast is very good, and the hotel staff WAS very friendly, which was a plus. It was also located right across the street from ST Mary's, which helped. I stayed on the 4th floor the first 3 nights and the 6th floor the last night> I would stay on 6 if you are going to stay there, no one above you and the room temps seem cooler. All in all for the price, not a bad hotel but there are better.

Room Tip: Get a room that ends in 01 or 02, because anything else has windows that look in to the hall, then o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
fiksdalhotel, General Manager at The Fiksdal Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear reviewman97,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Fiksdal Hotel. We are sorry you felt that your room was too warm – our air conditioning is now on and flowing nicely, and I’m sorry it wasn’t on during your stay. I’m so glad that you enjoyed our free continental breakfast as well as our location. I have also let our staff know that you enjoyed their friendly service – thank you for providing candid feedback. We value your input, and we hope that the next time you’re in Rochester, we can have the opportunity to serve you again.
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I chose the Fiksdal because it is right across the Street from St. Mary's and I could easily go back and forth to the hospital at any hour. The staff were very accomodating. They provided a recliner for my husband to sleep in when he was released from the hospital. The breakfast room attendant was cheerful and diligent about restocking food items. The housekeeping staff kept the room very clean. They even provided cookies in the evening.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband has had three trips to the Mayo Clinic and St Mary's Hospital since October, and I originally selected the Fiksdal because it was across the street from St. Mary's and reasonably priced. After the first visit, I did not hesitate to stay there again. Reasons: Sixth floor rooms have big windows and look out to downtown area. For exercise I walked the open stairwells with outdoor views for my exercise especially nice alternative in the extreme weather. The free paper and cookies at 7 pm and the friendly, helpful staff at the front desk also added to a pleasant experience. Free services also include easy, WIFI and handy breakfast when in a hurry. (also great Caribou coffee shop one block away and next door Canadian Honkers Friday night music and hearty breakfasts).
Shuttles and buses are so convenient for downtown when weather too chilly to walk. Highly recommend Chesters and Doubletree Pescara Restaurant for lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: Enjoy an open view on the sixth floor and it also gives you the option to wak the stairs.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Fiksdal Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!