“A Wonderful Place to Stay :-))” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #17 of 55 Hotels in Rochester
Saint Michael, Minnesota
“A Wonderful Place to Stay :-))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel probably 100 times over the past several years and I'm always impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel, the friendly and knowledgeable staff, and one of the BEST complimentary breakfasts EVER!
I will continue to use this facility for business and for pleasure as it is also convieniently located in a very nice area of MN, perfect for motorcycle riding!

Room Tip: Smoking and non-smoking rooms available! Nice option.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff offered great customer service. Thank you for the kind words regarding the breakfast, I will be sure to pass along your comments to the breakfast staff.

Michelle Steffl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

With an appointment at the Mayo Clinic, we chose a hotel on the edge of town to save money because we did not know how long we would in Rochester. When checking in, the front desk attendant asked if we were visiting Rochester to visit the Mayo Clinic and then gave us a discounted rate immediately. The only concern that I had after room price was traffic to the Clinic, which turned out to be only five minutes door to door at seven in the morning. The hotel also provided a shuttle to and from the clinic. The hotel indoor pool was open 24/7 for the guests convenience. The hotel is located across the street from a mall, which provided shopping and restaurants. Our room was clean and quiet and there is a complimentary breakfast.

We know exactly what to expect when we book a room at any Country Inn & Suites. We have stayed at other Country Inn & Suites and they are all the same. They are always a consistent value for our visits. If you are looking for a fancy high-end hotel, book elsewhere, but we think Country Inn & Suites is always a great value!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations regarding our location and the amenities we offer. We hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Had a 3 night reservation while going to Mayo Clinic. Needed to stay two more nights but they were booked up. They called their other hotel and got us a room for two nights, complimentary first night and upgraded the room for the same price, Great job Country Inn! Will definitely stay here when I return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to find you accommodations when we were full. I hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Marcellus, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Our room was a little worn-looking and partially painted (furniture moved/removed?) but all in all a decent place for a good nights sleep. Parking lot was well-lit and seemed safe. Not far off the highway, and staff was helpful and pleasant

• Stayed July 2012
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am happy to hear that you got a good night's rest during your stay with us. I would like to apologize that the condition of your guest room was in need of some renovation. We are looking forward to a renovation to all of our guest rooms later this year. I hope you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We are seniors who travel a lot. We seen many places that are real dumps, but this place is an excellent place for the money!!!

We stayed at the south location during a bicycling trip to Root River bike trails. The breakfast was excellent! Well worth the couple of extra of bucks over the cheaper places. Also, there were AAA and AARP discounts online.reservations.

The pool was cool but nice. We plan to stay there again when we are in Rochester, MN.

Room Tip: Its a tricky to get to the hotel. However, its located on the main shopping strip. A mile up and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that using the countryinns.com website was user friendly and had the discounts available you were looking for. We hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Buffalo MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have always enjoyed Country Inn and Suites, but never again! I needed to change the date of my reservation by one day (three weeks ahead of time), but received the message that I couldn't do that - my reservation had been pre-paid. All efforts at trying to actually talk to someone failed.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites, Rochester South, MN. I would like to apologize that your reservation was not able to be changed due to the third party rules and restrictions that they place on these reservations. I can understand your frustrations regarding this issue and appreciate your feedback. I hope you will consider staying with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed at the hotel while attending appointments at the Mayo Clinic. The staff was very helpful, friendly and courteous. The hotel was clean as were the rooms and bathrooms. We were very pleased and would stay here again if we return to Rochester MN.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Rocsouth, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Rochester South, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences about your recent stay with us at the Country Inn & Suites Rochester South, MN. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to our area.

Michelle Steffl

Been to Country Inn & Suites Rochester South? Share your experiences!