“Rochester, MN” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN

You added Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4323 Highway 52 N.W. Frontage Rd., Rochester, MN 55901-4154   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Rochester
Lenexa, Kansas
“Rochester, MN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Really liked the location as it was close to family. It was clean, the beds great, and a wonderful complimentary breakfast. The whirlpool was down though. There was a loud sound that would come and go during the evening. It sounded like a big generator or another piece of equipment outside of the suite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I only stayed here for one night but found this hotel to be very nice, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast selection was good. I would stay here with my family in the future. Staff members were always available and attentive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This facility is badly in need of some "country care". There was a time when this chain would have been our 1st choice. However, over the years the competition has left them in the dust of a badly rutted country road.

Lack of cleanliness of the room was most disappointing. In addition, to a badly stained bathroom, the TV program card was covered with nasal discharge. The carpet was old and stained and bedding had holes.

The front desk left much to be desired. When inquiring about possible dinning suggestions the "young" lady's 2 suggestions given in a "whatever" response was made without her eyes ever leaving the computer. Finally, when presenting the TV program card to the "young" man the following morning he failed to acknowledge any concern or potential action to the departing guests.

Country Inn & Suites, good-by old friend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Rochester C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Guest feedback is a powerful training tool and without it we could not get better. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the experience you had with the cleanliness of your room. I also want to apologize for the lack of assistance from our front desk staff. I assure you that I will be talking to my staff to resolve these problems and hope that you may give us another chance the next time you are in the Rochester area. Sincerely, Jeff A General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Our opinion is the hotel is in need of better management. We stayed two nights and our beds were not fixed and coffee was not replenished in the room. Our biggest disappointment was the breakfast room. It was very small and unorganized. The employee in charge of it was not friendly and appeared to be overwhelmed by her responsibilities. Breakfast was advertised to be open until 10:30, we were down there by nine and several items were already gone and it was very messy. The real coffee cups were all dirty and none of the tables were wiped off. When we left the breakfast employee was outside smoking. With all the other hotels to pick from in Rochester, stay clear of this one!

• Stayed July 2013
Rochester C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Guest feedback is a powerful training tool and without it we could not get better. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the experience you had during our breakfast hours. I also want to apologize that your beds were not made and your coffee wasn't replenished. I assure you that I will be talking to my staff to resolve these problems and hope that you may give us another chance the next time you are in the Rochester area.

Jeff A
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

After staying the previous night at an overpriced hotel that was terrible, we hoped for the best with this one. We were not disappointed. The welcoming decor and staff were all that hotels should be. The hotel is 3/4 newly renovated. We requested a corner room on an upper floor by an exit, and received exactly that. Unfortunately, in a short while our air conditioner began to leak. Our staff person came up personally to look over the problem, and immediately showed us to another room. He personally checked THAT air conditioner and everything else in the room to be sure that everything was perfect. It was. This hotel offered a nice breakfast, with one caveat. Do NOT use the syrup! It was glue! I thought it was just one package, but several were the same way. You could literally turn it upside down and nothing came out. If you spread it with a knife, it st-r-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out into a big sticky sheet! Weird. Otherwise, the food was fine. When we visit my brother again, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Palm Bay, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Although the Country Inn is not in the heart of Rochester, they provide shuttle service into downtown area & Mayo facilities as well. Rooms are adaquate and comfortable. Breakfast is standard - nothing special. Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Ronald,

We are happy to see you were pleased with your stay at the Country Inn and Suites. We are glad you enjoyed our complementary shuttle to the downtown area. Hopefully next time you stay we can change your mind and make the breakfast special.

Thanks for the review,

Jeff Amundson
nebraska/cabo rojo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Country Inn & Suites is my favorite motel. It is a Carlson chain out of Minneapolis. I was in Rochester for a physical at Mayo. I did have a brief scare at check-in. My name was not in the computer and they had no available rooms. It turned out that the person I spoke with to make the reservation had logged it under my first name (David). As always the room was excellent and bed very comfortable. I thought that the buffet breakfast was under the usual standard. The eggs and bacon were horrible and there were no boiled eggs. Guess I will try oatmeal tomorrow. They have a jar of cookies on the check-in counter and I had not eaten all day so it was appreciated. By the way, I arrived around 7:30 AM, parked and caught the shuttle to Mayo so I did not have to find or pay for parking. I have a handicap room and it is good size with free wi-fi and a nice tv that must get 100 to 150 channels.

Room Tip: I have a problem getting in and out of bath tubs so I always request a handicap room. Often they ar...