“Be Careful! Stay elsewhere.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4323 Highway 52 N.W. Frontage Rd., Rochester, MN 55901-4154   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #26 of 53 hotels in Rochester
“Be Careful! Stay elsewhere.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Our opinion is the hotel is in need of better management. We stayed two nights and our beds were not fixed and coffee was not replenished in the room. Our biggest disappointment was the breakfast room. It was very small and unorganized. The employee in charge of it was not friendly and appeared to be overwhelmed by her responsibilities. Breakfast was advertised to be open until 10:30, we were down there by nine and several items were already gone and it was very messy. The real coffee cups were all dirty and none of the tables were wiped off. When we left the breakfast employee was outside smoking. With all the other hotels to pick from in Rochester, stay clear of this one!

• Stayed July 2013
Rochester C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Guest feedback is a powerful training tool and without it we could not get better. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I apologize for the experience you had during our breakfast hours. I also want to apologize that your beds were not made and your coffee wasn't replenished. I assure you that I will be talking to my staff to resolve these problems and hope that you may give us another chance the next time you are in the Rochester area.

Jeff A

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

After staying the previous night at an overpriced hotel that was terrible, we hoped for the best with this one. We were not disappointed. The welcoming decor and staff were all that hotels should be. The hotel is 3/4 newly renovated. We requested a corner room on an upper floor by an exit, and received exactly that. Unfortunately, in a short while our air conditioner began to leak. Our staff person came up personally to look over the problem, and immediately showed us to another room. He personally checked THAT air conditioner and everything else in the room to be sure that everything was perfect. It was. This hotel offered a nice breakfast, with one caveat. Do NOT use the syrup! It was glue! I thought it was just one package, but several were the same way. You could literally turn it upside down and nothing came out. If you spread it with a knife, it st-r-r-e-t-c-h-e-d out into a big sticky sheet! Weird. Otherwise, the food was fine. When we visit my brother again, this is where I'll stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Palm Bay, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Although the Country Inn is not in the heart of Rochester, they provide shuttle service into downtown area & Mayo facilities as well. Rooms are adaquate and comfortable. Breakfast is standard - nothing special. Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Ronald,

We are happy to see you were pleased with your stay at the Country Inn and Suites. We are glad you enjoyed our complementary shuttle to the downtown area. Hopefully next time you stay we can change your mind and make the breakfast special.

Thanks for the review,

Jeff Amundson
nebraska/cabo rojo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Country Inn & Suites is my favorite motel. It is a Carlson chain out of Minneapolis. I was in Rochester for a physical at Mayo. I did have a brief scare at check-in. My name was not in the computer and they had no available rooms. It turned out that the person I spoke with to make the reservation had logged it under my first name (David). As always the room was excellent and bed very comfortable. I thought that the buffet breakfast was under the usual standard. The eggs and bacon were horrible and there were no boiled eggs. Guess I will try oatmeal tomorrow. They have a jar of cookies on the check-in counter and I had not eaten all day so it was appreciated. By the way, I arrived around 7:30 AM, parked and caught the shuttle to Mayo so I did not have to find or pay for parking. I have a handicap room and it is good size with free wi-fi and a nice tv that must get 100 to 150 channels.

Room Tip: I have a problem getting in and out of bath tubs so I always request a handicap room. Often they ar...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Extremely helpful, friendly staff. Very quiet, comfortable rooms. Outstanding free hot breakfast. Pool area was exceptionally clear and well maintained. I made a mistake with my online reservation, completely my fault. The manager spent over 30 minutes on the phone to make certain I was not doubled billed. The staff were all very welcoming and determined to see that guests were satisfied. Prices were very reasonable. We will absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Minnesnowta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were at Mayo for a day appointment, but unfortunately needed unanticipated care that went til after 6 pm with a follow up at 6:15 am the next day. Thus, we elected to stay over at Country Inn rather than make another round trip from the Cities. We were very pleased with the accomodations. Our room was spotless, comfortable, well-maintained and quiet, with a good view from our third floor suite. We thought the bed great. There is a very small, shallow pool that is a little lacking for serious swimming, but a very nice hot tub. The exercise room was also small and limited, but provided an outlet for an adequate work out as it was otherwise unused when we called on it. The complimentary breakfast was very adequate. Although it included preformed eggs, it also had an OK chicken patty, waffles, fresh fruit and the customary accompaniments. The coffee, though, is kept in thermos and was either old, just warm or empty both in the late evening and early morning the day of our visit. We needed some complimentary toiletries due to our unanticipated stay and he did rustle up some items. The hotel is also located very close to a major shopping mall area with franchise dining and other food choices as well as a Target and other mall stores. We would certainly consider this a good choice in Rochester, MN, especially for the attractive rate we secured.

Room Tip: Pretty good choice for Rochester and good Mayo access via Hgy 52.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Breezy Point, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very nice. Quiet rooms. Clean facility. Sidewalks were shoveled, free of snow. Parking lot was plowed and well maintained. Close to food and shopping. Excellent free breakfast. New favorite for Rochester, Mn. Free shuttle to Mayo Clinic and special Mayo Clinic rates. Gas stations are almost next door.

Room Tip: No Hockey kids.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN? Share your experiences!