“Very Accommodating Staff with Comfortable Rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4323 Highway 52 N.W. Frontage Rd., Rochester, MN 55901-4154   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #21 of 54 Hotels in Rochester
Illinois
“Very Accommodating Staff with Comfortable Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We found this motel to have a very accommodating staff, they were professional, willing to please and always a sincere smile. The breakfast was excellent, they replenished the breakfast serving area until after the announced stopping time not to run out of an item. Cookies were always in the cookie jar and fruit was always at the check-in desk along with the coffee. I rated them excellent even though of wear on the carpet but I can accept that and the rooms were clean. I used the shuttle service to Mayo Clinic and I found this free service saved me $11.00 parking fee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cable, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I admit that when Price Line had a deal going with this hotel chain I thought I got a great deal. The hotel looks nice on the outside, though the inside lobby area is small and it doesn't look like a 3 star hotel. I went to my room and it was a smaller room than any 3 star I'd been in, the same with the bathroom. I gave it my white glove test and it didn't pass. There was dust in quite a few places....maybe I'm weird but when I find this stuff and mold growing in the tile in the bathroom I always wonder if the toilet seat has been sanitized. The pool was near the lobby though I don't think there was room for another person in there. Kids were running around everywhere though by 10 it was nice and quiet.
I talked to the staff that was on duty all 3 shifts and all of them were indifferent and definitely not people persons. There was a restaurant within a block and some drive throughs fairly close but were not to any of my liking. I always like to stay at a place where a restaurant is in the place or a short walk away.
With all said and done it didn't matter that I got a great deal, but I've stayed at MOST 2 Star motels that are nicer, larger rooms, and staff's that are people persons. When the staff isn't nice it just puts a sour note on the whole deal. "It's not even worth half the price"

Room Tip: The motel is far enough from the freeway so the road noise isn't loud. I would just ask not to...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear John,

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the issues you encountered with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Hana Anderson
Assistant General Manager
Country Inn & Suites Rochester
Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed in a two room suite and it was arranged strangely - sort of a long room. Things were well-worn and there was water damage on the ceiling. We were not next to the pool but could still hear all the noises from kids playing in the pool area. And the lights outside disrupted our sleep. The people were helpful about checking us in but it was really just an average hotel. If you're going to Mayo, you might look for the new Holiday Inn on Broadway. The Country Inns is a bit of a trek to Mayo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street and pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. I don’t believe this review is for the correct hotel. The Rochester Country Inn and Suites North, does not offer a two bedroom suite. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, should you find yourself in the area again, we invite you to stay at the Rochester Country Inn and Suites North.

Hana Anderson

Assistant General Manager
Council Bluffs, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have reviewed this hotel in the past, and it has been a good choice for the money. This stay was significantly worse than any other stay. Upon check-in, we were informed that a company was steam cleaning the entire hotel. The lobby smelled quite strongly of whatever chemical used to clean and was very unpleasant. Due to allergies, I requested our room not be cleaned until after our stay. We thought our room was relatively clean. The next morning we left for a trip to Minneapolis. Upon our return eight hours later, our room had not been cleaned, but the blankets were thrown over the top of the beds. No trash was emptied, the bathroom was not clean, the sheets were not even straightened. On top of it all, we found medication that did not belong to us on the floor of our room near the bathroom. This is quite disturbing since we have a small child. I informed the front desk of the medication and the general state of our room. The front desk offered us a new room, but the new room had been cleaned that day. The carpet was still very wet, so the room was quite humid and smelled strongly. We asked to not stay in that room. Our PTAC unit did not efficiency cool the room and was very loud. When I talked to the front desk the next morning about this, the lady was very dismissive of my problems and offered no solution. I tried to contact corporate when we arrived home on Monday (Memorial Day) and to-date have received no response. I would not stay at this property given the lack of cleanliness and response to my issues.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rochester C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. It is very important for the hotel to receive feedback in order to improve the guests overall experience. I also want to apologize for the issues you dealt with and I am sorry that we did not get a chance to speak during your stay with us.

The items found in your room are unacceptable and we have addressed them with our housekeeping team. I have also discussed the issues with the front desk staff and have made sure that the communication with housekeeping, as well as the carpet cleaners, is very prompt and clearly understood. I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to improve our operations in the hope you do stay at our property again in the future.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I called to book one Saturday night stay. They said ok, it would be $129 + tax. She put me on hold to start the booking process. When she came on the line, she indicated she was required to book a minimum of 2 nights for that weekend at $116+ tax a night. One night was not available. When I questioned her why 10 minutes ago one night was available and now it's not, she said didn't know why but the computer wouldn't let her book just 1 night. Confused by this, I hung up and called Comfort Inn on Brandel Rd. I was able to book one night at $90+ tax. Call Comfort Inn on Brandel at 507.289.3344

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Rochester C, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I apologize our front desk staff was not made aware prior to your call that we had a two night minimum stay that weekend due to a special event. We have taken steps to be sure our front desk staff members are fully informed of any restrictions we may have to avoid situations like this in the future. We hope you give us a chance to make things right and try the Country Inn & Suites Rochester again next time you find yourself in the area.
Aledo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We greatly enjoyed our stay at Country Inn & Suites at Rochester, South for twelve nights
during March! Extraordinary staff/service, and most helpful at all times! What a pleasure
to have a very clean and very quiet room. Country Inn and Suites is truly "home away from home",
and that is so great when you have clinic appointments, and you feel like you are "home"
when you return to this great property! We highly recommend this property to anyone
visiting the Rochester, MN area! Also, the breakfast is most delicious, and the shuttle service
is always on time. What a lovely property, and super staff/service!!!! P.S. Loved the cookies!!!!

Room Tip: All great rooms!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed here for a two nights March 21-23. The room was clean and comfortable with new flat screens and delicious smelling Pantene shampoo and Vaseline lotion. I think this is the first time I actually bought a product based on a free sample!

The only downside is the people that want a complimentary cookie and don't use the tongs and instead touch several cookies before getting the one they want. Yuck.

The front desk was really helpful and Country Inn has a great points redemption program unlike some others.

Easy to navigate to the Mayo from here and close to Target and other of our favorites like Chipotle and Panera.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Rochester, MN? Share your experiences!