“Sleep Number beds were pleasant” 4 of 5 stars

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7320 Airport View Dr. SW, Rochester, MN 55902   |
Ranked #23 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Colorado
“Sleep Number beds were pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed in this hotel a couple times back when it was a Sleep Inn, so by now it is showing some wear, but the new Sleep Number beds had me waking up smiling. It had a really good selection for breakfast with eggs and sausage, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, muffins and so on. High points for housekeeping as the rooms are very clean and the one problem we had was immediately taken care of. My sole complaint is with the rooms designated as handicap-accessible which one of our party requested. We were promised a room "right off the breakfast area." But the room available was located as far from the front desk/breakfast area as was architecturally possible, next to a secondary entrance with steps and no ramp. The closet area was hung at wheelchair level, according to ADA guidelines, but the shower was in the bathtub... which, if one was using a wheelchair, would be impossible to use. Since this hotel is just a couple miles from the Mayo Clinic, accomodating older people who might not be feeling like a long hike with their walkers might be a little more of a priority.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The room was very clean, comfortable and QUIET. I could find nothing to complain about. I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Nice view from the 2nd floor SW rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Eagan, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed in the King suite for the same price I would have paid for a basic room anywhere else in Rochester, AND, this room was spottless!!! I am in Hotels 4 days out of 7, and this has been the cleanest one yet!! Great prices, friendly staff, clean rooms- Absolutely THE BEST!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a King Suite with Whirlpool right in the bathtub/shower.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

My husband and I had a King bed Deluxe Suite (with Jacuzzi) and the room was wonderful! There was plenty of room for the 2 of us, with the king bed and a couch in the sitting area. There was also a table and chairs for us to sit at if we brought a meal back to the room. A fridge, small sink microwave and coffee maker rounded things off so we could make something light if we felt the need. The bathroom had the jacuzzi tub so we could soak any time day or night and the rest of the room was large enough so we could both get ready at the same time without stepping on each other. There is not a whole lot of storage room for clothing to be hung or put away so be prepared to keep almost everything in your luggage!
The business area has one computer and printer just off the lobby and it was typically open and available for use without charge, so it was easy to check e-mails or get printouts of things for work that I could not do in my room. This made thing easier for my working from here.
The pool and whirlpool down on the main floor are easy access and well maintained so they are pleasant to use. There are lots of chairs and tables to accommodate people, although when we were there we were typically the only ones in the pool area.
The breakfast area is clean and well maintained with a good variety that should be able to please almost everyone. With everything from Cereal to toast, make it yourself waffles and hard boiled eggs, it's hard to miss. There is plenty of room for everyone so there is no reason to skip breakfast in the morning since it's free.
The hotel also offers free transfers to they Mayo clinic and these are NOT your standard transfers. They actually have you taken there by yellow cab. They pay for the cab, you cover the tip. This will save you a ton if you are planning on driving to Minnesota for the Mayo and driving back and forth since parking at the clinic is almost impossible and costs almost as much as the clinic itself! Do yourself a favor and leave your car at the hotel and use the free service, it's well worth the tip you'll pay the driver!!
Lastly is the 331 restaurant that is across the parking lot--it is phenomenal. The menu is outstanding and the number of choices is wonderful. The food is well prepared and tastes great, with portions that are perfect! I wish we had discovered it BEFORE our last night there, we would have eaten there for all our meals!!
I know if you are going for the Mayo clinic there are closer places to stay than the AMERICINN, however, if you are looking to get some rest, have a quiet stay, and be away for the hustle and bustle like we were, this is the place you want to be. It is close to the airport, but we honestly did not hear any airport noise and we had a very pleasant quiet stay while we were there.
If we need to go back to the Mayo, this is the place we will go, I guarantee it.

Room Tip: If you like late afternoon sun ask for the rooms facing the back of the building, we actually had to...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lindstrom, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

when we first walked into room we both agreed it smelled like the bottom of a garbage can after a party with the smell of old dirty ashtray.Fridge froze the snacks we had in it.Bed way to soft. Black mold around tub where calk usually is approx. 18 inches long by 1/2 inch. Had to use asthma inhaler while in that room which I havent had to use for many months.Thank goodness I brought it with.Room just nasty.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were at my Nephews wedding and forgot a treasured item in room 105. I called the hotel when I arrived home and the Woman at the desk said she would check with room service and call me back. She was prompt and kind and did call me back within 10 minutes. Unfortunately they hadn't found it. I asked if she would let them know that it was a smaller item and may have gotten kicked under the bed and to please call if they did find it later in the week. Not five minutes passed and my phone rang again. That kind soul went down to our room and checked herself and found it where I suggested. She is shipping it back to us this week. THANK YOU what great service during our stay and after.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We travel regularly, and this was a top 5 disaster. We stayed with another couple, and both of the rooms were filthy. Bathrooms were coated in a greasy film, beds smelled funny, it seemed like there was not a place in the room that you felt comfortable putting your skin up against. When we spoke with the front desk, and eventually the manager we were greeted with attitude, and comments that had us looking to move properties. They refused to let us check out without paying for the night so we decided to tough it out. After a noisy evening with little sleep ( the walls are thin apparently as you could hear guests walking and talking all night ) we checked out ready to forget the place ever existed. NOT THAT EASY !! After we got home we realized that they had charged us another $150. When we called thinking that it was a mistake, the manager rudely informed us that we had been smoking in our room and that we were not going to get our money back. WE BOTH HAVE ASTHMA !! We could not smoke if we wanted to. After 45 minutes of agonizing 1 way communication with this meat head it was obvious that they do this to a lot of people, and we would have to go to court to get our $150 back. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE !!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Airportgm, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Your comments deeply concern me. As the General Manager, I can honestly say this is a surprise. The room cleanliness does not sound like our standards at all. The rude guest service representatives also do not sound like us. No guest should be treated that way, at any hotel. You may call me, Steve Otto, at the AmericInn directly at 507-536-7000 to discuss this, and I'm sure we can solve this in a civilized manner. I would greatly appreciate your phone call to solve this issue. The thousands of satisfied guests can attest to our high standards of warm friendliness and sparkling cleanliness. Please contact me soon. Thank you.

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Rochester Airport? Share your experiences!