“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Mayo Patient Rate
Ranked #11 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel is great location. Walking distance to Mayo Clinic and on the skywalk system. Walking distance to other restaurants. I Felt very safe walking around by myself even in the evening. Since parking is at a premium here, not many spots right at the hotel, I walk everywhere. Never experienced any problems. In the summer the "Thursdays on First" is awesome. It is an outdoor craftfair/food fair. Only 1 block from hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

DebKnox, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear 471robink: Thank you very much for staying with us. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Rochester.
Deb Knox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Eau Claire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I especially appreciated the helpfulness of the staff. I had arrived earlier than expected, and the front desk attendant was very accommodating in getting me a parking pass and letting me keep my belongings behind the desk until my room was ready. My only complaint is that I thought the room fees were a little high for the facility's ammenities and compared to neighboring hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Paul M: Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. We hope that you enjoyed your stay and will return should you be in Rochester again.
Skokie, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed at your hotel, as I was here to be at the Mayo Clinic. I was here for 10 days, and was initially going to be here for 8. Your staff was very helpful in adding the extra days without issue or stress to me. At your breakfast buffet, you have one of the most amazing staff as a server, her name is Marlene. She is a true gem, you are lucky to have her. She sweet, attentive, and just bright and bubbly. Your housekeeping staff were so kind and accommodating. I had a procedure done July 3, I was pretty much bed bound until almost mid the following week. The only thing I was able to leave the room for was breakfast. Every single day, we asked if they were able to clean while we were gone for that 30-40 minutes, and every single day they were able to do so. They did it with a kind attitude and a smile, instead of acting like I was being an imposition. Also, your entire front desk staff was extremely helpful, efficient, and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

DebKnox, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Nicole M: Thank you so much for staying with us for your 10 day stay. We are so glad that while you were at the Mayo Clinic, we could help you, even in small ways, to make your stay even better. I have passed along your post to our General Manager so that she can share with the team, especially Marlene. We look forward to seeing you again.
Tlajomulco de Zuniga, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This Hotel has an excellent location, the rooms are clean, with all needed to have a good rest. The gym, spa, swimming pool in excellent conditions.
All the personnel have kindly attention to all required quickly. The breakfast complete and delicious.
I give a wide recommendation for any one that want a place stay there.

Room Tip: Any room is recommended. It is a quiet town, then the noise never will be a problem.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear HelenoJC: Thank you very much for staying with us while in Rochester and taking the time to post your comments. We are very glad to hear at you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Hartford, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times now and it has been delightful. A convenient parking lot, helpful front desk, friendly driver for the car service to your Mayo Clinic appointment. My mother needs a walker and can't step on to a "shuttle" style bus to having a car is just perfect. The room service from Newts is absolutely delicious. The bar makes great drinks too. We bring the kids and make use of the pool. It's so nice to have a familiar place to stay when you're away from home for something not so pleasant. Thank you HGI staff!

• Stayed June 2014
DebKnox, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Kimberly P: Thank you very much for always staying with us. We really love our return guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sioux Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This property has it all. Great staff and beautiful property. The rooms are large and they are very clean. The staff is friendly and willing to make your stay very pleasant. Room service is quick and the food was great. Excellent choice to stay at in Rochester.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Brian N: Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Rochester for your hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will choose us again.
Columbus, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel has nice accommodations and a friendly, helpful staff. It is located within walking distance of many of the Mayo Clinic buildings. The neighborhood is safe and there are several nice restaurants and bars within easy walking distance. There is also a healthy grocery store about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Ken H: Thank you very much for staying with us and posting your comments about your stay. I hope that you will visit us again when you return to Rochester.
Deb Knox

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown? Share your experiences!