“Super Nice Staff & Location” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save
Ranked #14 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Super Nice Staff & Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is in downtown Rochester, MN and connected to the skyway and subway covered walking systems. It was great to walk just a few steps to the mall and nearby restaurants. The staff at the Hilton are very sweet and willing to help with anything. The hotel has free pick-up and drop-off service to St. Marys Hospital which was perfect during my stay with my mother in the hospital. I would stay at this hotel again if we ever have to go back to The Mayo Clinic or St Marys Hospital.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear SJW675: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your kind comments. We are very glad to hear that we provided you with a great stay while you were here in Rochester and look forward to your return. If you need anything further, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com
Deb Knox

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Eau Claire WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times. Wonderful for the business traveler, and also Mayo patients. It is connected to the skyway/subway system. Rooms are a bit expensive, as is the breakfast, though the breakfast is very good. Beds were not comfortable, and noise level from the alley in the back of hotel woke me at 5am each day. Hotel is clean, has great amenities, fitness center, pool, whirlpool and cozy bar for hotel guests. Walking distance to anything you need. For the price, I would expect a better sleep experience, which I did not have.

Room Tip: Select a room on the front of the hotel to eliminate the noise from the alley in back.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear mcbarkr: Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoy your time with us, but if you could please send me an email with your full name and the dates that you last stayed to deb.knox@hilton.com, I will make sure to add notes on your folio that you prefer the east side of the hotel. This should alert the staff when you check in the next time with us. Thank you.
Marengo, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Mayo Patients are taken care of at the Hilton Garden Inn. The front desk people are always welcoming. Jason always gets us to the places we need to be. Michael helps us find different places to visit. Our rooms are always clean. The managers are always eager to make our stay as good as it can be, The breakfast staff always have a good, hearty breakfast for their guests.
Way to go--Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear KH: Thank you very much for the great post about our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that if you should need to return to Rochester that you will continue to stay with us. Thank you again!
alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

A really nice property for Mayo patients. There are special patient rates and you'll never have to go outside into the weather if you don't want to. Everything is connected by either subway or enclosed walkways.

The staff is really nice and the amenities are complete. Restaurant and bar offers good service. Cooked to order breakfast is the best way to start your day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the street side. Rooms on the back are quite noisy when the trash is dumped betwee...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear AlabamaTraveljack: Thank you for your kind post about our hotel. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything that I can assist you with prior to your next visit to Rochester, please just email me at deb.knox@hilton.com. Thank you again for staying with us!
Bloomington, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have been staying at this hotel for my husband's Mayo visits for over a year now and it is high time for me to post some praise for the staff, location, and comfort of the place. We initially chose it sight unseen because it is connected by skyway and subway to Mayo, making it unnecessary to walk outside in bad winter weather during our December, January, and February stays. We were pleasantly surprised during our first stay by the friendliness and competence of the staff, as well as by the amenities in and comfort of our room and by the wonderful food, cooks, and waitresses in the breakfast room. We were also very happy to find several good restaurants which we could walk to either entirely indoors or by going just a few steps out the back of the hotel. We have stayed at this hotel for all of our subsequent visits to Mayo, which unfortunately have been frequent, including one which lasted two weeks. Everyone at the hotel goes out of his or her way to be friendly, to be supportive when we are stressed, and to meet all of our needs. We will never stay anywhere else in Rochester--this place feels like home, and the staff feel like family. We do miss Kurt and David being at the front desk, but have been impressed with the new general manager. We adore Deb, Shari, and Marlene at breakfast, and the guys who park the cars and drive the limo too. I should also mention that there are nice washers and dryers for guests to use, and that quarters, laundry soap, and Bounce are available for purchase at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the elevator to minimize noise. Do NOT stay on the second floor, whi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear LauraBloomington_IL: Thank you very much for your post and for staying with us everytime your travels have brought you to Rochester. We appreciate it very much. Our General Manager will make sure to share your post with our entire staff. If you ever need anything that we can help with, please just let any of us know. My email is deb.knox@hilton.com
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

A comfortable accommodation and worth it's value. 1 of my favourite part is the adjustable hardness of the mattress. It allowed me to have a good rest during my 5 days for the Mayo board review course. The hotel is part of the network of hotels in Rochester which is connected by the series of bridges which enables visitors to Mayo clinic to travel about town without the exposure to the elements.

I can't comment about the breakfast as you need to pay extra and I had my meals in the board review course.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear yeocolin: Thank you very much for staying with us while you were in town for the Board Reviews Course. I am glad that we made your stay comfortable while you were here for meetings. If you should return again in the near future, we hope to be your hotel of choice again.
Excelsior, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is really a great hotel close to everything downtown. I started doing business down here in Rochester a few months ago. I used to stay across the street at the Holiday Inn which was good for awhile but lately has changed for the worse. I decided to give the Hilton a try since it was right across the street. I was pleasantly surprised! There was this vibe there where it was really evident that everybody loved what they were doing. Hats off to the management. I checked in late at night as I usually do and expected the usual night staff that I typically run into at other hotels. Nope, I got to meet Jeff who was far from typical. He made me feel like I was the the most important guest in the hotel. This was very refreshing. It was a great stay from the welcome to the goodbye. Rochester is a great town and I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn to anyone. This was my first experience with a Hilton property and if they are all like this one I may have a new favorite hotel!

Room Tip: Try the made your way omelet for breakfast and be sure to visit Kelly in the Bar!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
DebKnox, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Extremeoutdoors: Thank you very much for your post. We are very glad to hear that you tried our Hilton Garden Inn and enjoyed it. You will be happy to know that the Hilton Garden Inn's new General Manger was the previous General Manager of the Holiday Inn. We are very happy to have him lead our team and from your post, you noticed. We will pass along your post to the rest of the staff. Thank you again for giving us a try and we would love to have you stay with us again if you should return to Rochester. Please let us know if you need anything at deb.knox@hilton.com
Deb Knox

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown? Share your experiences!