“WOW....a must when in Rochester” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Iowa
“WOW....a must when in Rochester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I had the pleasure of eating at 300 First last weekend for an office gathering. There were about 20 in our group. I was a bit skeptical after reading some of the reviews so was thrilled when the service was exceptional and the food was amazing. We have some pretty hard to please people in our group and everyone said the same thing....this was the best dinner they had ever had. The atmosphere was very pleasing. I will defintely be coming back to 300 First...there are so many things I would like to try! I would HIGHLY recommend.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

McKinney, Texas
“Warm up to good food on a cold night.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

I came here on the advice of a colleague and was a bit skeptical after reading some less-than glowing reviews. I'm glad I did not heed them. The atmosphere was warm and inviting, the staff friendly and helpul and the food .. oh, the food. We had duck tostadas and cornbread appetizers, cream of wild mushroom soupt, and I had the bavette steak with creamed corn on the side. The creamed corn was not to my liking but everything else was superb. I would also have expected a higher bill for the meal we had.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
maloneymoni@yahoo.com
“Three Strikes, You're Out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I went to 300 First for the third time on December 31st. For the third time they were out of prime rib. We generally are there and order before 7:30. We've always had some minor issues with the service here, but like to give a place a few trys before deciding to give up on a place. When I pointed out to our waitor that this was the thid time they've been out‚ he said we should post it on their comments, I decide to post here as well. We also had the pleasure of being asked to stand while waiting for our meal so that they could move tables around, including the one we were sitting at. At $25 plus per plate, I guess I expect better treatment. Nothing was offered to us for this, the staff acted like it was no big deal asking us to during our meal. BEWARE...STAY AWAY if you are expecting to be treated well, this is not the place for you.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Not going back again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

The restaurant is not bad as far as the atmosphere. And food is high price and is overcooked, burnt and small portions. I am planning on not going back there again

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cave Creek, Arizona
“Very good, but not up to the family's other restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

The food is good, but the prices are high, too. The interior is gorgeous. The service is excellent. They have a happy hour with some very interesting food choices. Just about everything is ala carte.

But parking is an issue for us tourists. There is a parking lot with about 30 spots but it also services another of their restaurants on the lower floor. Street parking is very limited. And for goodness sakes, do NOT park in the music store's parking. They tow in the time it takes for you to get a seat at the bar. Walking in summer might work, but walking in winter is a bad choice, even for a couple of blocks.

We prefer City Cafe to 300 1st when it comes to their restaurants.

• Visited December 2011