“I loved the stay and would definitely stay here again.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Rochester / Fairgrounds Area

You added Super 8 Rochester / Fairgrounds Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Rochester / Fairgrounds Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1230 South Broadway, Hwy 63 & 14, 10 mi N of I-90, Rochester, MN 55904-3821   |
Ranked #42 of 55 Hotels in Rochester
“I loved the stay and would definitely stay here again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and nice. The people, especially the general manager, was especially nice and went out of her way to help us. This is a great place to stay and at a great price too.

The place was very quiet and we were able to actually enjoy the day just sitting back and enjoy everything. The pool area is nice and the jacuzzi is at a perfect temperature. The shower was really nice and one thing to mention, the wifi is free and reliable, that's right. How wonderful today's world is.

So this was the best Super 8 that I have ever stayed at and I would give this a five-star rating hands down. I loved the stay and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
super8one, General Manager at Super 8 Rochester / Fairgrounds Area, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your awesome review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at
Super 8-Fairgrounds. The pool and hot tub are a definite bonus when staying at our Super 8 location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Waterloo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel needs to be up dated the outside looks OK inside the rooms are dirty smell like smoke I changed my 1st because of that reason. Needs new paint - carpet-floor coving. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank your for your review. The hotel is under new ownership and management and we are working on updating the rooms.
Council Bluffs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our stay was for a Mayo Clinic visit for my 13 year old daughter. When we arrived ( I had booked the reservation a month ahead of time through priceline) our reservation was non exsistant. They did put us in the room I had requested, thank goodness it was available. Staff was helpful. The pull out couch was broken and my 10 year old son had to sleep at the foot of the bed so his head didn't slide down between the couch and mattress. The whirlpool tub was dirty with soap scum. Otherwise the room was clean. I did have to ask for more TP and tissues. I guess it was OK for the location and price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review. Housekeeping cleans and restocks rooms daily and is overseen by our head housekeeper. Third party reservations can be challenging I'm so glad the desk attendant was able to get you the room you wanted. We offer a clinic rate to our guestes that book through the hotel also. This rate cannot be given in addition to the on-line reervation rate.
Chaska, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I travel to Rochester to go to the Mayo Clinc. I have reserved a Queen Suite both times I've been there and they are fine.
On the plus side, plenty of room, comfy beds and the balcony was nice. Fairly clean. I like the fact that it is near the fairground (I have missed the fair each time I stayed) and easy shopping across the street with a couple of good restaurants too. Staff are friendly and ready to help if needed. Shuttle to Mayo is great. The morning driver usually succeeds in getting us all laughing even tho he knows many of us are very ill. I can't say how much I appreciate this amenity. I haven't tried the pool yet but seems folks are having fun in there. :-)

On the downside, rooms still smell smokey,(they changed over to all non-smoking on July 1st of this year. The carpets and drapes need serious cleaning. I walked barefoot in the room and the carpet felt sticky. Sheets are too short for the beds and blankets and quilts need replacement.
I believe the entire hotel would benefit from a make-over. They have started replacing quilts and now they need everything else. Update the TVs, bathroom tile and shower curtains, a fresh coat of paint. Updated cupboards and sinks with a bit of tile or linolium in front of the sinks, I understand the enormity of the task and it won't keep me from coming back.
The owners of Pannekoeken now own Days Inn and this Super 8. I wish they would provide fresher breakfast at Super 8 as it is not near the quality of the restaurants. A continental breakfast needs to be more than two cereal choices, a few fresh fruits, a cinnamon role with a little bit of frosting and tiny muffins both of which were really dry. I think there was juice and milk of course. The coffee was good too.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the fairgrounds. The side facing Denny's is rather noisy with their compres...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. We are working on updating our rooms at this time. We have installed all new mattresses. We are under new ownership and management. The owner also owns Pannekoeken restaurant. Our breakfast is the required Super 8 items consisting of, white and wheat bread, english muffins, waffles, cinnamon rolls, oatmeal , frosted flakes, raisin bran, fresh fruit, yogurt, orange and apple juice, milk, coffee both regular and decaf, tea, and hot chocolate. We also bring in fresh mini Pannekoeken muffins.

Been to Super 8 Rochester / Fairgrounds Area? Share your experiences!