“Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 5th Avenue Inn & Suites

5th Avenue Inn & Suites
You added 5th Avenue Inn & Suites to your Saves list
5th Avenue Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   20 Fifth Avenue NW, Rochester, MN 55901 (Formerly Brentwood on Fifth)   |
Ranked #42 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Shafer, Minnesota
“Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

It's never fun being sick but I find comfort at this hotel because of the staff. They always treat me with great respect and on days its hard to find a smile they always help me to find one. I like the fact that I am not just another face in the crowd. I have been staying here on an off for just over a year and get the same excellent service and smiles as I did when I started on my journey here. While I was here his time there was a major Winter storm it was crazy busy at the hotel but even then all are needs were taken care of and with a smile. This hotel is very affordable, the rooms are very clean, and new upgrades are taking place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
kaufman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We flew in from Texas Jan 21st only planning on staying for one week at the most. We went home April 19th.
Never imagined we would have to stay that long
My husband spent all but one week at St Mary’s hospital.
I needed to find a cheaper place to stay than the Kahler Inn and Suites. So I called around to other hotels in the area. What I needed was a place that would be safe and clean and would give me a discount by the month.
I called the 5th Ave Inn and Suites and they said come on over check out the room and see if you want to stay before you check out of the other hotel.
I felt like I walked into my best friends home to stay for a visit. The people are great they care about you. Sure the hotel has problems but so did the other one for a lot more money.
The shuttle would drop me off at the front door of the hotel and I always know I would find a cup of coffee and a friend to ask how my husband was doing.
We are coming back to Rochester for my husbands second surgery and I’m going back to my room at the 5th Ave Inn and Suites to visit my friends.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Belmond, Iowa, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

we stayed two nights, the rooms were ok, no shampoo, the center of the building is open with railings that didn't look too safe too me, and the pool was empty...we were on the fourth floor and any noise anywhere tended to echo up through the empty center of the building making sleep very intermintent. Breakfast was poor, toaster food, toast or sad waffle squares. A little fruit the first day, none the second. Rolls the first day, none the next. . Elevator was small, but quick and quiet. No greeting from the second desk clerk, first one was ok. Now that I"m home, I might be able to sleep.....We stayed a Thurs night and Friday Night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

As always, I try to save a few dollars, but regretted this decision enough that we changed hotels after the first night. We were at Mayo for three nights one week, staying at the Best Western and three nights the next week with going home on the weekend. We only stayed at 5th Avenue the first night during the second week and moved back to the Best Western. It was worth the extra $40.00/night.
5th Avenue Inn is an older model hotel with each room having a very large plate glass window overlooking the indoor hallway. The room was clean, but old. The one thing we really did not like were the beds. Their were no fitted bottom sheets just the tuck-in kind that comes out very easily. The bottom sheet was not fitted all the way to the bottom, so your feet were all over the bare mattress. The shower pressure was so-so. The room was not dark at night because of hallway and outside light.
The pool was emptied and the breakfast was just bread, donuts, dry cereal and fruit. I guess we each have our own opinion of what is acceptable, and for us, we went elsewhere. Yes it is very close to Mayo, but so are many other hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place is clean with big rooms. It very convenient to Mayo, short walk. The staff has been friendly, fun and easy to work with. One thing I didn't like was how loud the bathroom fan is. One thing I found interesting is that the bathroom has two doors, one by the dinning area and one by beds/kitchen area. I did like having a refrigerator and microwave, the refrigerator kept my stuff as cold as I wanted it.
If you are looking for a place to stay close to Mayo this is a good place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Milford, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Tim and I love to stay at 5th Ave. Inn & Suites...so convenient for us to walk to clinic, staff has been wonderful and very helpful. When I have to stay here when Tim is in the hospital at Methodist, I feel so safe here and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The staff has been so helpful and friendly and we have gotten to know a few of them....so nice....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shafer, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I fell in love with 5th Avenue Inn & Suites from the beginning! I stay here one to three times a month and will always come here in the future. The desk staff is excellent! They know me by name and greet me with a smile. They always ask how I'm doing and are there at your service when you need anything. Yes it is a small place with little amenities but to me I don't feel I'm just another face in the crowd and here's your room key. The key here is a great price, customer service, clean rooms, and laughter. The rooms are spacious and clean! There is an assortment of items for continental breakfast and Wifi. I have never had problems with reserving or having to rush around my busy schedule at the Mayo Clinic. I come here because I'm sick so the comfort here makes me feel right at home. I would recommend this hotel any day of the week. They are in the process of room improvements but to me thats not always the key to a top hotel. I will always consider this hotel a great place to stay. Cindy Sperr

Room Tip: 2nd floor is comfortable and quiet with a central lounge and reading area