“Good food and relaxing atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

(507) 280-6900
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pescara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 252 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St SW and Broadway
Transit: We are located 2 blocks away from the Rochester City Bus Depot.
Description: Pescara invites those with an appetite for fresh, forward food to share small plates, savor fine wine and enjoy selections from sea and land. Located in the newly renovated DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Rochester, it"s the perfect place to gather for business lunches, pre-theater appetizers or romantic dinners.
Rochester
“Good food and relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Food is very good with adequate servings. Cozy and relaxing atmosphere. Lunch special is very well priced.

Visited May 2013

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Don't let the location fool you, incredible fresh fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I read about this restaurant on TA and looked forward to dining here. Although we showed up without a reservation, the GM, Xavi Torres, found a table for us. I chose the Bigeye Tuna filet and had it grilled rare. My guest chose the lobster tail. (Don't ask your server about steaming the lobster tail, or you will get attitude as they do not steam.)

The food arrived and was wonderful. Their fish is flown in fresh six-days a week. With all of their fish entrees, you choose the type of fish (daily market price), the way you want it prepared (grilled, sauteed or broiled) and then choose your favorite sauce. Did I mention the smoked Gouda hash browns as a side?

The food was super! Unfortunately, the service was lacking. The only time the waitress appeared was to ask if we wanted to purchase more food. I had to ask for more water!

The GM apologized for the service we received. With the prices we paid (approximately $80 per person), I have a high expectation for good service.

Visited July 2013
Xavi T, General Manager at Pescara, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your fair review of the restaurant. While I am delighted that you enjoyed your food so much, I sincerely regret that our service did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I'll be using your feedback for some retraining. I hope you give us another chance on your next visit to Rochester, I promise that you'll be blown away.

Kind Regards,

Xavi Torres
Rake, Iowa
“Fun Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was a great stop to eat at after very long day at Mayo Clinic. It is within walking distance of the Clinic and great downtown shopping. Very nice atmosphere and friendly staff...The cost was a little on the high side, but the food was excellent.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Illinois
“Great seafood experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress was wonderful. She walked us thru the menu, describing cooking styles and sauces offered. She even offered suggestions about particular fishes and how a lot of people prefer them. We started with the Pescura platter for 2 which included 2 shrimp broiled, 2 crab cakes, 2 pan seared sea scallops and about a dozen mussels. All I can say is it was all wonderful! For my dinner, I had the halibut pan seared and sautéed in the fond blanc sauce. My wife had the risotto di mare which included scallops, whitefish, shrimp and mussels on risotto with fresh arugula. This place is a little pricey, but considering the fresh seafood dishes worth the visit.

Visited July 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
“Now we know why this restaurant is #1 in Rochester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The atmosphere is wonderful and you can actually carry on a conversation with people across the table. Too many restaurants are so noisy you can't relax. We went there Saturday night with friends and everyone ordered appetizers, side dishes and main entrees. Everything was a "10" including the baked in house bread! If you want class and fresh seafood flown in everyday, you must eat here!

• Visited July 2013