“Very very good!” 5 of 5 stars

(507) 280-6900
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pescara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 262 Restaurants in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 2nd St SW and Broadway
Transit: We are located 2 blocks away from the Rochester City Bus Depot.
Description: Pescara invites those with an appetite for fresh, forward food to share small plates, savor fine wine and enjoy selections from sea and land. Located in the newly renovated DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Rochester, it"s the perfect place to gather for business lunches, pre-theater appetizers or romantic dinners.
Minneapolis
“Very very good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was delicious and the service was excellent. Highly recommended if you enjoy seafood. The space is small so I recommend a reservation.

Visited March 2013

“Lived up to the reviews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My Husband and I recently moved to Rochester and have slowly been trying new restaurants that are local (non chain). I had the opportunity to eat lunch at Pescara with co-workers last week and it was absolutely delicious. I had read reviews and heard great things and I have to say, my experience lived up to the hype. I ordered the crab cake sliders with fresh fruit -- delicious! The crab was fresh and had a very light breading on it and the fruit cup, which sounds simple enough, was fabulous. It came with a variety of blueberries, raspberries, grapes, strawberries and pineapple -- all of which was fresh and flavorful. My co-workers had the fish tacos, which looked great as well. This is a great lunch place, whether for a business meeting or a lunch with friends. Service was friendly and quick, which was nice so we didn't have to pay for parking less than 1 hour.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Would highly recommend this place-loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

As we usually do, we found this place on Tripadvisor. We found a place at the bar and we were greeted immediately by Nicki. It was their 4 year anniversary so we had a $4.00 menu for the occasion and the regular menu. It was really hard to make a decision, everything sounded wonderful. I had the potato leek soup and it was so good! It had truffle oil & bacon & chives. The roasted beet salad was probably the best salad I've ever had. It's the first time I had a salad with pine nuts and capers. Loved the salty capers with the balsamic dressing. The hubby had the seafood risotto. A little spicy for him, but he polished it off. We ended the night with the bread pudding and it was extremely good! Nice wine selection...and cappuccino's.
We were very impressed by our servers, Nicki & Kelsey. Those girls knew the menu..and could answer any questions you had and give you suggestions based on what you were looking for. We are just passing through but wish we could try more menu items.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fresh Fish in MM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

great service. wonderful food. fresh fresh fish. inventive menu that changes with the seasons. wonderful for a mid-sized town in Rochester, MN

Seattle, WA
“One of Rochester's Finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This restaurant is more upscale, intimate and service oriented. Located at the Doubletree Hotel downtown. Nice variety of menu items including great seafood. Yes, I am from Seattle and this Minnesota seafood is very nice! My wife and I ate here two nights in a row. If you are looking for a great meal downtown, this is the place.