“Great Place for Visit to Mayo” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Mayo Clinic Rate
Ranked #2 of 53 hotels in Rochester
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Place for Visit to Mayo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Our family (including a 10 month old) stayed here while my mom had an appointment at the Mayo. It was a very spacious room, clean and peaceful. The staff at the front desk were very helpful checking in. The pool and hot tub were very nice and clean. The breakfast was well maintained and had a good variety of items. Cookies and coffee and tea were left out during the day. My mom took the shuttle which runs every 30 minutes to the Gonda building and easily got to her appointment at the Mayo building (next door to Gonda). The staff were very accomodating to our family which had to be in and out because of the appointments and they allowed us extra time to check out. There are large stores including Target and Walmart near by for last minute needs.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

362 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

New facility that is very well cared for; incredibly caring and attentive staff. Absolutely the BEST hotel stay my family has EVER had!! Clean, caring, quiet, comfortable stay. Shuttle to Mayo Clinic - located by WalMart and Target. Staff plain ROCKS!!! We stayed here for my Mom's stem cell transplant.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Evanston, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Hotel is clean and new with great workout facilities and pool. Staff was among the most friendly I have ever encountered. Rooms are spacious and clean with comfortable furnishings. An all around great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn north for 3 days. My husband had to go to the Mayo Clinic and I was concerned that this hotel might be too far. Let me assure you, this hotel was wonderful. The staff was incredibly friendly. The manager Elijah always had a smile on his face and couldn't have been nicer. Our room was a king suite with more than enough space. The room had a small kitchen area with a refrigerator and microwave. The hotel provided coffee in the room as well as delicious popcorn for the microwave. The bed was first rate with lush bedding and an abundance of pillows. This was important since I have back problems and I woke up feeling great. The hotel has a wonderful heated pool as well as a great hot tub which I made use of everyday. Every morning they offer free breakfast and this was not just the bare minimum. They offered waffles, eggs, sausages, juice and a choice of cereals, fruit, yogurt and muffins. The kitchen staff was so generous and helpful even though I arrived 3 minutes to closing, they never rushed me and told me I could go back in and help myself. The hotel offers a shuttle to the clinic which is so convenient. They take you right there which was only about a 7 minute ride. When you are finished, you just had to tell the desk and they will come right back to get you. They also offer free wi-fi and have a great business center so you can print out your flight info or whatever you need. My husband and I loved this hotel and the staff. We found out that my husband has to come back and stay for a month for treatment and he will definitely make the Hampton Inn his home away from home.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

My grandparents live in MN and we always stay in a hotel when we visit. This was our first time at the Hampton Inn and it was SO nice. I didn't want to leave. Serioulsy, I am a hotel snob and prefer the Four Seasons variety, but this place was great. Super clean, excellent customer service and everything in the world you could want. Will definitely by my hotel of choice in the future.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
St Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

Nice new hotel, very clean and quiet.. I liked the layout of the room..
Breakfast was GREAT! lots of variety.
The hotel staff were always pleasant and smiled. Front Desk people were

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

This hotel exceeded our expectations. The room was very clean and comfortable, The staff was very nice and accommodating. They offer a free shuttle too and from the mayo clinic everyday, And would come anytime we needed them. Great breakfast every morning.
Would definitely stay here again..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rochester - North? Share your experiences!