“Incredibly noisy” 2 of 5 stars
Review of GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Rochester

Save Saved
You added GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Rochester to your Saves list
GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Rochester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   435 16th Avenue NW, Rochester, MN 55901 (Formerly Travelodge Rochester)   |
Ranked #23 of 53 hotels in Rochester
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Incredibly noisy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were subjected to a lot of people running through the hallways, doors slamming all evening and dogs barking in the next room. The hallway activities did not stop until nearly 11 (parents and teenage boys). Our room was also on the freeway side of the hotel. Even though the beds were comfortable and the room was clean, we will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at our facility. I do want to let you know that I did address the noise issues with our staff and want to let you know that is not the standards of the GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester. We take a lot of pride in making sure our guests are comfortable at our facility and I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up our standards. We would love to have you come back and stay with us again.

Again thank you for letting us know about your stay with us.

120 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Been doing a tour of Rochester Hotels because of some recent tests and procedures at the Mayo Clinic. GuestHouse is the third hotel I have stayed at in the last 10 days and is probably the place I will stay the next time I have to visit Rochester. By no means is this a luxury hotel, but it does have a the base amenities that I need. Check-in was easy, even though there was an issue with the hotel broker's payment, they gave me my keys and said it was not my problem they would take care of it. Room was clean, a little dated, but very adequate. Very convenient to St. Mary's Hospital and plenty of eating options close by. There is a Famous Dave's attached to the hotel and it looked like they would provide room service (a rarity in a value hotel). There is also an Olive Garden, Perkins and Wild Bill's within a block.

This will be my new home in Rochester, when I visit again.

(Pool area was being refurbished, looks like it will be very nice).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor! Looking forward to your future stays with us.

North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has excellent service, and is very convenient to the Mayo Clinic. We have have stayed at many other hotels in Rochester, many of which were inexpensive well. However of all the hotels we have stayed in, the guesthouseis one of the cleanest inexpensive hotels you will find in Rochester. The service is excellent and it is clean and quite convenient. If you want a better hotel, you will have to pay more than double this rate. And a Perkins is across the street and famous Dave's is attached and the breakfast provide is decent, so it is very convenient. The suites have a frat kitchen and are very good for longer stays.

• Stayed February 2013
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor! Hope to see you again soon!

Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

It's one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed in. I did the white glove test and did not find dust. The Staff is "GREAT", polite and friendly. Steve the Breakfast Host, helped a guest at his busiest time and did not miss a beat wih his other duties.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the GuestHouse Inn and Suites of Rochester, and telling us about it on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear your stay went well!

Rochester, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed on the third floor with a Jacuzzi in the room. I was a little leery after booking the room reading the reviews about a Jacuzzi not working, but ours worked like a dream! What a relaxing way to celebrate an anniversary. The room was affordable, very clean, and the king size bed was comfortable. Third floor was quiet. We had dinner at "Famous Dave's" - 10 percent off the dinner bill for staying at the hotel. Also, since its attached, we didn't even need to brave the cold weather. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GHIRochester, General Manager at GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Rochester, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. I am happy to hear your stay was relaxing and enjoyable! Hope to see you soon.

Maryland Heights, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here for 2 weeks while on business and it was excellent. The front desk was very helpful with recommendations on places to eat and the entire staff was very friendly. The room was perfect for living out of during the extended stay (clean/quiet) and I will definitely be staying here again the next time I am in Rochester.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that your stay went well and that we were able to accommodate your needs. Hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again!
Park Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I needed an affordable hotel because I can't afford the hotels close to Mayo and needed to be there a whole week for testing. I had originally scheduled online and then contacted the hotel manager to see if there was any discount for Mayo patients. She was able to offer me their extended stay package that was even more affordable. When making my reservation I got a kitchenette suite to save money on eating out while I was there. Me and my husband were able to bring our own food to store in a full size fridge and cook on a stove top and microwave. We also had a toaster sink, cooking utensils, pans, glasses, plates and silverware in our room. We did treat ourselves though to room service from Famous Dave's that is attached to the hotel and delivers straight to your room (very good and very good service). This hotel offered a free shuttle service to and from the Mayo clinic that picked up at the front doors and was very convenient. Our room was on the 3rd floor. Every morning when we would leave our room or when we would come back the halls would smell fresh and clean which confuses me when I read other reviews. You could tell when room service had done their job because you could smell a flowery type aroma in the halls. The room was very clean and when we had our do not disturb sign up when I needed rest they never bothered us. The only thing about the hotel is that is a little outdated. It's not a fancy hotel like the ones closer to Mayo that charge $100 or more a night but it is affordable and I honestly don't have any complaints about the hotel itself. Also they have new Visio tv's that work with Xbox as well as free Wi Fi that worked great with my Laptop, Xbox and my Kindle. I do suggest that they monitor the halls in the evening if a lot of kids/teens will be staying there. One night the fire alarm went off and we heard kids running down the hall laughing as if they had pulled it. There was no fire either. The upsetting part is it was in the middle of the night and me and my husband were sleeping. We were exhausted from a long day at Mayo and I had to get up early for a long day of testing the next day and it was a little upsetting. But then that was out of the control of the hotel unless they choose to monitor the halls. Like I said if you are looking for a Hilton type hotel then you need to find one and pay the price for one. This hotel was nice and affordable for my long stay for Mayo.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and had a great kitchenette suite