I needed an affordable hotel because I can't afford the hotels close to Mayo and needed to be there a whole week for testing. I had originally scheduled online and then contacted the hotel manager to see if there was any discount for Mayo patients. She was able to offer me their extended stay package that was even more affordable. When making my reservation I got a kitchenette suite to save money on eating out while I was there. Me and my husband were able to bring our own food to store in a full size fridge and cook on a stove top and microwave. We also had a toaster sink, cooking utensils, pans, glasses, plates and silverware in our room. We did treat ourselves though to room service from Famous Dave's that is attached to the hotel and delivers straight to your room (very good and very good service). This hotel offered a free shuttle service to and from the Mayo clinic that picked up at the front doors and was very convenient. Our room was on the 3rd floor. Every morning when we would leave our room or when we would come back the halls would smell fresh and clean which confuses me when I read other reviews. You could tell when room service had done their job because you could smell a flowery type aroma in the halls. The room was very clean and when we had our do not disturb sign up when I needed rest they never bothered us. The only thing about the hotel is that is a little outdated. It's not a fancy hotel like the ones closer to Mayo that charge $100 or more a night but it is affordable and I honestly don't have any complaints about the hotel itself. Also they have new Visio tv's that work with Xbox as well as free Wi Fi that worked great with my Laptop, Xbox and my Kindle. I do suggest that they monitor the halls in the evening if a lot of kids/teens will be staying there. One night the fire alarm went off and we heard kids running down the hall laughing as if they had pulled it. There was no fire either. The upsetting part is it was in the middle of the night and me and my husband were sleeping. We were exhausted from a long day at Mayo and I had to get up early for a long day of testing the next day and it was a little upsetting. But then that was out of the control of the hotel unless they choose to monitor the halls. Like I said if you are looking for a Hilton type hotel then you need to find one and pay the price for one. This hotel was nice and affordable for my long stay for Mayo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mayo Clinic Rates, Free Mayo Shuttle, 100 % Smoke-Free, Famous Dave's BBQ on site. Newly Remodeled Indoor Pool, Weekly Rates. All Rooms Include; Deluxe Breakfast, Wireless Internet; Refrigerator, Microwave, Iron/Iron board, Hairdryer, Coffeemaker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your GuestHouse International Inn & Suites Rochester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse International Inn And Suites Rochester
- Guesthouse International Inn & Suites Rochester Hotel Rochester
- Hotel International Rochester