“Good hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 56 Hotels in Rochester
Fargo, ND
“Good hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

This was a very good stay. The room was CLEAN and COMFORTABLE. I am a stickler for cleanliness so I was very pleased. The exercise room was well equipped but apparently there was something wrong with the TV because on day 3 of a 5-day stay, it was no longer in the room with no explanation. Also, the hotel room next to me was full of noisy people who kept slamming their door. Luckily one call to the front desk fixed the problem and they were quiet the rest of their stay. My only real complaint is that I could hear everything going on in the hallway. Not sure if the folks were unusually noisy or what, but I could hear people walking down the hall and normally I don't hear that stuff.

All in all it's a nice hotel. I'll come back here for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Spent several days here while a family member was a patient at Mayo. Clinic rate very competitive with other hotels in the area, but much better quality hotel than the others. The hotel has the fact that it is the newest in town on it's side. We traveled with a small child and a pack and play. In the two queen room we were able to move the sleeper sofa to make a roomy play area and PNP spot. Hotel staff was able to put all our family members in rooms next to each other which was nice. We have stayed at 3 different hotels over our Mayo stay now, and Comfort Suites was by far the best choice. For economical reasons we changed to a longer term hotel with a lower weekly rate.
Continental breakfast was as expected for a hotel, eating/lobby area very nice and clean. Rooms very clean and well kept, even under furniture we moved. Bed was very comfortable, and nice LCD tvs.
Location wise, probably the furthest from Mayo but don't let it deter you from choosing this hotel. 10 minute drive to Mayo from hotel. Does have convenient shuttle service during the week for Mayo. Down the road from a super Target and movie theatre, which was a nice bonus to be near.
Overall, glad we stayed here, wish the weekly mayo rate was more affordable so we could have stayed longer at this hotel.
Fitness room could use upgraded equipment.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Grant Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

We were at Mayo clinic all day and had to stay an additional day. The motel we stayed at was booked. We needed a handicap room so I looked on trip advisor and noticed very good reviews on this motel. I called later in the day and Josh said he had 1 handicap room left. I said we would take it and said I would be there in about 30 minutes. He said I have your name down and I will see you when you get here. The room was very clean and big. It was not right by Mayo but a little bit of the highway. It was nice to get away from the same atmosphere for one night, but not to far away. Dont know if they have a shuttle. I would stay here again for sure. It was cheaper to call directly to motel rather than Expedia price.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Pelkie, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

This is a awesome place to stay, very well kept, clean and comfortable. The beds were like heaven and the bedding and pillows superb. Noticed a review negative before mine and they must be super snotty people as this place had no problems I noticed at all and I travel alot. SHuttle service efficient for transport to Mayo clinic. Quiet area out of the hussle and close to main highway short distance to food, mall and Mayos. Pool small side but hottub wonderful. Definetely will be staying here with my visits to Mayos. 100% satisified.....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my mom, sister, aunts and cousins. It was a great, quiet location and had everything that we needed. They had very spacious, clean rooms and the beds were so comfortable. We had adjoining rooms which was great since we had a larger group. The staff was awesome! They were always willing to to answer any questions we had and were very accommodating. The pool was very clean as well! Breakfast was wonderful with fresh bread and pastries as well as hot food items. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2011
Stacy, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I had to stay here for eight nights for medical reasons. I feel like I really picked the best hotel in town for my budget. The customer service was excellent, the beds were so great, and the rooms very clean. It was also very quiet, which was important to me. It is a bit out of town, but the shuttle to the Mayo was always on time, and it was so convenient. The hotel is decorated so nicely and the breakfast and evening snack were very convenient for us, and an added value. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I was definately impressed.

• Stayed December 2010
Watertown, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

Came to Rochester with family because I am scheduled for surgery at Mayo Clinic. I couldn't ask for better service, better rates or better location. The staff is very, very pleasant! The room is beautiful and spacious. Lobby is clean and large. This hotel is located 4 miles south of Mayo and Rochester Hospital and it's an extremely easy commute. You can avoid the downtown congestion and paid parking by staying here. They also offer shuttles to Mayo almost every hour on the hour. The Continental breakfast is excellent. They say they try to accomodate Mayo Clinic patients and their families and THEY DO. I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel and can only say if you are searching for a place to stay while in Rochester, search no further! This is a wonderful bargain and an excellent place to stay! Another plus, free high-speed internet. ;-))

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Suites Rochester? Share your experiences!