“Wide Open Spaces” 5 of 5 stars

Bismarck, North Dakota
61 attraction reviews
“Wide Open Spaces”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

the auto tour was lovley and we were able to spot an eagle from the scopes! :) We saw numerous swans swimming on one of the many lakes! Birds upon birds of various species were fun to see! Walked on a 2 mile trail and saw lots of huge toads, frogs, mushrooms (orange), small gardener snakes! Turkey vultures swarmed over our heads too! The Interpretive Center was closed for remodeling, but the office Park Rangers were quite helpful! Free admission! Worth the visit!!!!

Visited August 2012

Callaway, Minnesota
“Daily Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I drive through Tamarac almost every weekday on my way home from work. I do some hiking and nature loving on my way home. All the trails are marked well and it isn't crowded so I like the peace and quiet.

Visited July 2012

Been to Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.