“Average, not as bad as some of the other reviews” 3 of 5 stars

Select Inn Redwood Falls
410 West Park Road, Redwood Falls, MN 56283 (Formerly Dakota Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Redwood Falls
Crystal, Minnesota
“Average, not as bad as some of the other reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked on Hotwire for a cousin's wedding. The wedding ended up being cancelled, but I couldn't cancel the room, so we decided to take a night away since we had the room anyway.
I was very nervous after reading some of the reviews, but really, it wasn't that bad. It wasn't the Ritz-Carlton either, but I only paid like $35 or something.
The room seemed clean, the bed was ok, the only real issue I had was the toilet flushed REALLY slow. You had to hold the handle down for 30 seconds or so to ensure everything went down.
I would actually stay again if I ever need to go to Redwood Falls in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Willmar, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My Girlfriend and i satyed here in a snow storm 12-10-12. It was terrible after driving all day on bad road we came to here and got stuck in there barely plowed parking lot. Then we got to our room and everything was stained and dirty!! nasty place!!! Only take your girlfriend here if she is very lowlife!! mine was not impressed!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Prairie, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I reserved a room here last weekend. We got in around 5:30 and basically just dropped off our bags so we could meet up with friends elsewhere. There was hair on top of our towels in the bathroom and the floor had not been vacuumed. The doorknob on the bathroom door was just about falling out of the door, my husband actually asked me if I had a screwdriver with me so he could fix it. I decided at that point that I would not shower there and would probably just sleep in my clothes. When we got back to our room at about 1:30 a.m. we just couldn't bring ourselves to even sleep there the room was so dirty. We got in our car and drove the 2 hours in the middle of the night to get back home. We will never go back to this place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rockford, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Our family had a family reunion in Red Wood Falls this past weekend, and the Select Inn was the only motel in the area that has a swimming pool. So with a 7-year-old son we HAD to stay Saturday night at the Select Inn.

The room was generally clean except for the hair on the bathroom floor and when I plugged in the clock radio that was sitting on the nightstand, I saw behind the nightstand an area that was extremely disgusting, The toilet flushed very slowly.

The view outside our window was a weedy area, about 12 X 12, surrounded by a 6-foot wooden fence.

We enjoyed the swimming pool Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. It is small to medium size and the deepest part is 5 feet.

However the “spa” (whirlpool?) is a joke. I turned on the timer for the “spa”, expecting to see jets of water swirling around the “spa”. There was nothing. I thought it was broken. I decided to sit in it anyway because at least the water was hot. After a couple minutes I put my hand in front of one of the jets and I actually felt a little water pressure on my hand! Wow! Some “spa”! (Update: I have recently called the Select Inn and the person who answered the phone confirmed that the “spa” wasn’t working.)

The breakfast there is rather ho-hum. The have things to toast, stuff to put on your toasted things, fruit, juices, yogurt, milk, and some cereal. There may be a few more items but I can’t remember what they would be.

Sunday morning the toilet completely plugged. But we were getting ready to leave so it was no big deal (to us).

We had little interaction with the staff, but when we did, they seemed pleasant and courteous. Parking was never a problem. We always got a parking spot by the door. And they always had a tray of chocolate chip cookies on the front desk.

We did some sightseeing at the Alexander Ramsey Park while we were there. If you’re into waterfalls, the park is a great place to visit. But don’t forget your camera, like we did!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

I don' t mind staying at a no frills older motel, but I do expect it to be clean and well maintained, and to feel safe. We arrived at the Select Inn after midnight as we drove in from out of state. There was a group of people loitering outside an exit near the lobby. While I was checking in 3 young men who appeared intoxicated were waiting for the elevator and catcalling to a young lady who walked past. The hallways were dirty, as was our room. The carpet was not vacuumed very well and there was hair in the tub. I felt like I didn't want to touch anything, much less sleep in the bed. I would not recommend this property!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Select Inn Redwood Falls? Share your experiences!