“Spend $10 extra and stay elsewhere” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Abbotsford, Wisconsin
“Spend $10 extra and stay elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I'm really not that picky and didn't choose the cheapest hotel nor the most expensive when I chose Rodeway, however, I was very disappointed and wished we would've spent a little more to stay elsewhere. BEWARE: showers are for SHORT people. Mattresses are HARD. Hotel was rundown but clean (if that makes sense) It's not the maid's job to fix peeling paint and broken outlets. It's located off the beaten path and made me leary to park vehicle overnight.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
nick p, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2014

NICK PATEL
GM

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Austin, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed here for bowling tournaments the first part of March. I didn't make the reservations but was open minded to give this place a chance. During check in there was no staff to be found it took us to actually call the hotel to tell them we were at the desk waiting to check in. When the staff finally came he was friendly. Rooms need some updating and a good cleaning. The other downfall was the parking lot had not been plowed of all the snow it was hit and miss on plowed areas.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
nick p, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2014

NICK PATEL
GM
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Great value in Red Wing, where rooms are very pricey. Downside is that it is not down town. However, there is a bar & restaurant next door for very good value food. Rooms are older but clean & we had a comfortable, undisturbed sleep. Fridge & microwave in rooms. Basic continental breakfast included. There is an indoor pool & Jacuzzi tub on site.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the property, away from main road.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The room was very dirty. You could tell that the housekeepers probably just quickly wiped things down. Clumps of dust on the lamp under the shade. The corners of the bathroom were stained. The carpet is very dark so you cannot tell how clean it is but when walking with bare feet, your feet turned brown from the dirt. I don't think they ever shampoo the carpets. The showerhead in the bathroom is so far down I hit my head on it and I am only 5'6. I could feel the springs in the mattress on all of my pressure points. The continental breakfast is all sugar- surgary cereal, muffins, danish, juice "drink", with white bread only. I thought this place should be priced at $45 instead of the $85 that was charged.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I checked in and then left for a concert at the casino. After getting back to my room rather late, I tried to get online before going to bed. I couldn't connect to the wireless in the room, so called the desk, and was told "Keep trying". I gave up & went to bed. My room was 1 room away from the exit to the parking lot, so in the morning, I threw on some clothes, and took some items out to my car. I tried to come back in this back exit, but my key card wouldn't let me in. So in 20 degree weather & sandals, had to walk around to the main entrance to get in. Went to my room to find I had been locked out there also. Since I was paid up, and it was not yet checkout time, there was no reason for this to happen. Walked back up to the main desk & got a clerk who walked back with me to find, that YES, my key didn't work! She went back to get another key card, and then went in with me, where I found that someone had been in my room while I was gone, and had thrown garbage on the floor from the garbage can. Since I had been parked so close, I had left my purse, camera, and computer in the room. BIG MISTAKE! The clerk said "It must have been housekeeping", but since I had a DO NOT DISTURB sign on my door, and it wasn't checkout time, housekeeping should have kept out! Upon checking out, I told the manager/owner about what happened, who also replied "It must have been housekeeping". Under NO circumstances would I recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Pick a different place to stay!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Black River Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Got to hotel rather late and check in process was already complete for front desk attendant said because of some computer issue that the card was already charged and we were already checked in - this made check in very easy for just handed us the keys and signed and that was it. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. The shower was hot but at times it would go to very very hot and then back to hot again so this was unexpected and not a good surprise. Breakfast choices were minimum along with the breakfast area. Pricing was rather high but was in range with other hotels. Stay was good for the short time we were there.

Room Tip: parking lot very tight
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed here New Year's Eve. I spent more time in the room as I wasnt feeling well. Our room was very nice. Just a standard hotel room, nothing fancy. The beds were a little small, but I have to say it was very clean. It is an older building and people need to remember there is a difference between being "old" and "dirty". I always check the corners of the bathroom floors to give me a good example of how clean a place is, and I was impressed. The man who checked us in was very friendly and the price is right. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor so people have to listen to YOU walking instead of you having to listen to THE...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!