“Modest motel with all the essentials.” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Red Wing
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   232 Withers Harbor Dr, Red Wing, MN 55066   |
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Red Wing
Juneau, Alaska
“Modest motel with all the essentials.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

This motel fit the bill for my visit to Red Wing. The staff were friendly and very interested in ensuring my comfort. The cost for the room was surprisingly low, especially considering that it had pool and laundry facilities.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Oneonta, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

The hotel staff was very helpful during the time I was at this location. The housekeeping staff was kind and friendly and greeted me each morning with a smile and a nice comment.
The room had new carpet and new mattresses, which were very comfortable. I was unable to secure the single bed room as I requested, but was offered the room later in my stay when it became available. The management did offer to remove one of the queen beds in my room if I would like that option.
The hotel also allows pets, which is a nice feature, and the trails that surround the area made walking during the day a nice treat.
I was a little disappointed in the distance I had to walk to the on site laundry room.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Red Wing, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Staff wants your stay to be a good one. They are very friendly and helpful.
Our rooms, and we had 3, were recently recarpeted, very clean, bright and large. Had micro and refrigerator. Also had new very comfortable beds. And this was a first---my husband told the manager about a drain problelm and it was fixed immediately! They are operating a very good motel for a very good price.
Many of the businesses in Red Wing are below the bridge and a puzzle to get to, but we thought Red Wing Super 8 was worth solving the puzzle.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

If you are looking for a clean hotel with pool and spa, then the Super 8 is it. I have stayed there several times in the past month of December and each time I was not disappointed.

The internet worked great. The bed mattresses are new. The carpet is new. The pool area was very clean. The TV/cable worked well.

I would recommend this hotel if you were staying in the Red Wing area and wanted the best value over all the other hotels.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Walnut, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

My sister & I stayed here for 3 nights. We slept very well because our beds were so comfortable and the room was clean and quiet. The front desk was efficient and friendly. The breakfast was good (even had Danish rolls), the swimming pool and whirlpool were both in good working condition (I thought the water in the pool was a bit too cool though), and the location is right in the "hub" of all the tourist activities we were wanting to go to. Thank you Red Wing, MN Super 8 for a very pleasant stay! Ruth & Carol

• Stayed October 2010
Green Bay, WI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

We were looking for a hotel at the last minute on our anniversary on a Saturday night as we were on a trip around the Wisconsin boarder. We were told that this was the only hotel in town that had rooms left. So I called and was told they had a king suite left and she would drop it down to $120.00 for the night. It seemed high for a Super 8 but we went to check it out.

It was located down by an industrial and run down area by the river with a train running right by the hotel. I did a quick check on trip advisor on my blackberry and was concerned about the comments of smoke and bedbugs from previous guests. As I approached the hotel I saw the paint was severely pealing and the walls were covered with some kind of bugs.

The girl at the desk was not real friendly and very uncaring with an attitude as she was busy reading a magazine or something. I asked about the bedbugs and she said they were just rumors. I asked if we could see the room first and she gave me a key. Walking down the corridor I was choking from the smoke and must oders. The room was at the end of the hotel and very dark. I looked out the window and saw it was covered with plywood and only thing visible was a dumpster as they must have been remodeling the room above.
This room was not worth $120.00 a night or even $30.00 a night and am glad we looked before we paid. We ended up finding a room at an Americinn about 20 miles away that was very nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
nshah1, Owner at Super 8 Red Wing, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
TO WEGS:
Dear “WEGS” of Greenbay, Wisconsin.
We are very sorry that you could not stay at the Super 8. We value our customers very well and take your opinion seriously. Please note that the bugs you have seen are not bed bugs but box elder bugs that similar to ladybug which reside all over Red Wing during this time of the year as it is their mating season. Also note that at the time we were reconstructing our roof at the time which explains the big dumpster you have seen due to weather wear and tear. We are actually re-modeling the whole building to improve your stay. We have added new windows, new carpeting and new beds to the majority of the rooms and we are continuing to further improve it. We apologize for any misconceptions you have had had on us.
We want to assure you that you will not have this issue again if you come by and stop again through Red Wing. We want let you know that your review on us through Trip Advisor can hurt our newly owned business and we don’t want to lose our valued customers because of the review. We urge you to kindly reconsider what you wrote on the review based on what we explained above.
Once again we are terribly sorry for your inconvenience and hope that we did not ruin your anniversary weekend. Please give us a call if you are in town again. I know we will change your mind about us. Give us a call at 651-388-0491 and ask for the owner.
Sincerley,
-Neelam Shah
(Owner/Manager)
Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

I often stay at the Red Wing, MN Super 8 and I have always had great service. The owner and manager are always very curteous and accomodating. They have very nice rooms for the price and I often use the pool as well. I would recommend to everyone.

Shannon

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Red Wing? Share your experiences!